JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone know of an indoor range within an hour or so of Portland that lets you bring loaded magazines?

I understand they want to check ammo but I don't want to spend my time there loading mags, like to bring 15-20 loaded ones and blast away. Would even be willing to become a member somewhere if it allows me to do so, I realize non members probably don't get the leeway that members get most places. The Place to Shoot, Threat Dynamics, and Beavercreek all seem to not allow loaded mags. Unless I'm wrong and there's exceptions for members?

Hoping one of you fine folks know where steer me! (aside from wolf creek / salmonberry, I want to take advantage of a motorized target hanging system and A/C haha)

Beaver creek will let you do whatever if you have a membership. That being said, it's a pretty crap hole range imo.

Get on the waitlist for a Tri County membership. I've found it to be very worth it - especially once you are action range certified.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Johnson Creek Gun Club. Members and guests. Handloads etc. OK. Hand cranked 50' non magnum pistols and .22lr rifles only.
Do you know if someone can go as a guest without coming with a member? I did send an email to see what the wait list is like to become a member, they do a warning on their member page about being inundated with new member requests. "Thank you for your interest in joining Johnson Creek Gun Club. However, management has been unable to meet the demand for new member accounts. The interest level has outstripped the club's capacity to orient new members. This reality has prompted the need to maintain a Wait List for applicants wishing to join."

Beaver creek will let you do whatever if you have a membership. That being said, it's a pretty crap hole range imo.

Get on the waitlist for a Tri County membership. I've found it to be very worth it - especially once you are action range certified.
Hmmm, beavercreek is so close to me that I can overlook most of their issues, and I do get alone with them okayish. Maybe that's my best bet for a trip soon. Tri Country has had me on the wait list for a few weeks now hopefully I hear from them soon.

Also, if you don't have a CHL, both Portland and Multnomah county restrict loaded magazines of non-CHL holders.
This is good know. I'm not CHL, don't want to get in hot water during a traffic stop or something. Darn regional bs... shouldn't be at risk of committing a crime just by entering into a different county!

This is good know. I'm not CHL, don't want to get in hot water during a traffic stop or something. Darn regional bs... shouldn't be at risk of committing a crime just by entering into a different county!
It's even better, they restrict loaded clips and speed loaders too.

SafeFire Indoor Range is just east of 192nd Ave and 1st St in Camas. They allow loaded mags, but will be asked to verify if ammo is steel-impregnated (i.e. no Tula, Wolf or others).

You can rent firearms, but have to buy Range ammo so it wont damage rentals. It is an open range for members and public.

https://www.shootatsafefire.com/

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Do you know if someone can go as a guest without coming with a member? I did send an email to see what the wait list is like to become a member, they do a warning on their member page about being inundated with new member requests. "Thank you for your interest in joining Johnson Creek Gun Club. However, management has been unable to meet the demand for new member accounts. The interest level has outstripped the club's capacity to orient new members. This reality has prompted the need to maintain a Wait List for applicants wishing to join."

Hmmm, beavercreek is so close to me that I can overlook most of their issues, and I do get alone with them okayish. Maybe that's my best bet for a trip soon. Tri Country has had me on the wait list for a few weeks now hopefully I hear from them soon.

A guest must be accompanied by a member.

I'm off 185th and the 26 - so pretty darn close to Beaver creek. I had a membership there for a year and yea, it's okay. I overlooked the lack of ventilation and small size for the proximity and ability to use my own ammo...A means to an end is what it was...as soon as TCGC came into the picture, I haven't been back to BC Armory.

It took me over a year to get into TCGC...but, I was delayed due to COVID...they're estimates, though, for my new member group were pretty spot on after they adjusted things for COVID. Hopefully you don't have to wait as long!

Outdoors->Tri-County; Indoors->SafeFire

Both are great. Safefire even allows rifles (up to and including 30.06) and you can collect your casings (so long as they are behind the firing line). No membership required. Only downside is the distance is only 25 yards.

Only ammo restrictions are: Steel Core/Jacket, Tracer, Armor Piercing, or Bi-metal

Outdoors->Tri-County; Indoors->SafeFire

Both are great. Safefire even allows rifles (up to and including 30.06) and you can collect your casings (so long as they are behind the firing line). No membership required. Only downside is the distance is only 25 yards.

Only ammo restrictions are: Steel Core/Jacket, Tracer, Armor Piercing, or Bi-metal
You can collect your casings in front of the firing line if you ask the Range Officer to pull them back for you to collect.

If you tell the Range Officer beforehand you want to.keep your brass, you usually end up with more than your own.

They also have a sight-in target calibrated for the 25-yd range that can be used to sight in your rifle to get on paper at 50, 100, and 300 yards. I use that a lot when I attach a new scope.

You can collect your casings in front of the firing line if you ask the Range Officer to pull them back for you to collect.

If you tell the Range Officer beforehand you want to.keep your brass, you usually end up with more than your own.

They also have a sight-in target calibrated for the 25-yd range that can be used to sight in your rifle to get on paper at 50, 100, and 300 yards. I use that a lot when I attach a new scope.

... I'm not CHL, don't want to get in hot water during a traffic stop or something. ...
I've been a CHL holder and firearms instructor for several years and I'm not aware of this being an issue. I'm not trying to be argumentative, just want to help. I used to interact with LE regularly in some of my volunteer work, still do occasionally, and most officers I speak with see a CHL as a positive or just more data.

I've been a CHL holder and firearms instructor for several years and I'm not aware of this being an issue. I'm not trying to be argumentative, just want to help. I used to interact with LE regularly in some of my volunteer work, still do occasionally, and most officers I speak with see a CHL as a positive or just more data.
He's referring to getting caught breaking a local ordinance by having a loaded magazine or clip.

Does anyone know of an indoor range within an hour or so of Portland that lets you bring loaded magazines?

I understand they want to check ammo but I don't want to spend my time there loading mags, like to bring 15-20 loaded ones and blast away. Would even be willing to become a member somewhere if it allows me to do so, I realize non members probably don't get the leeway that members get most places. The Place to Shoot, Threat Dynamics, and Beavercreek all seem to not allow loaded mags. Unless I'm wrong and there's exceptions for members?

Hoping one of you fine folks know where steer me! (aside from wolf creek / salmonberry, I want to take advantage of a motorized target hanging system and A/C haha)
I was searching for the same thing you are, its not fun having to unload magazines. I recently stumbled on a small indoor range in Salem called Tritac Shooting Range. Its been a nice experience so far. They have the motorized targets your looking for, but I don't think they have A/C. Ammo has just been a bit too expensive for me to go as often as I would like. Good luck to ya!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top