JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I did a whole year of 6 days a week 2 jobs , 5 days of midnight to 7pm an sat was 8-6...after taxes I basically made less than one job as a single no dependent white male. 40-60 hours a week is plenty for me now between work an farm. It's not worth it.. enjoy life an F the tax man. Minimalist living is better anyway.

You may want to hit the reset button and relax or else you may wind up like sleepy joe with an aneurysm and a melon that has been out in the sun too long. Look for a new gig that has nuthin to do with firearms. Have a snickers and be thankful that you realized all this gun stuff is going down the way of the democratic party. Get out now. Enjoy the weather. Get a bicycle. Good times!
One job will be enough for me. No more 2nd gigs for me after this one ends.

I've always lived within my means and never let work own me. I saw what burning both ends of the candle did to my dad, whom I rarely saw growing up. I work to live, not live to work.

Seems like you finally learned the hard way that taking a second job to support a spending habit that did nothing for your overall happiness and health. Congratulations.

Now get out and enjoy some of that stuff!

I have been poor while growing up and as I aged, I have provided a comfortable middle-class life for my family by working longer hours and many weekends...
I will take the cons that go along with working lots of hours compared to the cons that go with not having enough money.

I did a whole year of 6 days a week 2 jobs , 5 days of midnight to 7pm an sat was 8-6...after taxes I basically made less than one job as a single no dependent white male. 40-60 hours a week is plenty for me now between work an farm. It's not worth it.. enjoy life an F the tax man. Minimalist living is better anyway.
Taxes suck. I have my expenses pared down pretty low. It's the auxiliary spending I will have to significantly reign in. I have to concentrate on enjoying what I have and avoid the new additions.

Ask yourself,
Do I want to be operating this way in ten years?
Is it even possible?

Modify your behavior accordingly.
Small changes consecutively can really add up to meaningful results.

Decision will be made after discussion with wife, this coming Sunday, on whether I'm going to hang up my LGS/Pawn apron or not.

My wife asked me what I will do with all the extra free time. My mouth said not sure. My mind said time for Franken-builds and experimental reloads. :)

Job stress is a doozy. Did you make your decision? I hope to see the results of your projects soon, even though I joke a lot that you'll blow yourself up.

My work stress has officially gotten the better of me. I've started making mistakes and overreacting to small problems. And butting my head against the wall, making no progress to projects. I can't focus. Laundry isn't getting done at home, bed doesn't even have sheets on it. Just a mattress and a blanket. I'm not eating much. That means at least there aren't dishes to do. Lord knows they wouldn't get done.... A 40 hour, 5 day work week sounds like bliss

Job stress is a doozy. Did you make your decision? I hope to see the results of your projects soon, even though I joke a lot that you'll blow yourself up.

My work stress has officially gotten the better of me. I've started making mistakes and overreacting to small problems. And butting my head against the wall, making no progress to projects. I can't focus. Laundry isn't getting done at home, bed doesn't even have sheets on it. Just a mattress and a blanket. I'm not eating much. That means at least there aren't dishes to do. Lord knows they wouldn't get done.... A 40 hour, 5 day work week sounds like bliss
I told the boss today that June 8th will be my last scheduled work day. I offered to stay on the roster as an emergency back up but not more than a couple of days per month. He seemed receptive to that.

I am voluntarily going to ask that my discount transfer fee perk be taken away. Between that and not being there for work it should cut back penchant to buy firearms.

The few times I don't eat are when I am at the gym and when I am sleeping. I will be able to do more of those activities so maybe I will slim down a bit as well.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews