JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The wife and I had it between Thanksgiving and Christmas last year. She felt run down and had a lingering cough. Her treatment was rest, tylenol, and cough suppressant. I had the worst of the two of us; real run down, temp, and pneumonia. Besides rest and tylenol they treated the pneumonia with antibiotics, an inhaler, and one of those little suck machines to exercise my lungs. No hospitalization but we did isolate ourselves from everyone for over three weeks.

Hope that is the type of information you wanted.

1631245462623.png

I was too sick to make it into my docs, my wife said she couldn't wake me up and figured it was better to let me sleep through my appointment...

I basically slept a full week, never ate anything but drank and used the bathroom when I woke up. Took another 3 weeks for me to feel halfway decent.

I can barely smoke these days, 2 or 3 cigs a day before I feel short of breathe.

This covid stuff isnt a joke, its been a year and I'm still not 100%. You better believe I went and got my shots!

I was too sick to make it into my docs, my wife said she couldn't wake me up and figured it was better to let me sleep through my appointment...

I basically slept a full week, never ate anything but drank and used the bathroom when I woke up. Took another 3 weeks for me to feel halfway decent.

I can barely smoke these days, 2 or 3 cigs a day before I feel short of breathe.

This covid stuff isnt a joke, its been a year and I'm still not 100%. You better believe I went and got my shots!
After doing more research I don't think most doctors are going to offer much in the way of at home treatment, which is very disappointing. It seems like unless you can't breath you are on your own. No wonder hospital beds are filling up. They need to start offering at home treatments to help people avoid getting to the point where the have to be hospitalized. Very sad, hope you fully recover one day.

Look up "Proning cv19 patients," essenially there are more "air sacks" in the back of you lungs, so if you lay on your back you are more likely to getting infections/pneumonua (think liquid/mucus build up), and having trouble breathing. An easy fix is to lay on your stomach instead. Hospitals have shown this helps limit severity or respritory issues. Possibly good for other scenarios as well.

Last Edited:
My wife and I are recovering from COVID right now. I became symptomatic and tested positive on the 28th, the day after my 40th birthday (happy belated birthday, F me!) - my wife became symptomatic and tested positive a day later. Worth noting - a week earlier, one of our good friend's 7 year old daughter tested positive for Rona, everyone in our circle got tested, we all tested negative. The little girl was over that crap in 4 days, and had a negative PCR test 4 days after her initial positive test. We all figured maybe her positive was a false positive since no one else in their household got sick (3 kids at home, stay at home mom, and dad) - and no one in our circle got sick, that is, until I fell ill followed by my wife. Our 10 year old son never tested positive, nor did he get sick.

I wanted to get a telemedicine appointment with America's Frontline Doctors - they have their own pharmacy and will prescribe you hydroxy or ivermectin - seems they'd been subject to hacking and the third party provider they work with to actually schedule calls was also hacked - we could NOT make an appointment with them.

The state of Texas did an end-run around Bo Jiden's curtailing of monoclonal antibodies - Governor Abbott went directly to the manufacturer and secured treatments. The antibody treatment is free to all who have COVID, so my wife and I went last Saturday and got that infusion.

Other than the antibody treatment, we just had a twice-daily regimen of vitamins we took - a B-complex vitamin, vitamin C, calcium, D3, potassium, zinc, licorice root extract (a natural antiviral and antimicrobial), olive leaf extract (another natural antiviral / antimicrobial), and we recently added vitamin B5 - which isn't found in the B-complex we are taking. We also added general multivitamin for the other nutrients.

Hydration was key - staying hydrated and eating normally was hugely helpful.

For fever / headache we used tylenol. I had the Rona back in January 2020 as well, and made some mistakes the first go round - not eating enough, not staying hydrated enough, and using ibuprofen to treat headache / fever. I avoided the ibu this time.

Our cases were mild. I was already on the mend by Saturday when we got the infusion. Oddly though - I developed chest congestion and a cough *after* getting better otherwise. We both also lost our sense of taste - mine is roughly 60-70% loss, my wife's more like 90% loss of taste right now. We both have most of our sense of smell in tact.

For me - the worst and primary symptoms were excruciating muscle and joint pain. "Super arthritis" is the only way I can describe it. Toes to nose - EVERYTHING hurt. It hurt to move. It hurt to not move. Everything just hurt. Otherwise I had mild sinus congestion for a couple days, which turned into a post nasal drip with associated cough. I had one morning where I had a 100 degree temp. My wife had a few days where she bumped up to 101, she had some nausea, I didn't.

Started taking Mucinex to expel the phlegm, and had to increase fluid intake with that.

We both tested negative on the home tests yesterday. Wife is taking a PCR test tomorrow so she can get back to work. She took a second home-test today because her initial lab test was screwy, second home-test also shows negative.

Just getting over this. Wife started symptoms Feb 1st. I took her and myself for the PCR test. She was positive I was negative. Next day I started having symptoms. Took another PCR test and got ahold of my doctor as I felt it going into my lungs quick I was coughing up yellow with blood streaks. I have asthma and am on immune suppressing drugs for Crohn's. We are both vaccinated and I had gotten the Pfizer booster in November. (J&J back in May 2021). Doctor sent me in for Sotrovimab Monoclonal antibody infusion since I was high risk and my symptoms hit fast into my lungs within 24hrs. Had the infusion Saturday and within another 24 hours I was breathing normally. Everything loosened up quick and the other symptoms dissipated fast as well. Today only a few minor coughs and feel fine. Probably was the Omicron variant but she and I as well as our adult son who was here (and also tested positive) are all doing about the same now at day 10.

Last Edited:
Seriously, what's the point of even getting a test!? :s0092:
For us, my wife is in outpatient rehab from a stroke this summer. I couldn't chance her having COVID and exposing her to other patients in that facility. If it wasn't for her running a fever when I checked her I wouldn't of thought to have her tested.

For me, since I was taking her to get tested I took one because of my asthma and immune suppression. Although negative at that time, it wasn't even 12hrs later I started to have symptoms. My doctor had me retest as it was required to have a positive test to get that infusion approval because that medication is in short supply. My doctor and I felt positive due to the rapid symptoms I now had COVID and my lungs were not doing well very quickly.

While waiting for that second PCR test my doctor had me go to our pharmacy drive through and pick up a at home antigen test .. it showed positive. And with that she was able to refer me to OHSU hospital. When they called my PCR test had come back positive so they got me in the next day.

Just remember every time someone gets tested at a doctor or hospital they get paid, every time someone tests "positive" for Covid they get paid more, every time someone gets admitted to the hospital with Covid they get paid even more still, every time someone gets put on a ventilator they get paid...you guessed it, even more money! It's the same reason they lied about that "With Covid & From Covid" BUBBLEGUM. The "Cares ACT" pays them 20% on top of what they already claim from Medicaid. Cha-Ching.

Just remember every time someone gets tested at a doctor or hospital they get paid, every time someone tests "positive" for Covid they get paid more, every time someone gets admitted to the hospital with Covid they get paid even more still, every time someone gets put on a ventilator they get paid...you guessed it, even more money! It's the same reason they lied about that "With Covid & From Covid" BUBBLEGUM. The "Cares ACT" pays them 20% on top of what they already claim from Medicaid. Cha-Ching.
The DRG system of hospital payments was this way before covid. Some of it makes sense. If the patient was admitted on the regular floor and only needed IVs and oxygen the hospital should not be paid the same as if they were in the ICU using huge amounts of resources.

The physician payments are separately from hospital payments and since physicians are mostly employed now their pay does not vary by what they do or what equipment is used. If anything, pay is determined by metrics of "quality" and satisfaction scores that have no basis in actual science. They are methods to reduce payments to physicians under the guise that if the doctors have "satisfied patients" they should get paid more.

So when a physician refuses to prescribe something like ivermectin for covid, there is a good chance they will be paid less in the end by getting less of a "satisfaction" score bonus. if the patient was unhappy that they did not get ivermectin and said so in the satisfaction survey, the doctor gets less of a bonus..

I was a medical director for health information management for a decade and I was under pay for satisfaction and quality methods at my old hospital. My pay had steadily decreased in the last 10 years and I was so sick of corporate medicine like this I left for a rural underserved clinic and took an additional $70K a year pay cut to do so. So I am currently earning the least in my 22 year career.

Feel free to ask questions about the payment systems.

On a side note, If anyone wants to know how much pharma or medical equipment manufacturers are paying their doc look them up here: https://openpaymentsdata.cms.gov/ This includes everything like free lunches and gifts pharma uses to try and bribe us.

The DRG system of hospital payments was this way before covid. Some of it makes sense. If the patient was admitted on the regular floor and only needed IVs and oxygen the hospital should not be paid the same as if they were in the ICU using huge amounts of resources.

The physician payments are separately from hospital payments and since physicians are mostly employed now their pay does not vary by what they do or what equipment is used. If anything, pay is determined by metrics of "quality" and satisfaction scores that have no basis in actual science. They are methods to reduce payments to physicians under the guise that if the doctors have "satisfied patients" they should get paid more.

So when a physician refuses to prescribe something like ivermectin for covid, there is a good chance they will be paid less in the end by getting less of a "satisfaction" score bonus. if the patient was unhappy that they did not get ivermectin and said so in the satisfaction survey, the doctor gets less of a bonus..

I was a medical director for health information management for a decade and I was under pay for satisfaction and quality methods at my old hospital. My pay had steadily decreased in the last 10 years and I was so sick of corporate medicine like this I left for a rural underserved clinic and took an additional $70K a year pay cut to do so. So I am currently earning the least in my 22 year career.

Feel free to ask questions about the payment systems.

On a side note, If anyone wants to know how much pharma or medical equipment manufacturers are paying their doc look them up here: https://openpaymentsdata.cms.gov/ This includes everything like free lunches and gifts pharma uses to try and bribe us.
I don't know what DRG means but it wasn't the same before Covid. How can you pay for something that didn't exist yet?! All the payments increased under the CARE ACT for a Public Health Emergency by 20% specifically for Covid. They incentivized being sick from Covid ON TOP of normal payments through Medicaid.

"It is true, however, that the government will pay more to hospitals for COVID-19 cases in two senses: By paying an additional 20% on top of traditional Medicare rates for COVID-19 patients during the public health emergency, and by reimbursing hospitals for treating the uninsured patients with the disease (at that enhanced Medicare rate)."

I don't know what DRG means but it wasn't the same before Covid. How can you pay for something that didn't exist yet?! All the payments increased under the CARE ACT for a Public Health Emergency by 20% specifically for Covid. They incentivized being sick from Covid ON TOP of normal payments through Medicaid.

"It is true, however, that the government will pay more to hospitals for COVID-19 cases in two senses: By paying an additional 20% on top of traditional Medicare rates for COVID-19 patients during the public health emergency, and by reimbursing hospitals for treating the uninsured patients with the disease (at that enhanced Medicare rate)."
DRG's are the way medicare pays hospitals. Medicare decides what they average cost of a hospitalization is for lets say a pneumonia and then pays the hospital a set fee when they get a bill for the hospital. This is called a DRG or diagnosis related group. Just like we added a whole bunch of ICD-10 codes for covid diagnoses, they can add DRG's on the fly, they are not set in stone.

Now DRG's can have complications that increase the re-imbursement that medicare pays the hospital. For example, if someone was admitted with pneumonia but also had poorly controlled diabetes, then the hospital gets paid more than someone without diabetes. These comorbidities and complications always make the reimbursement more. So if the patient had pneumonia with respiratory failure that's a "CC" and the hospital gets paid more if it is coded in the bill.

So an admission for covid is going to get paid less than an admission for covid with respiratory failure. Now I've not done hospital billing work in a while so I dont know all the hospital covid MS-DRG's but by looking at the grouper documentation it follows the same system as before.

Now I understand adding funds for patients without insurance. Because the hospitals normally cover the costs of patients with no insurance since it is illegal to turn them away if they have no insurance. The reason a simple surgery like an appendectomy costs $80,000 is the hospital is greedy for one but also makes every else with insurance cover the costs of patients with no insurance.

In a pandemic with hospitals overwhelmed and not able to do their money making procedures like elective surgeries, the would all go out of business if someone did not pay for all the covid admissions. Now part of me would not mind if for profit hospital systems went bankrupt but then that means no hospitals for anyone.

I reviewed 10's of thouasands of charts as an HIM director. Hospital administrators absolutely want doctors to up-code their charts to make more money but since it is illegal and doctors risk with DOJ destroying their lives by causing medicare fraud they would always resist changing codes in their charts. There is no conspiracy of doctors upcoding charts to make more money and fake the covid numbers because one thing for sure is the DOJ loves detecting medicare fraud and loves making examples out of physicians. Like I said before, most doctors are salaried and would not get paid more for faking diagnoses. Actually many are getting paid less and one of the reason they are quiting like crazy right now.

One a side note, medicare is only paying our office 40% of the normal rate for telemedicine visits we have been doing to keep people home and out of the office. The local blue cross is paying ZERO of those bills and to keep patients safe we are doing them for free. So our clinic has lost a ton of money because we are doing 40% telemed visits now. If the government wanted us to fake anything about covid, they are certainly not giving us any cash to lie about it. Most of the health centers in my area have had to fire workers because of lost money from medicare and insurances. (the blue cross did make record profits though)

I believe I just had Omicold a couple weeks ago. Pretty minor for me. I started feeling sinus pressure on a Tue afternoon. Woke up Wed with body aches and worse sinus pressure and headache. I didn't check but felt like I maybe had a low grade fever as well. Didn't go to work. Next morn felt much better and was about 75% of normal but stayed home. Woke up Fri feeling good (95% normal), was going to go to work but took home covid test and showed positive. Stayed home and called around until late morning looking for pcr test with no luck. Decided frigg it as cdc said I can go back to work Mon regardless. Wife never got it but I suspect she had it in the fall while I was off hunting and had gained natural immunity. She just thought she had a bad cold at the time. Btw @Ura-Ki, I was off my Bulleit Rye feed bag during my covid battle except for the medicinal doses mixed with the lemon airborne every evening. :D

The wife and I had COVID in mid January. She works in a restaurant in downtown Portland, and I work in a large engineering/manufacturing environment north of the river where only the non-vaccinated are "required" to wear masks, but no one really enforces that or cares about it.

We got lucky to have made it this long. Her case was more mild, and she actually tested negative on both at-home and PCR tests, as did several friends and coworkers of both of ours. The tests are not reliable.

I was hit a bit harder, with a few days of fevered uselessness, and a bad sore throat for nearly a week after that. Thankfully, neither of us developed any lower respiratory distress; the cough was limited to clearing drainage from our upper respiratory.

I did go get tested in a lab and confirmed that it had been COVID, but we already knew by then. With no respiratory distress, the doctor recommended several over the counter remedies which I was already pumping... Mucinex, Tylenol, Vitamin everything, saline nasal spray, etc. But no additionally treatments were suggested or necessary.

I did not ask about ivermectin or monoclonal antibodies.

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top