JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I still like the Hagglund type amphibs articulated tracked vehicles. There are now a number of different manufacturers that have been improving on the idea and some of them are armored (I assume lightly armored - as long as they can stop an infantry rifle round, then that is fine - if SHTF I don't want to be involved in engagements with somebody who has weapons that is meant for an APC).

I still like the Hagglund type amphibs articulated tracked vehicles. There are now a number of different manufacturers that have been improving on the idea and some of them are armored (I assume lightly armored - as long as they can stop an infantry rifle round, then that is fine - if SHTF I don't want to be involved in engagements with somebody who has weapons that is meant for an APC).
Well technically, the M113 without applique armor can be penetrated by .50BMG ball rounds. Edit, just saying that there's "small arms armor" and then there's "small arms armor" ;) :p

Edit 2. Those Cash-In-Transit trucks? The kind used by Brinks and similar banking industry companies? The vast majority of them, at least according to publicly available information that I could find.. are only armored up to NIJ Level 3A (.44mag/high velocity 9mm), and not at all armored against 7.62x39, 5.56, 5.45, 7.62x51 FMJ ammo. But thats the majority. Certainly there are kits to uparmor them,.particularly the crew cab...

So bear in mind that it depends on what the companies choose to kit out on their armored trucks/cars for security reasons.

Last Edited:
Well technically, the M113 without applique armor can be penetrated by .50BMG ball rounds. Edit, just saying that there's "small arms armor" and then there's "small arms armor" ;) :p

Edit 2. Those Cash-In-Transit trucks? The kind used by Brinks and similar banking industry companies? The vast majority of them, at least according to publicly available information that I could find.. are only armored up to NIJ Level 3A (.44mag/high velocity 9mm), and not at all armored against 7.62x39, 5.56, 5.45, 7.62x51 FMJ ammo. But thats the majority. Certainly there are kits to uparmor them,.particularly the crew cab...

So bear in mind that it depends on what the companies choose to kit out on their armored trucks/cars for security reasons.
Most armored cars are only rated to pistol or shotgun levels, very few will take a full power rifle round, they might deflect or bounce one, but a perfect angle shot from 7.62X51 M-80 absolutely WILL penetrate!

I was told by one of the guys who builds the Brinks armored cars that ONLY the Vegas Armored trucks are truly proof against high powered rifle, and even then, only up to about .338 LM, but NOT .50 BMG!

"Heard from a Friend" the "Gun Ports" on the armored cars are NOT proof against anything but a pistol round, and that a 5.56 M-855 absolutely WILL penetrate, and worse, they tend to bounce around the insides pretty good! FYI!

Yeah the Mk211 (Raufoss) API ammo was supposed to be almost the equivalent of 20mm with regards to some earlier APCs.

I would not worry too much about such ammo or guns - if SHTF did not involve military forces, then 99% of civilians would not be in possession of a .50 BMG, much less carrying it around looking for something to use it on.

Was reminded of the Ford Centurions 02e9a668993f5aab1fa5a34d0b544f9f.jpg ef87b8849eec5f929158bd50c1df57f9.jpg

And thought.. why isn't there a more modern version...

Turns out a company did something sinilar for a SEMA show, on a 4x4... but its not quite the same.. ex-sema-2003-ford-e-350-custom-4x4-pickup.jpg

My thoughts... these Roadmaster custom sleeper/berth pods 63fda20ad1236dbe74dc306ad9f0a810.jpg unnamed (1).jpg unnamed.jpg

Stuck to the back of this type if cutaway Transit or Promasters; 1-34.jpg

assetChoosePathLeft.png

Then depending on chassis length, drop an utility tool box bed, or flat bed with tool box, or even a pickup bed, or a short toy hauler ramp bed for like UTVs/ATVs/dirt bikes?

The Ford Transit cutaway chassis/cab seem to be available for sticking 16ft boxes on... so in theory, a 4ft sleeper pod with entrance tp the cab, and a 12ft cargo/moving box on the back, on the dually chassis usually meant for 16ft boxes may do for a personal/private over-the-road small hauler, without doing much converting of the box?

Apparently these handcarts are electric motorized, sort of like the assisted powerrd push lawnmowers

STEED+solider+load+transfer.jpg

Dune tour vehicles View attachment 1814991View attachment 1814992

Interesting concept. Could add roll frame and mount load carrier deck up top for gear n weapons. Door gunner mounts at 4 corners..

View attachment 1814989 View attachment 1814990
Nothing really new here, been building "Beach Buggies" since before WW-II. Lots of options for various platforms, and personally, I always liked the Willys Jeepster conversions the best, small, nimble, and cool looking. You visit the Philippines and the taxies are a version of these "Beach Buggies!" You see them elsewhere as well, south America mainly, but not as cool as the Pacific Islands! With the commercial availability of 4X4, this has I only gotten bigger and more popular, see the Desert Southwest, from Arizona all the way across into West Texas, and then there the Sand Dunes areas, lots of custom one off high clearance "Buggies" running big old WW-II and later Bomber Tires!

Apparently these handcarts are electric motorized, sort of like the assisted powerrd push lawnmowers

View attachment 1814952
I would think a person could build something like this.

I will say however, maneuvering something like this over rough ground is not easy. I have a two wheel "tractor" that has a PTO that drives various implements (mostly a flail mower), and it is a beast to wrangle. I am constantly using the brakes to turn it and it isn't easy. It does suffer from ground clearance and balance problems due to the implements - the flail mower is of course just a few inches off the ground.

tourists-in-a-quadricycle-on-the-broadwalk-in-hollywood-near-fort-D01390.jpg fc.jpg

These things are stupidly popular on Oregon coast; but I think a version with just a front row seat and cargo/gun deck in camo/terrain matching colors with solid airless tires could be of use in certain places like the SW/Nevada deserts and Texas area.. flatland with easy terrain versus muddy clay and hills

4Forest Mountain cargo quadricycle from Europe. Seems to have become vaporware/prototypes with no production unfortunately.

Looks suitable for those 40- 48" wide trails, but question of rideability and actual utility remains?

That does not look suitable for off road/forest trails lol

I don't really see places for gear bags? Could put ruck on back of seat but thats no different from recumbents?

Electric but... almost like a M274 Mechanical Mule without a drivers seat!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA

New Classified Ads

Back Top