JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Who's planning on getting the 42?

Rumor is that it will be a single stack 9mm.

glock 42.jpg

I for one cannot wait for it :)

glock 42.jpg

If it's a single stack - I hope it's a real single stack and not the semi staggered stack BS like the G36 or Shield guns are. A real single stack 9mm can be incredibly thin - as Beretta and Kahr have proven.

Seems to me though, Glock should've released a couple pistols before 42 - and to make it easy, they could've been .40 calibers (or at least the Glock 40 should've been a .40) - crap, Gaston could've come up with a new family of pistols for another new round and really go crazy.

I once wanted to see a single stack 3.5 inch barrel 9mm Glock. But that'd be pretty damn pointless because the G19 fits way more comfortably than any single stack compact or subcompact gun I've ever shot, and holds double what a single stack would.

I have much higher hopes that Smith & Wesson will be releasing an M&P 9mm to fill the mid-size gap in their family. Something G19 size. 3.8-4" barrel length, 15+1 capacity.

Just did some more digging - and found out that wholesalers are already adding new GLock models to their list - looks like the Glock 41 is going to be their long slide .45ACP

<broken link removed>

Still only conjecture though, on the Glock 42 but it looks like a single stack .380 a little taller than the G26 :( Cuz the gun market doesn't have enough .380 pistols to choose from.

Rumors abound about what the new models are.....Glock really should get with the program and start offering single stack models. I suppose they will wait until the SHOT show until they officially unveil exactly what the G41/42 are.

Unless you are going to pocket carry, a double stack can do all a single can and more. A g26, xdm compact or other sup compact double stack is not much thicker than say a shield, nano, or kahr, and the difference in feel once they are on your hip is marginal at best.. I have no need for a single stack glock, YMMV.

Unless you are going to pocket carry, a double stack can do all a single can and more. A g26, xdm compact or other sup compact double stack is not much thicker than say a shield, nano, or kahr, and the difference in feel once they are on your hip is marginal at best.. I have no need for a single stack glock, YMMV.

From what I have seen, there is a high demand for a single stack Glock. I think they are missing out on a portion of the firearms market by not offering one.
Also, I own both the Shield 9mm and the Glock 26. There is a significant difference in how they feel. The Shield is much more comfortable because of the thinness
of the grip....at least to me, anyway.

Rumors abound about what the new models are.....Glock really should get with the program and start offering single stack models. I suppose they will wait until the SHOT show until they officially unveil exactly what the G41/42 are.

Considering dealers have already started putting the Model 41 on their website (as I linked to in my earlier posting) and it IS described as a 5.3" barreled .45ACP double stack - it's pretty certain that the 41 is going to be as described, the tactical practical (G34/35 type idea) .45. I would look for a 10mm to follow suit eventually. The only thing still up for conjecture, is the rumor that the 41 will come standard with a slide cut for an RMR type sight.