JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
BTW, I tried the Cafe Bustelo instant coffee - not bad, but I didn't think it was any better than others I've tried before. Starbucks still makes a decent instant in my book, but it's spendy, so I don't mess with it.

Now, the best 3 coffees I've ever had:

* Blue Mountain Coffee in Jamaica - best coffee I've tasted. At $50+ per pound in the states, I won't be buying it
* Nameless coffee on 2 different Celebrity Cruises - amazing coffee, looked forward to it every morning
* Boyd's custom roast for NW area McDonald's circa 1985-1990. Amazing coffee that beat everyone else in flavor. Unfortunately they stopped using Boyd's a long time ago. When I contacted Boyd's about producing coffee for McDonald's, they told me they absolutely never did that. I pressed the matter because I worked at McDonald's back then and made the coffee, and saw the Boyd's packages. They did some digging and found out they were wrong and I was right. They said they still carried that blend, so I tried it, but it wasn't the same :(

I am still looking for the best coffee for a decent price that I can brew consistently. I have at least 8 different ways to brew coffee at home and I still can't make a decent cup at home :s0054: For my money though, french press does the best job, followed by percolator and if I'm feeling like taking extra time, my Bialetti stove-top espresso maker.

One more - my sister's boyfriend is half-Vietnamese - he brews the most amazing Vietnamese iced coffee I've ever had - wicked sweet, but damn, it's like drinking candy. Definitely a rare treat.

Hey etrain16, and any one else, there is a big Vietnamese store over in PDX that sells that Iced coffee your talking about, seriously good stuff! Fubonn over on 82'nd ave. Just a heads up, if you get that stuff, you want to water it down 50/50! I didn't know that at the time, and I got a serious buzz for a full day! That's called Get-Er-Done in a bottle! LOL

Father used to set up the percolator the night before. Dad said that "letting the chlorine evaporate from the water overnight makes the coffee taste better". I still let the water sit overnight before heating it for Instant Folgers Coffee Crystals in the morning.

Some habits die hard.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads