JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Had it for awhile, but hadn't had a chance to shoot it til yesterday. On the advice of some reviewers, and some esteemed NWFA members, I disassembled and cleaned all the mags first thing. Only had time to put a couple hundred rounds of Winchester Wildcat through it and it ran without a hiccup. The only problem was getting it back from my Wife. She kept asking if I wanted to shoot it some more, but as I was loading the mags and putting them on the bench, she would slap them home and empty them!
It was kinda fun to watch, but I'm not at all certain that it's my pistol any longer. :(

Now you need to buy the new one they JUST released yesterday for yourself! I have the optics ready compact, and it is awesome. Didnt like the full size 'competition' model they have, where the optic mount is set in the middle of the slide. So had been waiting- well they just released an updated full side model yesterday- optic ready with a true threaded barrel, and new updated 22 round mags. i just ordered one this morning from Adaptive Firing Solutions in Oregon City!! Give Steve a call he can order you one!! Mine should be here mid week. TFV TV on youtube just dropped a video about the updated model, and the Taurus rep said they would be moving all of their full size TX22s to this version. Taurus gets some bad rep, but NOT with the TX22- it is awesome. This updated model is perfect in my opinion, and will be a perfect suppressor host for my 22LR cans!
https://www.taurususa.com/pistols/taurustx-22/taurustx-22-22lr-black-22rds-toro

Now you need to buy the new one they JUST released yesterday for yourself! I have the optics ready compact, and it is awesome. Didnt like the full size 'competition' model they have, where the optic mount is set in the middle of the slide. So had been waiting- well they just released an updated full side model yesterday- optic ready with a true threaded barrel, and new updated 22 round mags. i just ordered one this morning from Adaptive Firing Solutions in Oregon City!! Give Steve a call he can order you one!! Mine should be here mid week. TFV TV on youtube just dropped a video about the updated model, and the Taurus rep said they would be moving all of their full size TX22s to this version. Taurus gets some bad rep, but NOT with the TX22- it is awesome. This updated model is perfect in my opinion, and will be a perfect suppressor host for my 22LR cans!
https://www.taurususa.com/pistols/taurustx-22/taurustx-22-22lr-black-22rds-toro
Oh, to live in a free state!

I thought about that. Problem is, I'd be restricted, by gubner dimslee, to 10 rd mags and not sure I could get the threaded barrel. I got my wife's pistol before those unconstitutional edicts.
Oh crap- shoot sorry i didnt see you were in Washington! My condolences! Im not sure if i could throw one of the new 22 round mags all the way across the river, but I could give it a go . . . ;-).

I thought about that. Problem is, I'd be restricted, by gubner dimslee, to 10 rd mags and not sure I could get the threaded barrel. I got my wife's pistol before those unconstitutional edicts.
It won't be available in WA-WA state due to the EVIL threaded barrel, even with a 10-round mag. I bought my TX22 Competition SCR before the door closed.

For anyone looking for a TX-22, there's a used one at Gun Pro Shooting Supplies in Springfield, Oregon for $150. 2 mags and the accessories it came with from the factory. Closed for the weekend but they open back up Tuesday

I appreciate the report, I've been looking at getting this gun even though I talk a lot of smack about Taurus in general. I'm all in on Glocks and was going to get a G44, but I hate the fact I would have to spend almost as much as the gun on an aftermarket slide to run an optic. I'm also all in on pistol red dots so I'd like to have that on a .22 as well.

I've had several in different models. All flawless. Thousands of rounds fired in each.

I'm a glock guy, but the glock .22 is a disappointment t with low capacity rou ds

Had it for awhile, but hadn't had a chance to shoot it til yesterday. On the advice of some reviewers, and some esteemed NWFA members, I disassembled and cleaned all the mags first thing. Only had time to put a couple hundred rounds of Winchester Wildcat through it and it ran without a hiccup. The only problem was getting it back from my Wife. She kept asking if I wanted to shoot it some more, but as I was loading the mags and putting them on the bench, she would slap them home and empty them!
It was kinda fun to watch, but I'm not at all certain that it's my pistol any longer. :(
Well now her shoe collection is fair game! Let us know which one's you wearing the best. :p:D

Last Edited:
I own 2 - TX22's for that very reason both have the threaded barrel

And friends don't let Friends buy Taurus

But this Taurus is the exception to that rule

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show