JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had a FFL in the past when I lived in Alaska but when I moved down to oregon I could not renew my license because I did not have a residence at which I could conduct bussiness. Since I did not renew my license will it be harder now to get an Oregon FFL.

Oregon FFL????
Are you kidding me?
Federal FireArms License; Key word is FEDERAL this means it has nothing to do with the state of Oregon. If you can get a business license for the Business the fed will allow you to get your license back, assuming you complied with the laws when your last one expired.
Kc

Oregon FFL????
Are you kidding me?
Federal FireArms License; Key word is FEDERAL this means it has nothing to do with the state of Oregon. If you can get a business license for the Business the fed will allow you to get your license back, assuming you complied with the laws when your last one expired.
Kc
Sadly, even though it is called a "Federal" Firearms License, it is up to state zoning and laws.

Also, and ironically, the FFL (FEDERAL Firearms License) is only good for dealing in firearms within the state that you reside.

Should be called a SFL (State Firearms License)

This is why I have 2 FFLs. One for Oregon and one for Washington.

I have to have 2 acceptable locations (by both state's requirements) to do this.
Federally, they don't care. The state must be OK with it though for me to do business though.
Hoops..................lots of hoops.................

I have a class 7 license that was why I pointed out the business license bit. Plus Other Weapons occupational tax. The state really has no say, (Caveat unless you live in California. Where guns are fairly close to Illegal) more like the local zoning/planning commission.

I have a class 7 license that was why I pointed out the business license bit. Plus Other Weapons occupational tax. The state really has no say, (Caveat unless you live in California. Where guns are fairly close to Illegal) more like the local zoning/planning commission.

Do you mean you have a Type 7 Manufacturer's license and Class II SOT?

The state has a really BIG say on that...........

Yes, but the nice agent here the other week said class 7. :)
Yes type 7 with that lovely occupational tax (Which when it gets here will I believe be a class II) for making short barreled weapons.
I often wonder why I have to pay tax on money I haven't made yet. ???

Yes, but the nice agent here the other week said class 7. :)
Yes type 7 with that lovely occupational tax (Which when it gets here will I believe be a class II) for making short barreled weapons.
I often wonder why I have to pay tax on money I haven't made yet. ???

Read the book Unintended Consequences by John Ross, and that will clear up some of the "Why do they do that?" type stuff.:(

The SOT is valid as soon as you drop it in the mailbox. You can build machine-guns, SBRs, silencers, right away.

While I am thinking about it, to the Original Poster.
When the nice agent says to look up NICS to set up your account to do background checks. Look up FICS, in Oregon they named it FICS, for Firearms Instant Criminal Check system. You may have a longer or even a real short wait on Background check since you had a license before.

As far as the state goes I have not heard boo from them in the whole process. So local zoning board is the real big one, or was at least for me. Local Ordinance/Zoning enforcement officer came by to check out waste disposal, safety compliance with fire waste disposal and recycling laws etc. The state just gave me an account for FICS and off we go, no visit or call from a state employee. Not sure how it went for you or anyone else but my only real hurdles were Local zoning and the wait for them to get my background check back.

Thanks for all the replys that I have received from you guys. There is some really good info that you guys have passed on to me. I have recently received a reply from the Lincoln County zoning board in regards to my requests for zoning laws in my rural area. They said that they see no problems with me having a gun dealers business in my current location. They also said that my business can not take up any more then 600 sf. of my residents, no more then 5 customers each day and any business sign has to be 2x2 or less. The two most important things to The zoning commission were that I not create traffic congestion in my area and try to do most of my business online so as to not create problems with my neighbors. Thanks again for all the input from you guys.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top