JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well I was wondering when the panic gun buying would start this year.

Gotta love people prepping by adding a 7th gun to the stable because they are scared, rather than buying food or water. Can't eat .22lr.

Beans and bullets boys,

Not

Beans or bullets

:s0140:

Was hoping I had a few more months to stock up on 5.56 :(

But seriously, with Joe Biden in the lead? And Bearnie splitting the vote again, I am not too worried.
But if you have the guns you also get to eat:)

Do I live in a happy little bubble? I can't think of one grocery store or gun store that even looks like it's begun to sell out of anything. Seriously, it's just business as normal here.

But if you have the guns you also get to eat:)

WRONGO!!!!

This implies that food will be handed over either in trade for your guns and ammo, or under threat of force.

People who have put the forethought into providing food for themselves and their families have probably also put thought into how to defend their food when hungry people with guns show up.

Do I live in a happy little bubble? I can't think of one grocery store or gun store that even looks like it's begun to sell out of anything. Seriously, it's just business as normal here.

"Panic buying" is a self fulfilling kind of thing. Many humans follow the pack. The "news" tell them something "may" run out many run to buy. Others see someone with a cart full of xyz, so they run and fill a cart. The Fredie's we were at still had bottled water and TP but, there were huge empty spots on shelves where the stuff was fleeing. Many will see that and fill their cart with it. Another thing that was wiped out was bleach. There were no more large jugs of any kind of it. Was still smaller ones for now. This stuff goes in waves and how bad it gets has a lot to do with how long it takes to fill the pipeline again. Much of this stuff is easy and fast to make so it should be short lived. The TP makers are of course smiling now but they will have to be careful. They know that soon this will be over and sales will fall in the tank for a while. The people who bought years worth of TP will not be buying for years. Wife went last night with one sister to shop and one woman had an entire shopping cart filled with peanut butter. I hope she likes PB&J :s0140:

I didn't know I was panic buying. I just thought it was a good deal. Who knew? I did come across 600 rounds of 5.56 I forgot I had. It's like finding $50 in a jacket pocket. Question is, do I now slow down my panic buying of ammo? Do I have a secret Bullet Fairy slipping me ammo when I've been a good boy?

I didn't know I was panic buying. I just thought it was a good deal. Who knew? I did come across 600 rounds of 5.56 I forgot I had. It's like finding $50 in a jacket pocket. Question is, do I now slow down my panic buying of ammo? Do I have a secret Bullet Fairy slipping me ammo when I've been a good boy?

I do hope more shooters will remember the last panic shortages. Right now there is still plenty of cheap ammo to go around. Markets like this are fragile though. People buy all the TP in the store it's easy to mass produce more and fill it all back up. People panic buy ammo it's a LOT harder for the people making it to fill the pipe line again. This causes rolling shortages that feed themselves. If they do not manage to get another one going over this scare they will sooner or later get another one going. Set aside enough ammo little by little so when next one hits you can head to the range smiling as you have plenty. :D

WRONGO!!!!

This implies that food will be handed over either in trade for your guns and ammo, or under threat of force.

People who have put the forethought into providing food for themselves and their families have probably also put thought into how to defend their food when hungry people with guns show up.

Sure, all the lemmings panic buying groceries are the epitome of defense experts.

Guns are all good, been buying up ammo and reloading supplies! Between saving all my brass, and stocking up the loaded stuff, I'm almost comfortable with my stocks!
Still need more Holy Black and Lead! :D

Heck, I prob qualify as hoarding for the past few yrs since reloading supplies become easy to get once again.

Got'a love having a few wooden crates of primers and boxes of powder on hand. Last Cyber Monday was piss off the mailman and drop a few grand on bullet deals, the poor guy was shlepping those beaten up USPS flat rate boxes to my door for two months! However, I have far more primers and powder. Figured I can cast my own or trade primers for others' hard cast.

Looking forward to the Albany gun show. I will pick up some loaded ammo if the prices are good. That new CZ Bren 805 would like some 5.56 to paw through.

Biden vrs Trump = Trump all day.

"Panic buying" is a self fulfilling kind of thing. Many humans follow the pack. The "news" tell them something "may" run out many run to buy. Others see someone with a cart full of xyz, so they run and fill a cart. The Fredie's we were at still had bottled water and TP but, there were huge empty spots on shelves where the stuff was fleeing. Many will see that and fill their cart with it. Another thing that was wiped out was bleach. There were no more large jugs of any kind of it. Was still smaller ones for now. This stuff goes in waves and how bad it gets has a lot to do with how long it takes to fill the pipeline again. Much of this stuff is easy and fast to make so it should be short lived. The TP makers are of course smiling now but they will have to be careful. They know that soon this will be over and sales will fall in the tank for a while. The people who bought years worth of TP will not be buying for years. Wife went last night with one sister to shop and one woman had an entire shopping cart filled with peanut butter. I hope she likes PB&J :s0140:

I wonder if someone with lots of TP company stock started the rumor it would be hard to find? Haha

It's pretty funny Mikey is still running his adds all over the place!

I also notice The OryGun Dems are running adds targeting the repubs to get back to work passing that omnibus's tax plan "Cap n Trade"
What a bunch of spoiled elite cry babies!:mad::mad::mad:

One has to wonder why all these Anti-gunner Billionaires want the populace un-armed...that alone should give folks pause.
It should but sadly we long ago stopped being a nation of people who yearn for freedom. We became a nation of people who yearn to be taken care of. The promise of being taken care of has caused a LOT of people to line up to give away freedom little here, little there. The VERY wealthy who champion this think they will of course be the ones in power so they are all in on it. Many do not notice this is not just guns. Mini Mike was a prime example of someone who wanted power. He was all in on trying to regulate how people live their lives for them. After all it was "for their own good" that he should be able to tell them what to eat, what to drink, how to raise their children and so forth. People who champion gun control always champion larger and more controlling Government too. Can't have the people making their own choices.

Ive been buying up guns and ammo all year and last year. I feel like a social media influencer.

Good!

I figure if you want and need something - BUY it! Food, medical supplies, toilet paper, soap, GUNS, reloading supplies if you reload, RF or CF ammunition, blankets, clothing, spare eyeglasses, etc.

Don't wait for a huge emergency or a hurricane or a blizzard - do it slowly but surely as best as you can. That goes for GUNS and ammo if that is one of your top priorities.

Buy it when you can and at a good price and do NOT wait until the fake/real shortages happen due to ANY reason not just prior to an election or when you know some new salami law or ban will go into effect on a state or national level.

To the naysayers... not directed to you.

Just because gun or ammunition sales GO UP does not mean that the people who are BUYING these items have neglected other PARTS of their daily living supplies! Who are we to say what we THINK that someone is doing or not doing in their home life?!

Maybe they decided to BUY something now and not wait closer to the election. Maybe it was on sale or the BUYER actually found what they wanted after a time frame. Maybe they got some tax refund. Maybe they SAVED UP for their own firearms as I did when I first got into buying my own guns back in the late 90's. Maybe they decided to arm and teach their family how to shoot or hunt. Maybe they wanted to add to their collection or are NEW to guns. Maybe they decided to go into competition or wanted different guns.

Maybe they SOLD a bunch of their other guns and decided to go in another direction when it came to self defense or hunting or plinking. Consolidation of gun calibers and LESS guns so when they did this - they marched into the STORES and started buying guns and ammo for their NEW CHOICES as a long time shooter or as someone who had to change their guns due to a handicap.

Lots of people PRE PLAN for their retirement and BUY or get into other guns. They know that their dollar will be worth less due to INFLATION - so they buy their guns, ammo, reloading supplies, and MANY other things while they are still working too.

I don't care WHY people BUY more guns or change their shooting habits. It is THEIR MONEY, their choice and their guns! NOT mine!

I am personally happy to SEE MORE PEOPLE BUY GUNS and keep the industry and their employees BUSY and working.

Good for you on buying guns and ammunition.

Shooting habits change too. Hobbies change. Physical issues change too. So all of these things change people's BUYING habits and not only when it comes to guns and ammunition.

I always planned ahead once I got into shooting more and so did my MT husband. Especially when we were HIGH volume shooters. I am NO longer a high volume shooter due to my physical issues. My husband still shoots a lot and YEAR ROUND even if he does not compete. He is NOT a high volume shooter as he was previously but he does shoot a lot.

He planned ahead for his retirement. He has some physical issues too. His hands are a bit worse but NOTHING like mine. So HE DID CHANGE all of his self defense guns around and MANY of his other firearms too.

BIG changes in some firearms. NOT as big as mine though!

My late husband owned only a FEW guns in his life, in only 2 calibers, on PURPOSE but he did keep extra ammo on hand too. NOT tons of it but enough to keep us safe. (He owned more sail and power boats in his entire life than firearms.)

Me? I always prepared for weather related and some man made emergencies in all things. I never considered myself a hoarder or a prepper. I was prepared for bad weather. MOST rural and even city people who have a CLUE did this especially if they were raised in specific climates! I had enough toilet paper and FOOD on hand. Gas for a generator. Wood on hand. Etc. I lived in the boonies for over half of my life back east. I did NOT run out at the last minute to buy up all of the tp or bread either.

I did not rush out and buy up all of the guns because of an election. But IF I really thought that specific guns and KNIVES would be restricted plus any type of ammo or reloading supplies for my husband - I would BUY what we needed while we could AHEAD OF TIME and not at the last minute due a MASS school shooting or when some TYRANT GOT INTO OFFICE on the NATIONAL, state or local level.

Good for Wired and others like him!

Cate

Ammunition?

Most people REPLACE what they shoot on a Regular Basis by buying ammo or reloading what they need.

The shooters that we know did this and we did this too! I do not reload but my MT husband has since the early 70's.

We did not decide to go to the range and SUDDENLY discover that we did not have JACK SQUAT on hand because we did NOT replace what we SHOT UP the last time around. We planned ahead.

I DO realize that some people have less money or a budget that may be lower than other people. But if you always WAIT until the last minute to buy or replace a box of ammo, your coffee, your whatever else that is in your home that you USE or EAT/DRINK on a regular basis because you did not plan ahead and could AFFORD to replace any item for your home... it is your own fault and NOT the person who saved up, worked harder, did without and/or planned ahead.

Cate

I always just happen to find things I really like when these "panic" statistics come out.

I also always pick up primers and a pound of good powder anytime I'm in the store

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top