JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
An update for anyone who may care. I got this note from Gabe yesterday:

"Yes!!! I do plan to have PSS at the PSTC again. My thought is to run it twice again this year, probably once toward the end of the summer, and one after the fall."

So be on the lookout.

As a principle it does say you have to buy their ammo. However for the PSS classes last summer, with the ammo crunch, we were allowed to bring our own ammo rather than buy it from the PSTC. They were trying to manage their inventory. Mind you, you still could buy the PSTC if you wanted, and as of late it's actually competitively priced IMO.
I don't know if the BYOA will continue for the PSS classes this summer or not.
I'm pretty sure for the regular classes (101, 101A, 102, 103) you still buy theirs.

As a principle it does say you have to buy their ammo. However for the PSS classes last summer, with the ammo crunch, we were allowed to bring our own ammo rather than buy it from the PSTC. They were trying to manage their inventory. Mind you, you still could buy the PSTC if you wanted, and as of late it's actually competitively priced IMO.
I don't know if the BYOA will continue for the PSS classes this summer or not.
I'm pretty sure for the regular classes (101, 101A, 102, 103) you still buy theirs.
Good to know. It would be a deal breaker for me.

My biggest issue with training is the cost. Class + ammo + travel can easily hit $1200+ for a 2-day class these days, and more if you need overnight accommodations. Firearms training has to be one of the biggest examples of inflation that we've seen; it's WAY more than 8%!!!

Supply and demand. Not a lot of trainers of that caliber.
Yup! The most impressive thing to me on his very long resume is the Rogers Shooting School. He's one of only a handful to ever shoot it 100% "clean." He was the First one to ever do it from complete concealment. I think a couple others have now. And he did it with his "this is how I walk around" EDC; no special gear. One of the phases of testing in his class is to shoot two body one head at 7 yards from concealment. He participates in the testing. He can reliably, on demand, get that job done in 1.5 seconds or less.

Gabe White will be doing these classes at PSTC:
4/30-5/1: PSTC 103 Advanced defensive handgun,
5/28-29: PSTC 102 Defensive handgun,
6/4-5: Functional pistol skills taught by Lt Col (Ret) Kevin J Butler. Col Butler was invited to teach this class by Gabe who is sponsoring it,
10/8-9: Pistol Shooting Solutions, Gabe's private class.

I know that both PSTC courses have pre-requisites. I believe that a prospective student still can take a practical safety and shooting test to waive these but the tests are shot cold against against a timer with no warm-ups and no practice runs and is one and done but I also believe unsuccessful candidates can still repeat the test(s) after a couple of days. Anyone interested should confirm this info with PSTC.

I have no other info about either Gabe's or Col Butler's class.

Gabe White will be doing these classes at PSTC:
4/30-5/1: PSTC 103 Advanced defensive handgun,
5/28-29: PSTC 102 Defensive handgun,
6/4-5: Functional pistol skills taught by Lt Col (Ret) Kevin J Butler. Col Butler was invited to teach this class by Gabe who is sponsoring it,
10/8-9: Pistol Shooting Solutions, Gabe's private class.

I know that both PSTC courses have pre-requisites. I believe that a prospective student still can take a practical safety and shooting test to waive these but the tests are shot cold against against a timer with no warm-ups and no practice runs and is one and done but I also believe unsuccessful candidates can still repeat the test(s) after a couple of days. Anyone interested should confirm this info with PSTC.

I have no other info about either Gabe's or Col Butler's class.
PSTC 103 is also scheduled for June 11,12 as well as November 12,13
PSTC 102 is also scheduled for July 16,17

Even though he runs the entire PSTC program and personally instructs the 102/103, these classes are not in any way associated with his own Pistol Shooting Solutions. Any access you can gain to Gabe is worth it!!

Where did you see Gabe's class for October 8,9? It's not on his website yet?

I know you can shoot to qualify at the 102 level 'cause that's what I did; just skipped 101,101A and 102 by shooting the 102 qual. My goal was to get into the Wednesday night "league" program. :)
Yes you have to shoot it cold. Caveat: just go to the range early and warm up on your own? Yes you can come back and try again if you fail. There is no cost to challenge, other than the lane and the ammo. No "fee." Just go to the counter and say you want to try. The 102 test is not easy IMO. I did it on the first try but it was nip and tuck on a couple of the drills.

This was a few years ago but pretty sure it's the same.

Then eventually I took 103 and then the "coaching" class to become a coach (not instructor) in the program. So now I get to volunteer my time for free to go help out. hahahahaha It's quite fun actually, I like it.

PSTC 103 is also scheduled for June 11,12 as well as November 12,13
PSTC 102 is also scheduled for July 16,17

Even though he runs the entire PSTC program and personally instructs the 102/103, these classes are not in any way associated with his own Pistol Shooting Solutions. Any access you can gain to Gabe is worth it!!

Where did you see Gabe's class for October 8,9? It's not on his website yet?

I know you can shoot to qualify at the 102 level 'cause that's what I did; just skipped 101,101A and 102 by shooting the 102 qual. My goal was to get into the Wednesday night "league" program. :)
Yes you have to shoot it cold. Caveat: just go to the range early and warm up on your own? Yes you can come back and try again if you fail. There is no cost to challenge, other than the lane and the ammo. No "fee." Just go to the counter and say you want to try. The 102 test is not easy IMO. I did it on the first try but it was nip and tuck on a couple of the drills.

This was a few years ago but pretty sure it's the same.

Then eventually I took 103 and then the "coaching" class to become a coach (not instructor) in the program. So now I get to volunteer my time for free to go help out. hahahahaha It's quite fun actually, I like it.
Gabe took over from me when I retired in 2013 as the lead firearms instructor at PSTC and we stay in touch. He sent me those dates in a email earlier today as part of a follow up to our discussion about his encounter with Jeff Gonzalez who runs Trident Concepts and who I'd trained with decades ago. He had dinner with Jeff while at a recent instructor conference in Dallas, TX.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top