JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So i got my buck and hung it for a few days then put it in the fridge in sections last night. tonight when my uncle and i was cutting it up, i decided i wanted totry it raw, so i cut some meat from deep in the thigh and a bit of the backstrap and man i was good. I LOVED IT

but now im wondering if it was a bad move. anyone else have experiance with it?

its red meat and people eat red meat raw/rare all day

Last edited by a moderator:
sushi is bomb and i might eat even more tonight! not really i had my fill. I doubt theres any problems...I mean heck wats wrong with the world today everyone thinks everyone is sick right?

im a nasty dude i guess.

by the way thanks for all the responses and PS last night bathroom mission was a god forsaken mess

And now you'll be happy to know you get the priviledge of living the remainder of your days pondering what could or did happen on that fateful bathroom mission! :s0155::s0131:

Already purged the thoughts from my mind. something about another man, or woman, taking care of that business is not appealing to me. I really hope i never think about it again.

you can't get tapeworm from eating fresh muscle.. tapeworms live in the intestines. unless you get cross contamination of larvae, there's nothing to worry about. if the meat sits long enough you might run the risk of getting the poops from mild GI infection. that's about it, with bovines.

You guys crack me up! :)

But back to the topic, nothing to worry about. Ive done it before with deer and never had an issue. I remember years ago in Eastern Oregon, a buddy and I got a nice little buck. As we were getting it dressed out, I thought I'd freak my buddy out and take a bite from the heart like the Indian's supposedly did. So he turned away for a moment while I was elbow deep in it, and I grabbed the heart up and took a big bite when he looked back at me. He turned about 25 shades of green at me, I had blood running down my face and all. Chewed up the bite and swallowed it, tasted like tofu dipped in blood.

If that deer you ate from was sick looking, yeah, probably not a good idea to eat uncooked meat from it. But if it looked healthy before you shot it, and looked like it was in healthy condition as you dressed and skinned it, your fine. Raw meat just takes longer to digest in our stomachs. No biggie.

You guys crack me up! :)

But back to the topic, nothing to worry about. Ive done it before with deer and never had an issue. I remember years ago in Eastern Oregon, a buddy and I got a nice little buck. As we were getting it dressed out, I thought I'd freak my buddy out and take a bite from the heart like the Indian's supposedly did. So he turned away for a moment while I was elbow deep in it, and I grabbed the heart up and took a big bite when he looked back at me. He turned about 25 shades of green at me, I had blood running down my face and all. Chewed up the bite and swallowed it, tasted like tofu dipped in blood.

If that deer you ate from was sick looking, yeah, probably not a good idea to eat uncooked meat from it. But if it looked healthy before you shot it, and looked like it was in healthy condition as you dressed and skinned it, your fine. Raw meat just takes longer to digest in our stomachs. No biggie.

tree - wat a great story, i laughed hard enough my girlfriend came up the stairs to see WTH i was up to. i actually ate the meat because it taste sooo good. i love game man. anyway i was joking about the bathroom deal. WAIT no i wasnt

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top