JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like them because they are "slim". The other belt I bought was so thick and heavy, and stiff as a board. Really uncomfortable especially after a few hours. Strange I know.

AKA the 5.11 tactical trainer belt.

These:

Recommend, am also wearing one ATM.

Have a few in various colors, depending upon footwear & sidearm accoutrement...:D

In all seriousness, I think it was on @Kruel J 's recommendation I went with that belt back when.
Will definitely be trying this one tomorrow and likely bringing one home.

I found Blue Alpha Belts while searching the key words double nylon belts. Pretty similar to the 511 but with the slim cobra latch. May order one if the 511 is nice. Basically it looks to be the same belt but with the quick disconnect buckle for ease of doing the business…

Will definitely be trying this one tomorrow and likely bringing one home.

I found Blue Alpha Belts while searching the key words double nylon belts. Pretty similar to the 511 but with the slim cobra latch. May order one if the 511 is nice. Basically it looks to be the same belt but with the quick disconnect buckle for ease of doing the business…
All good options. The reason we bought the 5.11 belts was partially contractual and mostly the need to be able to put on a duty belt over it and not have to worry about too much buckle in front.

One big advantage of these types of belts is the ability to quickly grow and shrink to accommodate whatever gun you carry IWB. I always felt like I was between holes with my leather belts.

All good options. The reason we bought the 5.11 belts was partially contractual and mostly the need to be able to put on a duty belt over it and not have to worry about too much buckle in front.

One big advantage of these types of belts is the ability to quickly grow and shrink to accommodate whatever gun you carry IWB. I always felt like I was between holes with my leather belts.
My ole faithful has many added holes!

I definitely see the value in the Velcro adjustability.

I'm a huge fan of the Ares Gear Aegis Enhanced (or regular).

It's easy to thread, VERY rigid, VERY durable, and doesn't scream TACTICAL (a.k.a. shoot me first). However, it is not cheap. But it's awesome. And once you use a belt that is infinitely adjustable, you will never want to go back to the traditional belt holes...which never seem to be in quite the right place...or they stretch after time.

But do note the belt is VERY rigid. Some may find it too rigid for daily carry. Also note that in the appendix position, it's can be very hard to keep the holster in place when you unbuckle, regardless of the belt you are using. And especially if you use an attachment method, like soft loops, that don't really cinch down on the belt itself, like a clip might.

I use soft loops because I really like them, but it does make the bathroom process a bit more challenging. The choices are a) go to the urinal and yank the "little general" out through the fly so you don't have to unbuckle, or b) go grab a stall because the holster IS COMING OFF, once I unbuckle. There's just no way the holster is staying on at appendix since you're at the end of the belt and you don't have a second belt loop on the forward side of the holster to help hold it in place. I also typically carry a full size M&P CORE with a 17 round mag and red dot...which is a lot of weight.

You might also want to look at a cobra buckle type belt, like the one Blue Alpha Gear makes. These are great belts and very easy on/easy off. But cobra buckles do look a bit more tactical.

Also, there are lots of similar belts but if you go with a Cobra buckle, do note that some cobra buckles can be hard to thread through belt loops because they are fairly wide. The Blue Alpha belt solves this problem by using a 1.5" male end and a 1" female end. This makes the female end very easy to thread. So if you go with a cobra buckle, make sure it uses a smaller female end.

I'm a huge fan of leather and ended up getting a couple of belts from A&G Custom Gun Leather (https://agcustomgunleather.com/). Horse hide is denser, if in stock, but even the bullhide is rediculously thick and stiff. I got mine with the stiffener added. Much thicker than the Beltman my wife has and it's held up for years without sagging. Worn dual 4" GP100s while out shooting in the woods (I was feeling particularly cowboy that day) without any issues. AIWB carried a stainless SP101 for a few of years and sometimes forget its even there. Available in various materials, widths, hole counts, and buckles. I can't recommend it enough. Not really much for decoration though. It's a bit over $100 but all the belts I have will likely outlast me. Can't recommend these belts enough.

Good luck. Lots of good choices out there, but I prefer leather myself.

Kore Essentials makes hidden "ratcheting" belts that might work for your AIWB/#2 conundrum. If you size it correctly, you could loosen the belt enough to slip your pant garmets off and not have to "un-buckle", thus your holster wouldn't flop over. The ratcheting buckles are chunky though and don't fit under most belt loops. The leather belt setups are easy to discreetly tighten/loosen and have worked well for me in IWB carry especially with stretchy pants going out to eat. There are cheap Amazon versions to test too.

I'm a huge fan of leather and ended up getting a couple of belts from A&G Custom Gun Leather (https://agcustomgunleather.com/). Horse hide is denser, if in stock, but even the bullhide is rediculously thick and stiff. I got mine with the stiffener added. Much thicker than the Beltman my wife has and it's held up for years without sagging. Worn dual 4" GP100s while out shooting in the woods (I was feeling particularly cowboy that day) without any issues. AIWB carried a stainless SP101 for a few of years and sometimes forget its even there. Available in various materials, widths, hole counts, and buckles. I can't recommend it enough. Not really much for decoration though. It's a bit over $100 but all the belts I have will likely outlast me. Can't recommend these belts enough.

Good luck. Lots of good choices out there, but I prefer leather myself.
Thanks for the link, how well does it do in the loo?

Thanks for the link, how well does it do in the loo?

Holds pretty solid. As with any incomplete circle, it will lose rigidity unless you clasped it back together while you sit. I'll see if I can take some demonstration pictures (simulated situation, not actual) later today.

Holds pretty solid. As with any incomplete circle, it will lose rigidity unless you clasped it back together while you sit. I'll see if I can take some demonstration pictures (simulated situation, not actual) later today.
Lol! Thats ok, I appreciate it though!

Picked up a 511 trainer at Sportsmans. Thanks for the recommendations.Only color available in my size was the gray. Got the medium, which had minimal extra belt to deal with. The large had too much excess belt. Kind of wish there was something in between them as I could use just an inch or two more of Velcro, but I don't think it will go anywhere. I'm also wearing it backwards so that the extra belt Velcro on my left side. That way the holster clips onto the nice thick and stiff (lol) part of the belt close to the buckle. It is easy to get on and off. Surprisingly not too uncomfortable, thought it would be worse. It's been on since I left the store and I'm not mad at it yet. Definitely improved holster pull. Improved holster placement. Good amount of flex and it doesn't cut into my hip bones.

Tested a bunch of others in the dressing room pretending to poo with each! The 511 leather belt was decent, but they did not have one in my size. It felt pretty stiff, but the leather felt like the type that would break in a bit. The holes would prove to be an issue though, which is where the Velcro adjustability shined. Others were ok, but the 511 shined. It holds shape well enough to not have a floppy pistol problem.

I think I'll wear this for some time. See how it goes after a few trips to the loo. If it seems to be a rock star, I may look to purchase the Blue Alpha Hybrid EDC which looks like the same belt pretty much, only adding the quick disconnect portion via the cobra buckle.

Thanks everyone for all of the recommendations!

58DD8BD1-966B-4C00-96F6-01C246A22F52.jpeg

Ares Gear aegis enhanced belt. Not cheap but I have worn the same belt for over 10 years and it's still as rigid as the day I bought it. Not too rigid to cause uncomfort though. It also doesn't scream "tactical" which I appreciate. No cobra buckles or rigger style belts for me personally.

View attachment 1047444
I'm still using the original Ares ranger belt with the smaller cobra buckles after about a decade of hard daily use. Still works good as new. This style is hard to beat, but if you want a more traditional looking leather belt I recently picked up a blade tech ultimate carry belt from Oregon Rifleworks. It's not quite as quick and easy to unbuckle as a Cobra but it's a lot easier to thread it through the belt buckles every morning if that makes any sense.

I like the Blade Tech line of leather belts. Stiff but not too bulky.
Blade Tech

I always find its best to remove the gun/holster from the belt before dropping your pants. That's easy at home because It's your bathroom, and in a public place, it's safer. You just have to store it for a few minutes, finish your business, then pull pants up and replace holster. In the military we always had a shelf to place the weapon on when in the john. We also had signs Posted to remind the dummies to Not forget their weapon.

Picked up a 511 trainer at Sportsmans. Thanks for the recommendations.Only color available in my size was the gray. Got the medium, which had minimal extra belt to deal with. The large had too much excess belt. Kind of wish there was something in between them as I could use just an inch or two more of Velcro, but I don't think it will go anywhere. I'm also wearing it backwards so that the extra belt Velcro on my left side. That way the holster clips onto the nice thick and stiff (lol) part of the belt close to the buckle. It is easy to get on and off. Surprisingly not too uncomfortable, thought it would be worse. It's been on since I left the store and I'm not mad at it yet. Definitely improved holster pull. Improved holster placement. Good amount of flex and it doesn't cut into my hip bones.

Tested a bunch of others in the dressing room pretending to poo with each! The 511 leather belt was decent, but they did not have one in my size. It felt pretty stiff, but the leather felt like the type that would break in a bit. The holes would prove to be an issue though, which is where the Velcro adjustability shined. Others were ok, but the 511 shined. It holds shape well enough to not have a floppy pistol problem.

I think I'll wear this for some time. See how it goes after a few trips to the loo. If it seems to be a rock star, I may look to purchase the Blue Alpha Hybrid EDC which looks like the same belt pretty much, only adding the quick disconnect portion via the cobra buckle.

Thanks everyone for all of the recommendations!

View attachment 1047928
Glad you found something that works for you! Once you find the right gun/holster/belt combo appendix carry is a game changer!

295DF525-13AF-4D3B-A77D-6DF60E7F6942.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR