JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Gold barrels, slide cuts and home rolled stipling don't do it for me. What I want is my Gen 4 G-32 to look mostly stock but shoot like a CZ. What I've done so far is an aftermarket rifled barrel, Tugsten guide rod and skateboard tape. I've got the Dawson adjustable sights on order. Now I see Glock itself has a prefomance enhanced drop in fire control group and was wondering if anyone has tried it yet. I know there are other triggers made by other companies but I'm thinking one made by Glock for Glocks might be better. What say you?
Link to Glock trigger group: https://us.glock.com/en/LEARN/GLOCK-Pistols/performance-trigger

I know there are other triggers made by other companies but I'm thinking one made by Glock for Glocks might be better. What say you?
I built a Glock clone for the fun of it and its been a nightmare to get it to run, finally. The more you deviate away from OEM parts the more issues you may have, you might not. I also don't like slide cuts, gold barrels and bling, but while a nice well spec'd upgraded Glock is more attractive, I dont think Glock architecture will ever run smooth like a CZ or other machine fitted slide to frame pistol. Glocks are incredibly precise shooters Ive discovered though.
I went with an Overwatch Precision trigger assembly and really like the custom look of the trigger shoe, and the feel of it. The trigger safety tab fits very flush in the shoe in use you cant really feel it. The break is 4lbs consistently (I didn't modify trigger pull, but its possible...) and breaks clean. Note: Overwatch uses Glock OEM ejector housings and springs, OEM trigger bar can be selected as an option. So you would get pretty much an OEM upgrade with a nice custom classic looking trigger shoe with Overwatch.

To me dolling up a Glock is the equivalent of putting lip stick on a pig. They may be dependable but pretty is a word I have never heard in reference to a glock.

He asked questions on how to upgrade his Glock. At no point did he ask our opinions on his choice.

I have used the Glock performance trigger and it is much better than stock. The Timney trigger is even better, mine is set up at 2.5 pounds with a good re set.

I agree with Koda, you won't get a trigger like CZ or Canik no matter how hard you try. I have fired thousands of rounds with my Timney Glock trigger with zero issues.

I love the mechanics of a gun, and it's always fun to tinker. I've improved the sights on my Glocks, and I just ordered a threaded barrel for my 19. The sights are so low on the 19 I might have to get some suppressor sights. I'm going to shoot it first with the low sights first to see what I think.

I have CZ's and Sig's, a bunch of other guns as well and a box stock Gen 4 G-22 as a get out of trouble gun. My quest is to see how good I can get the 32 to shoot without compromising reliably. Bottom line is I'm a gun guy that likes to make guns mine. IMHO accurate and reliable guns are fun to shoot so that's what I'm after only the best Glock, I'm not trying to make it something that it's not.

Edited to add: the Glock 32 is in caliber 357 Sig a very fast and accurate round to start with.

Last Edited:
"What I want is my Gen 4 G-32 to look mostly stock but shoot like a CZ."

1713633181037.jpeg

Meh, why improve upon perfection? For me, I'd spend the money on a gun that will have a higher improvement than a Block.
This.

Glocks run forever and are perfectly reliable if left alone. If you want more of a match gun I would get a match gun instead of trying to turn a Glock into one. Personal opinion. All kinds of options such as Walther PDp match, cz shadow 2, hk vp9 match, Canik, etc all in the $650-$900 range.

This.

Glocks run forever and are perfectly reliable if left alone. If you want more of a match gun I would get a match gun instead of trying to turn a Glock into one. Personal opinion. All kinds of options such as Walther PDp match, cz shadow 2, hk vp9 match, Canik, etc all in the $650-$900 range.
Ah, I don't want a match gun only the most fun (read accurate) Glock I can have. I already have shadow 2 SAO and a couple match tuned 1911's (one in 38 Super) that I compete with. Back to my original question Has anyone used the Glock performance trigger and if so what did you think of it.

Ah, I don't want a match gun only the most fun (read accurate) Glock I can have. I already have shadow 2 SAO and a couple match tuned 1911's (one in 38 Super) that I compete with. Back to my original question Has anyone used the Glock performance trigger and if so what did you think of it.
I have a Glock performance trigger in my Gen 5 G34 and I think it's great. Shorter, lighter pull and cleaner break than the factory trigger. Takes a lot of the Glock feel out of the Glock trigger. A 1911 trigger it isn't, though...

While I have not used the Glock trigger, the Apex setup is very nice and have it in 2 guns. The ZEV one is also nice but not worth the premium IMO and I will never do the ZEV again.

Take this for what it is worth from a non-Glock gun guy...but a gun guy who has worked on various firearms....

I would suggest that you use the Glock "performance enhanced drop in fire control group" rather than an aftermarket / non Glock item.
Since it was made by Glock for Glock...it could very well be both performance enhancing and drop in...without the headaches of someone else's product made to fit a Glock.
Andy

Take this for what it is worth from a non-Glock gun guy...but a gun guy who has worked on various firearms....

I would suggest that you use the Glock "performance enhanced drop in fire control group" rather than an aftermarket / non Glock item.
Since it was made by Glock for Glock...it could very well be both performance enhancing and drop in...without the headaches of someone else's product made to fit a Glock.
Andy
Thank you Andy, my thoughts exactly. In other Glocks in a different time I tried aftermarket parts and got frustrated and sold off them all. I''m circling back but want to do different this time.

Andy
You're absolutely right. Mine was a 5 minute drop in install and I feel confident in it. No headaches or fitting or whoopsies.

Have the Timney in a 34 and 19 Gen3's. Makes a world of difference in my eyes. I don't know how the Glock drop in trigger is compared to the Timney though.

I'm one of the "don't mess with it" types, but wouldn't have any problem trying their enhanced trigger group. Made by glock, for a glock, I don't see an issue.

As for the rest... any third party "performance upgrade"... they all seem to be a bit hit and miss that can impact reliability so... why??

That said, there are things you "can" do to a glock's OEM parts to improve performance . IE., tweaking the connector angle, polishing the trigger bar and other contact surfaces, rails, trigger pin hole, ramp and the like. You really kind of have to know what you're doing though or there is a likelihood you'll just foul up a perfectly functional firearm.

That said too though. If you do foul something up, drop in replacement parts aren't difficult to come by and aren't terribly expensive to undo your buggering.

I will say though that if you own a variety of them, I don't make any significant alterations to one that I don't plan on making to them all. One of the big advantages with glonks, in my mind, is being able to pick up any one of them and have uniformity in feel, function and performance. YMMV

As the owner of both Glocks and CZ's, I can tell you that you can make the Glock shoot well, but the only mod I've run across that makes it shoot like a CZ is this one:

%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2016%2f10%2fCZ-75-P-01-1.jpg

:D

On a more serious note, I think you're on the right track with the Glock trigger upgrade rather than aftermarket.

100% get the GPT. I just put one in my G22 Gen 4 and it completely changes the trigger feel. You no longer have that spongy pretravel.

Is it on the same level as other guns, like 1911, CZ, Revolvers, Hi-Points? No. But such an improvement for only $100ish.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top