JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Because the anti-gun nuts are trying to get gun ownership/violence thought of as a "health issue" so they can have Dr's gathering the data on ownership. Then it can be used to deny or boost YOUR (the gun owners) insurance rates plus use government $$ to change the public's perception of gun owners like they have done with smokers.

Well said Deen-ad. If they can make it a health issue, then it would be "treatable" and the IRS health enforcers could require you to give them up and send their ATF buddies to collect. There was an interesting article in Sunday's Bend Bulletin by a doctor proclaiming himself as an expert in the gun violence epidemic. He trotted out the tired old refrain that there is a high correlation between guns in the home and suicide. Gee. If a person kills themselves with a gun (inside or outside the home) it is counted as having been in the home. Too bad we are living in irrational times. It's enough to make a guy start smoking! Ha!

I guess like how smoking started out with a Surgeon Generals warning, and now it's illegal to smoke in some outdoor parks etc. Only any fool can see smoking is harmful except for pot of course, for now, until the next election. Wonder what the good Doctor has to say about that subject? Isn't anti-breathing smoke supposed to be the Surgeon General's agenda?
I guess gun control fits the agenda for now, only guns save lives too right? I'm confused.

The Surgeon General has no business sticking his nose into the "gun control" issue. The nominee sure seems hell bent on doing so. F him.

Not sure, that one during the Clinton years? (black female) forgot her name, was all about sex ed and got fired. She was a bit goofy but I thought she was O.K.
IIRC, her name was Jocelyn Elders. I thought the conservative backlash from her answering a reporter's question about masturbation was over the top and unfair.

Not sure, that one during the Clinton years? (black female) forgot her name, was all about sex ed and got fired. She was a bit goofy but I thought she was O.K.

LOL... The one who went on and on about how she was such a HUGE fan of Eric Clapner (Clapton), and made the most profound declaration I have EVER heard; "we all will probably die with something sooner or later".

Utter BRILLIANCE, I tell you!!

From the Wall Street Journal -
"" <broken link removed> " - Sort of a self referencing link

Story with helpful stills from some of those cartoons
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dment-position-watching-violent-CARTOONS.html

Murthy's nomination has created a firestorm of objections on Capitol Hill among Republicans who believe the president is using the surgeon general post to general public support for gun-control measures that House Republicans won't entertain.

'This nominee seems much more devoted to politics than to patients,' Sen. John Barrasso said Monday night on the Fox News Channel.

'I know there are a number of senators who are up for re-election who are probably not going to want to vote for somebody who is this committed to taking away our Second Amendment rights,' said Barrasso, a medical doctor himself.

He noted that Dr. Richard Carmona, a Democrat who served an attorney general under President George W. Bush, has written to President Obama to say that Murthy is unqualified.

Critics of Murthy have pointed to his Twitter feed as evidence that he would be more political activist than doctor-in-chief if he were confirmed.

Following the December 2012 massacre of 26 students and teachers at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut, he tweeted: 'NRA press conference disappointing but predictable - blame everything in the world except guns for the Newtown tragedy. #wakeup.'

Two months earlier he had tweeted that he was '[t]ired of politicians playing politics w/ guns, putting lives at risk b/c [because] they're scared of NRA. Guns are a health care issue. #debatehealth.'

Last Edited:
IIRC, her name was Jocelyn Elders. I thought the conservative backlash from her answering a reporter's question about masturbation was over the top and unfair.
Yeah, she was controversial in her day, now she seems tame. Anyway other than have a soapbox, what real power do they have? It took a long, long time before cigs were demonized to the point where laws started getting passed. And cigs ARE actually bad for you unlike the inanimate object that we call a gun.
If nominated he won't change any minds. People see right through his agenda. He might even help the cause by being so transparently biased! I don't like him but I'm not too worried.

Per NRA Chris Cox....also said well....the guy "wants to treat a Constitutional Right as a disease"...then the insurance companies can charge higher premiums for gun owners due to pre-existing condition. Back door registration.

Per NRA Chris Cox....also said well....the guy "wants to treat a Constitutional Right as a disease"...then the insurance companies can charge higher premiums for gun owners due to pre-existing condition. Back door registration.
Yep, pretty much what I said in post #2

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top