JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How Well Does The Firearms Community Treat Various Minorities - Multiple Votes Allowed

• In general pretty equally, though some individuals simply clash

Votes: 66 68.0%
  • Racial minorities are excluded poorly treated

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • Women are excluded or poorly treated

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • LGBTQ people are excluded or poorly treated

Votes: 23 23.7%
  • Agnostics, athiests, or people of non Christian religions are excluded or pootly treated

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Members of the political left are excluded or poorly treated

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • Younger generations such as "Zoomers" are excluded of poorly treated

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Others not listed are excluded or poorly treated. Please elaborate

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters
If the world was face to face then the culture would be a lot different, if you look back, the culture was better before computers and phones. That is if you are old enough to remember better times.

Politics is a form of warfare, physical warfare is merely an extension of politics.
^^^100%. War is about changing stubborn minds. You don't need kinetic weapons to wage war. Fifth-Generation warfare is primarily waged through social engineering and propaganda. Some historians believe America is currently in a second (non-shooting) civil war.

I don't really care about what was happening 50+ years ago because gun control was not a political issue at that time. The 2nd Amendment wasn't interpreted in the modern context until the mid 90's at best.
50 years ago and going all the way back to WWII there was compulsory military service and a different composition of American people (the Draft was ended by Nixon). But don't kid yourself, there have always been rabid opponents of the Second Amendment. Today they have bigger platforms, more money, better t-shirts, fewer kids and more dogs.

Since you bring up the 90s I'm also a Gen-Xer who lived the 90s. It is widely agreed that Bill Clinton would not win the Democratic nomination today - too "moderate". For certain, things have changed all-around. But you cannot use the past to bolster a position when it is convenient and ignore the past when it is inconvenient (this doesn't matter/that does matter).

Last Edited:
How well you get treated depends on how you treat others.

IMG_2717.jpeg

Fear...no.

Misgivings aplenty.

I don't own or care for all the various polymer / synthetic stocked firearms or the latest and greatest in optics , lasers and such...
Dislike Glocks and don't care for the AR15 type of firearms..
So...it has been assumed that I am a Fudd...and have been called such here at NWFA.

I am the Dean at the school I work at...again , many folks assume things and stereotype about those in the education field.
Many comments here at NWFA about educators and the school system ain't true , at least for the school I work at...
And yes I work at a public school.

I am not 100% Left or 100% Right in regards to my political leanings...yet...
I have been told repeatedly that folks like me are the problem...and that I ain't as much as a gun owner as someone who leans more Right with their political ideas...again...this has happened here on NWFA.

While the above may read like bashing where I live so to speak...
It ain't.

Being a White , male , gun owner , who speaks with a Southern accent. , drives a truck ...and has both been in the Army and seen combat...
Much has been assumed about me , at more places than here.

Misgivings ....yes about the assuming and stereotyping...and yes misgivings about blanket statements and those folks who read into postings , take things out of context and try to turn what I said into something it ain't.
And yes again..the above does not only happen here at NWFA...it can happen anywhere.
Simply 'cause that is what some people do.

What is most irksome to me about it...
Is not that someone does this elsewhere , who may probably be anti-gun.
It is when I am on here or talking in person with another pro-gun person , that is when it bothers me the most.

My thoughts on the 2nd Amendment are simple :
Own whatever firearms you wish to...or don't.
Just don't make that choice for others.

If it were only that simple for other folks....

In any event regarding the OP and its video....
Something to consider is that Fear sells...even if there is no real basis for fear in the first place.

Andy
Andy you are the problem, lololololol.

No, the culture is the same - no better or worse.

Modern technology has altered the culture, the way we communicate, share ideas and opinions - and in some way FOR the better.
I can list a lot of differences in the culture that haven't been good for any of us. I won't waste anyone's time because they either see it or they don't.

Computers and phones have pretty much destroyed our world not because we use them but because they are used against us. The amount of data and information gathered is unbelievable and is used to manipulate society. They could not gather that information if we didn't allow it by using computers and phones.

You know I am just a dumb nobody that has no standing on knowing anything in the eyes of those here. I suggest if people have time then listen to men with far better standing than I have.

Tucker Carlson

Andrew Tate (great 2 hr interview yesterday by Tucker)

Jordan Peterson, a clinical psychologist out of Canada

That's a good start and there are many more.

Some believe we have long been in a political cold civil war that ramped up in the 60s for a bit, but started in the 20s-30s... and is warming/getting closer to a hot, shooting one in the near future simply because one side has started to arm itself with more than street fighting equipment.

We might see a level of violence similar to the Irish Troubles (Protestants vs Catholics), or worse, more like the ever present Middle East violence between Sunni and Shiite Muslims... with a dabbling of Lebanon's sectarian violence and resulting in a Balkanization of the former United States...

Computers and phones have pretty much destroyed our world not because we use them but because they are used against us. The amount of data and information gathered is unbelievable and is used to manipulate society.
This is predicated only if one chooses to be manipulated by the use of hi tech (IE computers and phones).

Some live their lives on them and are most likely the ones mostly manipulated. Some use them for communication only and minor or little information needs, and are not nearly as affected (or manipulated)

@Longwalkhome

You know I am just a dumb nobody that has no standing on knowing anything in the eyes of those here. I suggest if people have time then listen to men with far better standing than I have.

Tucker Carlson

Andrew Tate (great 2 hr interview yesterday by Tucker)

Jordan Peterson, a clinical psychologist out of Canada

That's a good start and there are many more.

Oh, good lord! :s0140: :s0140: :s0140: :s0140:

Look, I know you have me on ignore for whatever reason, but on the off chance you log out and read this, please stop listening to these idiots

This is predicated only if one chooses to be manipulated by the use of hi tech (IE computers and phones).

Some live their lives on them and are most likely the ones mostly manipulated. Some use them for communication only and minor or little information needs, and are not nearly as affected (or manipulated)
I see your point and I certainly didn't make my point very well. :D mmmmm let's see if I can even get close.

Everyone has a phone, it's a tool for the owner but an intelligence gathering device for the maker.

The intelligence gathered is used to control and manipulate people in ways they don't even see because it's slow and subtle. OK now the response a person has been taught to think is "tin foil hat" because it's the response that keeps people stupid and non believing.

I won't go into a rant and point out how many ways we have been spied on to collect data, heck Americans are happy to give the data to their masters.

Do you think the harmless poll on a gun board isn't data as to how folks think?:D are the likes counted and stored?

Now the response is (what a paranoid slug) that's all bs and not true.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, it keeps me from doing the dishes.:)

Some believe we have long been in a political cold civil war that ramped up in the 60s for a bit, but started in the 20s-30s... and is warming/getting closer to a hot, shooting one in the near future simply because one side has started to arm itself with more than street fighting equipment.

We might see a level of violence similar to the Irish Troubles (Protestants vs Catholics), or worse, more like the ever present Middle East violence between Sunni and Shiite Muslims... with a dabbling of Lebanon's sectarian violence and resulting in a Balkanization of the former United States...
Just opinion and maybe not worth reading but America's coming war is walking across the border as we speak.

Same process was used in Europe by flooding countries with aliens that don't assimilate, look at France.

I don't really care about what was happening 50+ years ago because gun control was not a political issue at that time. The 2nd Amendment wasn't interpreted in the modern context until the mid 90's at best. Also the NRA is for boomers, Wayne LaPierre can lick my taint.

A bill extending the amount of time required to notify government of a new address for your carry permit is not authoritarianism.
I apologize - I lost sight of the bill in the months since what was a proposed amendment that appears to have not been added - the "stop homicidal side effects" amendment or some such. Basically a violation of many rights in a step toward authoritarianism.

I don't disagree about the NRA - my point was simply with your stating: not all liberals are gun grabbers but all gun grabbers are liberals.

No…all gun grabbers are authoritarians, in one flavor or another, and it transcends party affiliation.

Dunno much about the gun culture....but @Certaindeaf and I get together every year to celebrate MissedGivings by exchanging poorly aimed shots at each other under the dueling tree.

(That one wasn't CD quality...only one made-up word, and no mention of the Star of Browning Tree Topper)

ui_treetopper.png

(One MissedGivings...I drank too much kool-nog and sang 'Miss Me With Your Worst Shot'...that wasn't pretty)

^^^100%. War is about changing stubborn minds. You don't need kinetic weapons to wage war. Fifth-Generation warfare is primarily waged through social engineering and propaganda. Some historians believe America is currently in a second (non-shooting) civil war.

50 years ago and going all the way back to WWII there was compulsory military service and a different composition of American people (the Draft was ended by Nixon). But don't kid yourself, there have always been rabid opponents of the Second Amendment. Today they have bigger platforms, more money, better t-shirts, fewer kids and more dogs.

Since you bring up the 90s I'm also a Gen-Xer who lived the 90s. It is widely agreed that Bill Clinton would not win the Democratic nomination today - too "moderate". For certain, things have changed all-around. But you cannot use the past to bolster a position when it is convenient and ignore the past when it is inconvenient (this doesn't matter/that does matter).
Hell, I'm not sure Bill Clinton would win the REPUBLICAN nomination with how McCornhole & Co. have moved the GOP Establishment to the Left.

Wanna know where the GOP's policies are going to be in 20 years? Look at the Democrats 20 years ago and that's the GOP in 20 years--the quick indicators are that GWB 2000 was little different from JFK 1960 and that Barack Obama 2008 was little different from the 1968 agenda of the Communist Party USA and its splinter groups.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top