JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As of April, Discover credit cards will reportedly be joining a larger initiative to track when cardholders make purchases at gun stores. It also noted that even if a customer used the card to purchase non gun or ammunition items, it would still be logged as a 'gun shop' purchase.

SO, if you carrythe Discover card, from now on, USE CASH!!!

Discover has the best customer service in the business and their 5% back rewards system is a great money saver in addition to the standard 1% back. Using cash only is antiquated and card rewards really do add up to good savings on standard purchases over the year. There are better cards for travel though, I have earned several free flights using the proper card(s).

I don't care if they track purchases, I already have a human serial number and give plenty of information away when I buy firearms.

As of April, Discover credit cards will reportedly be joining a larger initiative to track when cardholders make purchases at gun stores. It also noted that even if a customer used the card to purchase non gun or ammunition items, it would still be logged as a 'gun shop' purchase.

SO, if you carrythe Discover card, from now on, USE CASH!!!
Thanks for sharing this "discovery"

I don't use credit cards period.

If you have to use money you don't have you should probably rethink the purchase.

Now if you buy with a credit card and immediately pay it off at the end of each month that's a different story.

Obviously certain situations can dictate differently.

I don't use credit cards period.

If you have to use money you don't have you should probably rethink the purchase.

Now if you buy with a credit card and immediately pay it off at the end of each month that's a different story.

Obviously certain situations can dictate differently.
Or, alternatively, you can look at credit as one of the best ways to SAVE money in the future by way of a higher credit score. Higher credit scores can save a person thousands of dollars, even tens of thousands, over their lifetime.

Or, alternatively, you can look at credit as one of the best ways to SAVE money in the future by way of a higher credit score. Higher credit scores can save a person thousands of dollars, even tens of thousands, over their lifetime.
Pass.

I like cash reward cards, filter everything through them, paying them off each month, of course. And Lo and behold, each year the credit card company buys me a new gun. This year is right at $1K for cash back rewards.

That's a win/win to me…

Had a Discover card years ago. I didn't use it for 6 months (zero balance), so they closed the account. They also reported to the credit bureaus that they closed the account, and it hurt my credit for three years.

They can duck sicks. Farg'em.

Only credit card we have is through the credit union I think its at 9.5% no cash back no miles (which we most likely wouldn't use anyway. We hardly ever use it and if we do the wife pays it back once a month from savings. Never bought a firearm on credit unless a couple weeks on layaway is something you would call credit (no interest). If I have money and see something I want I buy it if no money i control my wants.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top