JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First world problems be like...
10853fd0-9fc0-4cfc-b61d-5acc4110097d.jpg

I will weigh in with the theory that feedback exchange is more seasonal than generational.
My experience has been that feedback is exchanged slightly more than half the time, but it seems like I'll see a string of use , followed by a string of not bothering. I don't know why it's " trendy " sometimes, but not universal. My personal rule of thumb is that I respond almost immediately when the other party uses the feedback feature. A couple of recent exceptions were waiting for something to ship from the other side of the country a week long gap existed between sellers and myselves feedback. Still positive, just a lag. Another recent one was trading through the mail with a member who stated that significant health issues had arisen for them . My package was received, but I never saw anything in return. Honestly would have given my item away for free ,so not worried about it. I didn't initiate feedback on this one, and don't intend to.

If anyone has ever mentioned feedback at any point during our dealings, I do my best to see it done. If it doesn't come up , I could give a rats @$$. Never could understand the rabid desire for everyone to have their complete history accurately documented on the internet.

My personal opinion.

I provide feedback whether they do or not. Typically I provide it before I've even left the lot. You know why? Because if I don't, someone's gonna make an entire thread about it :s0118:

I just looked. You gave me feedback once. I'm not sure why. Thanks anyway!
Since I was the seller, it was likely for a box of 30-30 ammo. Lever Revolution. That's about the only thing I can think of selling that I don't explicitly remember to whom...

I will add to this that I have bought things from people many times here and they initially would have posted something like "will not hold, first to come gets it". I have at times asked in that situation or similar ones if they would be willing to hold it for a short time or whatnot and gotten a response to the effect of "yea, no problem. You have been on the site quite awhile and have a lot of positive feedback so I can do that".

Not everyone enjoys the feedback or time on here I have (many have many times more) so I would say that feedback is a very important part of the classifieds here.

I will add to this that I have bought things from people many times here and they initially would have posted something like "will not hold, first to come gets it". I have at times asked in that situation or similar ones if they would be willing to hold it for a short time or whatnot and gotten a response to the effect of "yea, no problem. You have been on the site quite awhile and have a lot of positive feedback so I can do that".

Not everyone enjoys the feedback or time on here I have (many have many times more) so I would say that feedback is a very important part of the classifieds here.
It's the purple skull. Nothing says trustworthy like a bright purple skull.

I've intended to leave feedback for every transaction but I may have missed one or two along the way. It seems like the first few years here feedback was de rigueur, but lately it seems to be a crapshoot whether you get feedback or not. I have enough positives that it doesn't matter, but it is nice to know the other party is happy with the deal.
I make a point of leaving feedback for any new member I deal with, and there have been several, all positive interactions.
I do wish we could go back to having the feedback displayed with the avatar to the left of posts.
I've even left feedback for people for something they've done that didn't involve the classifieds.

I've intended to leave feedback for every transaction but I may have missed one or two along the way. It seems like the first few years here feedback was de rigueur, but lately it seems to be a crapshoot whether you get feedback or not. I have enough positives that it doesn't matter, but it is nice to know the other party is happy with the deal.
I make a point of leaving feedback for any new member I deal with, and there have been several, all positive interactions.
I do wish we could go back to having the feedback displayed with the avatar to the left of posts.
I've even left feedback for people for something they've done that didn't involve the classifieds.
Hey, I just realized I didn't leave feed-back for you after our trade Sunday. :oops: Thanks MAN! Smooth deal*, would do business with again!
* Still feel like I owe you a primer though. :oops:

Since I was the seller, it was likely for a box of 30-30 ammo. Lever Revolution. That's about the only thing I can think of selling that I don't explicitly remember to whom...

Looks like I left you feedback too. Therefore, we are @Yarome's ideal couple. Issue resolved, nothing to see here. Thread closed.
I think I should leave feedback for you two because you've both been making me LMAO the last couple days.

I agree that after a reasonable amount of time if the other person wont leave mutually positive feedback then we should be able to remove ours.
Feedback should be a "two way street"

I would rather get no feedback than a negative one. I make it a point to leave feedback (or I did back in 2016 when I last did a transaction here. :s0092:)

At first I didn't give feedback - not sure I even knew the feature was there or thought it mattered much.

But then I started looking for feedback on buys where I was going to have to send money to someone I never met in person. That was when I realized the importance. FTF - not that big of a deal as you don't have to trust the seller that much (still the possibility of getting cheated though).

Now I try to remember - but sometimes I plain forget until I get a notice of their feedback and I remember. So much going on some of those days where I am in a transaction that it just slips my mind.

I have plenty of positive feedback so it isn't a big deal to me to get more - but I do make a point of trying to remember to give feedback to someone who has very little or is new with no feedback - otherwise they are going to struggle to sell stuff here.

One thing I would wish buyers would do though; if I ship them something, one way or the other, let me know it got to you? I try to do that for sellers.

I've had nothing but good experiences from member transactions and I've always asked for mutual feedback to be given at the end of each one.

Maybe that's my problem. I never ask for it.
This could go either way. I've had a couple members flat out tell me "no, I don't do that" so I didn't leave any for them. I've been given a "look" kinda like the dude smelled a fart. He said "yeah alright, I'll do that" but of course he didn't. I leave feedback where it's deserved, regardless. Luckily, I haven't dealt with anyone that deserved negative feedback. Receiving feedback or not doesn't really bother me all that much. I conduct business openly and fairly either way. If it's something that you're set on for a 1:1 then maybe wait until they leave feedback before you leave it for them. In that case, if both parties have the same idea about it, you could stalemate each other. I just leave the feedback and move on. Que sera sera.

Feedback should be for the tire kickers or guys that show up then ask if you'll take payments. I hate people that waste my time. Only one of me an 18 hours in the work day.

It seems a little spiteful to want to delete feedback because none was left. Like honestly, does it really matter? It's just the internet fellas. Unless the feedback was erroneous or inappropriate why worry about it?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top