JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just got back from bi-mart. Fishman John said there is a sport fishing competition right now at Hagg lake so we wont be able to fish today. We'll still go to check it out and I'll comeback again on a regular weekday so it wont be crowded. Anyways I got all the hooks, floats, baits and I got a #6 leader...:s0090:✌️

I just got my very first freshwater license today from bi-mart. 45 bucks and our friends in that store talked me into it. I told them that I just want to go fish and have a great time with family and friends.
What kind of lure do you use that for? This will be my first or 2nd time fresh water fishing. Not much experience.
There's a ton of resources online: https://myodfw.com/articles/how-fish-trout

The lure depends on the local food the trout are feeding on, so you really have to look up resources for the lakes you intend on fishing. It also changes by season.

The black and yellow Panther Martin lure I pictured works best in my local lake in the Spring.

For shoreline fishing I prefer #10 hooks for trout using Balls of Fire Green Label salmon eggs. I use about a 3/4 oz. to 1 oz. egg shaped lead weight, swivel, and 2 hooks, one with about a foot of leader, and the second with about a foot and a half.

I've been fishing since the early 1960s, and it's a casual sport for me.

If Hagg is unavailable for you , you might try the Saint Lewis ponds or even the local rivers. A worm on the bottom in slack waters is good for whatevers most anywhere.

Fishman John said there is a sport fishing competition right now at Hagg lake so we wont be able to fish today.
Never heard of such a thing. And there's no mention on a quick online search. Just some fun day tourney thing on May 4th. close the lake to the public on a weekend? Sounds "fishy"?

Never heard of such a thing. And there's no mention on a quick online search. Just some fun day tourney thing on May 4th. close the lake to the public on a weekend? Sounds "fishy"?
Perfect time to go at this time of the year. The air is from still to 7 mph the most. There are so many spot and I just hike with the family and the kitty cat.. and they really enjoy it. Seems like there is not much people around not like when you go to say Lincoln beach at this time. So my plan is, I'll be hitting it on Tuesday morning at sun up. According to the weather forecast, It'll be cloudy and 72 degrees tops and I'm thoroughly okay with that... Yoweeh!
That was a long hike and we're so hungry. I saw the kitty cat devouring her food in her mouth so full with her eyes closed. :s0090:
image4.jpeg image3.jpeg image11.jpeg image9.jpeg image5.jpeg image6.jpeg image2.jpeg 1713658362851.jpeg
1713658259541.jpeg

Last Edited:
Perfect time to go at this time of the year. The air is from still to 7 mph the most. There are so many spot and I just hike with the family and the kitty cat.. and they really enjoy it. Seems like there is not much people around not like when you go to say Lincoln beach at this time. So my plan is, I'll be hitting it on Tuesday morning at sun up. According to the weather forecast, It'll be cloudy and 72 degrees tops and I'm thoroughly okay with that... Yoweeh!
That was a long hike and we're so hungry. I saw the kitty cat devouring her food in her mouth so full with her eyes closed. :s0090:
View attachment 1866836View attachment 1866835View attachment 1866840View attachment 1866839View attachment 1866838View attachment 1866837View attachment 1866831View attachment 1866849
View attachment 1866846
Our cat has the same look. "WTF do you want?" But "Jack" only has one eye.

+1 for Hagg Lake. Lots of largemouth on the west side. Some big smallmouth & yellow perch can be found on the east side.

The Willamette River in Portland has some lunker smallmouth. Just don't try to eat them (who eats bass??!). Catch & release.

Last Edited:
+1 for Hagg Lake. Lots of largemouth on the west side. Some big smallmouth & yellow perch can be found on the east side.

The Willamette River in Portland has some lunker smallmouth. Just don't try to eat them (who eats bass??!). Catch & release.
I'm unfamiliar with creek arm s exact location. But I saw it and looks like a very nice spot. It is one of the spots I marked on the GPS. Do you have a copy of the fishing size guidelines? Thanks

1713710688651.png

I'm unfamiliar with creek arm s exact location. But I saw it and looks like a very nice spot. It is one of the spots I marked on the GPS. Do you have a copy of the fishing size guidelines? Thanks

View attachment 1867170
You could always go to one of the boat ramps, or the place on the South end of the dam during the week of the dates on this site and fish shoulder to shoulder with 50 of your new best friends?

There will likely be law enforcement there too!

You could always go to one of the boat ramps, or the place on the South end of the dam during the week of the dates on this site and fish shoulder to shoulder with 50 of your new best friends?

There will likely be law enforcement there too!
Cant wait to get some trout and drop it on my favorite pan.
I have a nice, thick 10/18 stainless steel pan that cooks like an iron skillet. Nothing sticks to this pan for I have a good way of prepping. it doesn't even have a dome shape on the middle. Totally flat and it cooks like a champ!

1713715892600.png

Yeah, I catch way more than I can eat or even fit in my freezers. Good thing I have hungry friends. Some pike and perch from this winter:

View attachment 1869061 View attachment 1869063
I know how perch eat, what are pike like?

We used to consider Western Montana/SE Idaho and Western Wyoming our play-ground for fishing/camping/fun when I lived in Utah. Madison, Ruby, Red Rock, "Borrow Pits" Clarks Fork, Beaverhead, Big Hole. Clark Canyon Res, Blackfoot Res, Henry's Lake, Gallatin R. Henry's fork of The snake. Green river, Flaming Gorge, Fontenelle Res. This was back when as long as you respected the land you were pretty much free to fish any little trickle of water. And it was amazing how those little waters held fish.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top