JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Man, its been a couple years since I completely tore down my CZ 75 BD for a thorough cleaning and I forgot about two of its well known headaches - one being the sear cage removal and disassembly and the trigger pin removal!

The trigger pin is hollow partially on both ends and needs a punch small enough to enter it and punch it out without expanding it.

Well, I custom made a punch for this and got it out with NO damage and I am considering either ordering an aftermarket floating trigger pin or trying to turn one on my lathe Small work but I might give it a try!

I really like the CZ but it has some really tiny internal parts!

IMG_20240515_171810163.jpg IMG_20240515_174010265.jpg

Last Edited:
Pretty much all of my steel or aluminum frame CZs based on the 75 series that I have disassembled (which is nearly all of them) have been treated to a Cajun Gun Works floating trigger pin. Much easier in my experience for assembly and disassembly. Making one would work also if you have the equipment. That said, ther are pretty reasonable to buy IIRC; probably cost you almost as much in shipping as the part itself.

And yes, the sear cage on a decocker adds to the fun, for sure! I refresh my memory with a couple youtube videos each time I try to tacke one of them. The safety models are easier, for sure.

Making one would work also if you have the equipment.
Yea I might chuck up a a piece of round stock in the lathe tomorrow and give it a try.

Pretty small work, as it's only .086 in diameter, but its pretty basic so I might be successful!

Yea, word is on a few sites the original trigger pins don't last through more than a couple removals without getting damaged beyond further use - OR frames get damaged from them NOT being properly removed. I saw some pics of this! Ugly!

Last Edited:
75 BD back together and working nicely!

I found a couple really good YT sites that had some experienced instruction on some of the 'quirky' CZ issues.

I was able to save the trigger pin with some oil stoning but will still order the floating pin and replace it.

IMG_20240518_115502810.jpg IMG_20240517_140049830.jpg

Last Edited:
75 BD back together and working nicely!

I found a couple really good YT sites that had some experienced instruction on some of the 'quirky' CZ issues.

I was able to save the trigger pin with some oil stoning but will still order the floating pin and replace it.

View attachment 1883627 View attachment 1883628
Yes ditch the trigger pin got a floating one and get some extra springs while you are at it. I believe it is meant to be replaced with a new one when you remove it for sure that's the case with the firing pin retainer.

Yes ditch the trigger pin got a floating one and get some extra springs while you are at it. I believe it is meant to be replaced with a new one when you remove it for sure that's the case with the firing pin retainer.
Yea, the trigger pin obviously ain't a 'forever' part for sure!

The firing pin retainer is just a common roll pin so no issue with that and I was able to reuse mine - with a little 'clean up' on the oilstone as well.

Question - so does the floating trigger pin install with hand pressure and stay relatively 'free' - or is it still a little 'snug' in the hole?

Yea, the trigger pin obviously ain't a 'forever' part for sure!

The firing pin retainer is just a common roll pin so no issue with that and I was able to reuse mine - with a little 'clean up' on the oilstone as well.

Question - so does the floating trigger pin install with hand pressure and stay relatively 'free' - or is it still a little 'snug' in the hole?
It's reasonably snug but you can push it out with hand pressure and a punch. The main retention is achieved through the trigger return spring I believe. Almost every competitive CZ shooter uses them and the pin failing in some way is pretty rare. That is with very high round counts and hard use.

After I started having problems with mine cycling, I treated it to a ultrasonic bath. The gunk that came out of that thing was appalling.
Yea, I really cleaned a lot of gunk out of mine!

However I am guilty of probably over-lubing my semi autos. That and the fairly dusty enviro I live in doesn't help.

This time however I lightly sprayed everything with a new lube I discovered, wiped it dry, and as I reassembled it I only LIGHTLY applied oil to all the moving parts.

Upcoming Events

Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top