JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Greetings,

Never would I have ever thought I would be considering hunting cougar. I am from the East Coast and cougar are just a different thing there, sightings are rare and as far as I know there is no need for management.

I purchased the tag after doing some reading of the ODFW management plan (http://www.dfw.state.or.us/wildlife/cougar/docs/cougarPLAN-Final.pdf) and after a conversation with a hardcore elk hunter. A buddy of mine and I are going out for spring bear and I already have a fall bear tag. With as much time in the woods as I am about to spend in the next 6 months I figured why not. There are some interesting recipes and most the stuff out there say it cooks and tastes a lot like lean pork. I have some calls, know where there are some cats, and if anything just look forward to another excuse to being in the woods.

I am curious if there are folks out who pursue cougars, and if so are people able to be successful calling them in.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top