JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I also have watched many of the videos on this guy's channel. He is a civil rights attorney who appears to specialize in cases where law enforcement has violated individuals' Constitutional Rights. I think most of us on this forum are supporters of law enforcement, but the videos he posts (the cops own bodycams) clearly show frequent abuse of their authority, often egregiously so. I think the use of bodycams is good for the public and also for the police...
I imagine others on this forum have viewed the recent bodycam video of a District Attorney in New York (Sandra Doorley) who refused to stop for a traffic violation and phoned the local Police Chief during the interaction requesting the Chief intervene in the traffic stop. She basically refused to cooperate insisting she was the traffic officer's superior. It is a text book example of a person in authority attempting to get special treatment from another civil servant. Thankfully it was caught on camera and it now raises multiple concerns about her character, including past testimony she had provided in a courtroom.

This is the same agency of the acorn cop.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JykpgYNHW28

The cop had time to do a lot but decided to charge in blindly a kill someone.
Yes, he did - such as retreat to the wall to the right with what looks like another walkway behind it, take cover and concealment and then issue commands.

However - at the same time I have to agree the Airman should NOT have answered the door with a gun in his hand.

Mistakes by both.

I also have watched many of the videos on this guy's channel. He is a civil rights attorney who appears to specialize in cases where law enforcement has violated individuals' Constitutional Rights. I think most of us on this forum are supporters of law enforcement, but the videos he posts (the cops own bodycams) clearly show frequent abuse of their authority, often egregiously so. I think the use of bodycams is good for the public and also for the police...
I imagine others on this forum have viewed the recent bodycam video of a District Attorney in New York (Sandra Doorley) who refused to stop for a traffic violation and phoned the local Police Chief during the interaction requesting the Chief intervene in the traffic stop. She basically refused to cooperate insisting she was the traffic officer's superior. It is a text book example of a person in authority attempting to get special treatment from another civil servant. Thankfully it was caught on camera and it now raises multiple concerns about her character, including past testimony she had provided in a courtroom.
" ...I'll take, Public servants who don't serve the public for 1000, Alex"

Yeah, I watch his channel and Audit the Audit quite frequently. It's pretty eye opening and has taught me a lot about the laws and how the apply - and vary - throughout the country.

The number of cops that don't know jack bubblegum about the constitution and how it applies to their jobs is also alarming.

Seems to me the cop could have pointed his gun right at the guy and told him to drop the weapon. If guy doesn't comply then lights out. If he does comply then can continue. But like I say I'm not a Leo so only from my layman's perspective. The body language of the guy was not threatening but of course the gun in hand is threatening.

Contrast with that pedo the Seattle cops shot when they were waiting for pedo in hotel room. In that case the guy was obviously drawing weapon to shoot the cops.

View: https://youtu.be/-ffFB1lEfxE?si=kSZsws67LGBs3CJq

Last Edited:
The number of cops that don't know jack bubblegum about the constitution is also alarming.
That - and (on A T A) how many cops will lie, and order people to do this and that, often in contrast to what the law might actually be, or allow.

OR if the LEO does NOT know a particular law they will lie, and just make it up as they go.

Last Edited:
If I'm sitting around in my house (or apartment) and someone (anybody) bangs on my front door that aggressively I would immediately be on guard. Unnecessary and not normal. Wouldn't matter what was shouted at me through the door. That said, not a good idea to open the front door with a gun in your hand.

Other than that, zero aggression from the occupant.

Cop reacted like a drama queen who's in over his head.

I wonder if that was a property manager or representative of the owner who sent the cop to the wrong door.

Lawyers are going to make a good dollar on this one......

Ditto this! It WAS my first thought as well, IE how unnecessary the banging and loud voice was.

Fear and insecurity showing well....
I think that's normal for cops as far as I know. One time when there were still cops in Pdx a car got hit accross the street. In wee hours of morning cop bang bang bang crazy loud on door. I mean really really loud over and over. We were asleep and Ffreaked me out but I verified who it was before I opened the door. This was before we had cameras. Nowadays they would never do that here cuz they would never respond. This was in the pre cesspool days.

IMHO......sound advice for any home owner, renter, etc.....

1715374739383.png

I was thinking about that incident the other day.

So then.....well, YEAH.....if, someone comes a knocking (whom I wasn't expecting). Well, I'm armed.

BUT, But, but....having a firearm in your hand and answering the door. It's not an idea, that I'd go with (even though I own this home).

I mean.....when I answer the door, I could just have a revolver/pistol in my hand while still keeping it hidden/concealed within my jacket pocket.

As for looking through the peep hole and seeing a uniformed police officer?

Well, say it this way.....I've been on BOTH sides of the door.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Seems to me the cop could have pointed his gun right at the guy and told him to drop the weapon. If guy doesn't comply then lights out. If he does comply then can continue. But like I say I'm not a Leo so only from my layman's perspective. The body language of the guy was not threatening but of course the gun in hand is threatening.

Contrast with that pedo the Seattle cops shot when they were waiting for pedo in hotel room. In that case the guy was obviously drawing weapon to shoot the cops.

View: https://youtu.be/-ffFB1lEfxE?si=kSZsws67LGBs3CJq
I agree, the cop already had his gun out & pointed--seems like he would have had time to say, 'drop it' before shooting

Well over 100 years of movies have established that someone who shoots another in the back is not honorable, yet it seems like I'm reading about cops shooting folks in the back all the time...

IMHO......sound advice for any home owner, renter, etc.....

View attachment 1879387

I was thinking about that incident the other day.

So then.....well, YEAH.....if, someone comes a knocking (whom I wasn't expecting). Well, I'm armed.

BUT, But, but....having a firearm in your hand and answering the door. It's not an idea, that I'd go with (even though I own this home).

I mean.....when I answer the door, I could just have a revolver/pistol in my hand while still keeping it hidden/concealed within my jacket pocket.

As for looking through the peep hole and seeing a uniformed police officer?

Well, say it this way.....I've been on BOTH sides of the door.

Aloha, Mark
Last time cops knocked & I answered was 15 years ago. I opened the door with my Desert Eagle in my hand & pointed at the floor-- two cops were there and this was at 2am. I placed my gun up under my left armpit and they asked me if I would answer a few questions about the annoying neighbor, then I went back to sleep

Yes, he did - such as retreat to the wall to the right with what looks like another walkway behind it, take cover and concealment and then issue commands.

However - at the same time I have to agree the Airman should NOT have answered the door with a gun in his hand.

Mistakes by both.
But the airman paid a bit too much for his innocent/ perhaps stupid mistake and LEO gets beneficial legal standing /defensive presumptions to avoid accountability for his. Someone even recognized out loud on the tape that the gun made the shooting ok. Legally, maybe, bit morally, not at all.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top