JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Mods - not sure if this is the best place for this, but I couldn't find a more applicable location, feel free to move it if necessary.

Okay, I'm always interested in finding interesting things to shoot at, not just with guns, but with slingshots, blowguns, etc. Everyone knows reactive targets are more fun than static targets ;), so I wanted to share what I found on YouTube. This is a video from the "King of Random". He uses plain old water bottles and a few cheap parts to create pressurized bottle 'bomb' targets that explode with a huge boom. You can add chalk powder to the bottles for a nice cloud of smoke too!

Now these would likely get you in trouble if you tried them in the average neighborhood, and likely most ranges would frown on these, so they'll probably be best for outdoor shooting away from neighborhoods. Just note that when these blow up, they do send plastic all over - please, please, if you do use these in public spaces, know your laws and be sure to clean up after yourself :)

Enjoy!

Last Edited:
It is by definition NOT AN EXPLOSIVE any more then a car tire! It is also not a destructive device as it employs nothing but air. NOW, change that to a flammable gas like like propane and you are breaking the law!

It is by definition NOT AN EXPLOSIVE any more then a car tire! It is also not a destructive device as it employs nothing but air. NOW, change that to a flammable gas like like propane and you are breaking the law!

Actually, he had a video linked to this one where he was making rockets using coke bottles and liquid butane (he tried propane and it didn't work), it was pretty cool, and highly flammable, which he demonstrated on the last rocket ;) Interesting thing is that the butane mixing with the coke makes a nice propellant under intense pressure - even if you don't light it.

Ah what the heck, here is the coke/butane rocket video:

If you haven't figured it out yet, this guy is a lot of fun to watch.

Practically free? Not anymore in Oregon! Those suckers have a 10¢ deposit each! Also, way too much mess, and non-biodegradable.

Perhaps not for long - biodegradable water bottles are already on the market, not wide spread yet, but I imagine the industry will be pushed that direction eventually. As it stands, recycling rates for bottles, even with .10 deposits is still fairly low. Plus, many states still don't do bottle deposits - as I recall, WA state doesn't have them yet?

Perhaps not for long - biodegradable water bottles are already on the market, not wide spread yet, but I imagine the industry will be pushed that direction eventually. As it stands, recycling rates for bottles, even with .10 deposits is still fairly low. Plus, many states still don't do bottle deposits - as I recall, WA state doesn't have them yet?
I'm not driving to Washington for water bottles, and "biodegradable" corn-based bottles are not the answer: Corn plastic sounds great, but it's tough to recycle and may foul systems

You can not shoot homemade targets on public lands that are not made of paper, or manufactured for that purpose. Idk if this also falls under explosive targets either. Great for private lands tho... like I said, I like the idea.

It's on the Oregon Forest Lands website, and one of their rules. I'm supposing that their rules are law... could be wrong tho. LoL

Mods - not sure if this is the best place for this, but I couldn't find a more applicable location, feel free to move it if necessary.

Okay, I'm always interested in finding interesting things to shoot at, not just with guns, but with slingshots, blowguns, etc. Everyone knows reactive targets are more fun than static targets ;), so I wanted to share what I found on YouTube. This is a video from the "King of Random". He uses plain old water bottles and a few cheap parts to create pressurized bottle 'bomb' targets that explode with a huge boom. You can add chalk powder to the bottles for a nice cloud of smoke too!

Now these would likely get you in trouble if you tried them in the average neighborhood, and likely most ranges would frown on these, so they'll probably be best for outdoor shooting away from neighborhoods. Just note that when these blow up, they do send plastic all over - please, please, if you do use these in public spaces, know your laws and be sure to clean up after yourself :)

Enjoy!

I'll bet his neighbors just loooove him! You see those houses?

You can not shoot homemade targets on public lands that are not made of paper, or manufactured for that purpose. Idk if this also falls under explosive targets either. Great for private lands tho... like I said, I like the idea.

It's on the Oregon Forest Lands website, and one of their rules. I'm supposing that their rules are law... could be wrong tho. LoL

Yeah.....That's why we never have to go out and clean up shooting sites. o_O

Anyway, I hope I don't ever catch flack from the man when I'm shooting plastic bottles/jugs. It's fun to make 'em dance down the range, they don't get blasted to pieces and they're easy to pick up and take home to the recycling can.

Just freeze water in a pie plate or Tupperware sandwich box. The best part is you don't have to pickup anything.

Great idea! I've also seen a silicone ice-tray that actually turns out targets - this one is called the Eco Target:

e6d856b23176ec76d9ac46845995b386.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA

New Classified Ads

Back Top