JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Isn't 22WMR and 22 Mag the same cartridge different name?
Yes, 22wmr = 22mag.

I have owned several RUGER brand single action revolvers with 2 cylinders in the past.

Single six convertibles = 22wmr (22mag.) and 22lr.

Plus a few 22wmr rifles too.

Cate

Some man on another forum (NOT on this website.) wanted to change his older (?) RUGER BEARCAT which is ONLY a 22lr s/a revolver around and make it into a 22 WMR handgun.

I personally thought that he was a FOOL to mess up a good RUGER Bearcat whether it was an older or newer one.

I would buy another cylinder instead of screwing around with this project. NO offense meant towards you when I say this.

Take care.

Cate

Some man on another forum (NOT on this website.) wanted to change his older (?) RUGER BEARCAT which is ONLY a 22lr s/a revolver around and make it into a 22 WMR handgun.

I personally thought that he was a FOOL to mess up a good RUGER Bearcat whether it was an older or newer one.

I would buy another cylinder instead of screwing around with this project. NO offense meant towards you when I say this.

Take care.

Cate
The rough riders are borderline pot metal junk guns. I won't feel too bad if I turn my 6 shooter junk gun into a 5 shooter junk gun:)

The rough riders are borderline pot metal junk guns. I won't feel too bad if I turn my 6 shooter junk gun into a 5 shooter junk gun:)
Okay and I never owned one or shot one.

I have heard of the name brand before but I really do not know much about them at all.

I would just hate to see a good gun messed up.

Example: My MT husband owned an OLD MODEL Bearcat many moons ago and he wanted to gift it to me. I told him that I LIKED IT but I preferred my own guns. So he sold it and it was famous for the RUGER year just like one of his OLD Colt Woodsman pistols - Vintage 1934 (?) First Model (?) or so. He sold that one but offered it to me first. I never saw his OTHER Colt Woodsman pistols. I knew about them but I did see his LAST Woodsman pistol and I told him that I still liked my OWN handguns more.

Plus when it comes to single action revolvers in RF (22wmr/22lr and ONE in 22lr alone which was a special run.) and in several CF calibers - I have ONLY owned the RUGER brand name.

Plus the one black powder s/a revolver which I never did shoot before my late husband died and it was an Italian brand - well known brand and in a 1851 (?) Navy style which I can't remember the EXACT name or year/model right now. I gifted that gun to D. back east before I moved out west.

Cate

Last Edited:
Okay and I never owned one or shot one.

I have heard of the name brand before but I really do not know much about them at all.

I would just hate to see a good gun messed up.

Example: My MT husband owned an OLD MODEL Bearcat many moons ago and he wanted to gift it to me. I told him that I LIKED IT but I preferred my own guns. So he sold it and it was famous for the RUGER year just like one of his OLD Colt Woodsman pistols - Vintage 1934 (?) First Model (?) or so. He sold that one but offered it to me first. I never saw his OTHER Colt Woodsman pistols. I knew about them but I did see his LAST Woodsman pistol and I told him that I still liked my OWN handguns more.

Plus when it comes to single action revolvers in RF (22wmr/22lr and ONE in 22lr alone which was a special run.) and in several CF calibers - I have ONLY owned the RUGER brand name.

Plus the one black powder s/a revolver which I never did shoot before my late husband died and it was an Italian brand - well known brand and in a 1851 (?) Navy style which I can't remember the EXACT name or year/model right now. I gifted that gun to D. back east before I moved out west.

Cate
Pietta, or Uberti maybe

Pietta, or Uberti maybe
It is one or the other but I will be dipped if I remember the EXACT brand name. It was a famous name brand Italian company in the late 90's to 2001. It is still famous or those names still are. I bought it where I bought my other guns back east - same family owned store.

It was really pretty. I can picture it in my head now too. NAVY or 1851 Navy something replica was the type of model.

I gave D the gun and the entire 'works' of black powder STUFF to make ammo for it.

The powder came in a red can (NOT positive there on the color or name now!) (Maybe 1 pound?) plus my favorite salesman - dealer who was INTO b/p shooting and a champion shooter and not only at Camp Perry put every single thing TOGETHER for me that I would need for that gun. Soon after I bought it, I was going to try it out with my late husband and we did not have the time to do it together. I did not push it with everything else going on with his health and super fast decline.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top