JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Abby is going to be pissed if Josh divorces her and marries Brittany.
Despite all the jokes I am thinking the actual reality here has to be closer to polygamy than anything else. They just needed a name to put on the certificate and flipped a coin or something right? I cannot imagine the reality can be anything but that, as it is not like he could ever spend time with either one of them alone. All his interaction with either one come with the context that they are both always right there 100% of the time.

Despite all the jokes I am thinking the actual reality here has to be closer to polygamy than anything else.
Well, good point however in a 'normal' situation of polygamy one would not necessarily HAVE to spend the same time with spouses (providing they were 'individual').

However in this case I do not see it as 'polygamous' as he married only ONE of them.

This is a unique situation now doubt, with few like in in history.

A good comparison would be Chang and Eng Bunker, the conjoined brothers of the mid 1800's.

However in this case I do not see it as 'polygamous' as he married only ONE of them.
Did he really though? It is not like our system has provisions for putting more than two names on the form even if they wanted to. Granted I do not know how they worked this out, but I find it hard to imagine that sexy fun times (or any other intimate and personal times) are going to come with blindfolds and earplugs for one party in the arrangement. Especially since my understanding is the girls share some neurological crossover (though one is dominant right? I never cared to find out how that works for them), which would make other kinds of stimulation kinda awkward if they did not have some understanding.

It seems to me the only real practical option is he married both of them, and just put one name on the certificate because there wasn't another option.

But, you know, this is all speculation. If they came to other arrangements then good for them I guess. They can figure out how all the other stuff works. Maybe tattoo in demarcation lines for when things get frisky?

Did he really though? It is not like our system has provisions for putting more than two names on the form even if they wanted to. Granted I do not know how they worked this out, but I find it hard to imagine that sexy fun times (or any other intimate and personal times) are going to come with blindfolds and earplugs for one party in the arrangement. Especially since my understanding is the girls share some neurological crossover (though one is dominant right? I never cared to find out how that works for them), which would make other kinds of stimulation kinda awkward if they did not have some understanding.

It seems to me the only real practical option is he married both of them, and just put one name on the certificate because there wasn't another option.

But, you know, this is all speculation. If they came to other arrangements then good for them I guess. They can figure out how all the other stuff works. Maybe tattoo in demarcation lines for when things get frisky?
You mean like boundaries that can't be crossed?

And if the other half of that sister falls in love with someone else and decides to get married, how's that work? Do they have to work out an equitable schedule, one sister gets Christmas this year, the other new years, then switch next year?

:eek:

You mean like boundaries that can't be crossed?

And if the other half of that sister falls in love with someone else and decides to get married, how's that work? Do they have to work out an equitable schedule, one sister gets Christmas this year, the other new years, then switch next year?

:eek:
Valentines day would be more interesting. The other holidays are easier to solve as you just share one large house with various personal demarcation lines.

I actually went and read the linked wiki article, specifically the part about their physiology. Above the navel they are basically two full people; two hearts, (nearly) two sets of lungs, two stomachs. They each get control of one arm and on leg, but below the navel they do share organs; one intestinal tract, one bladder, one liver etc. They share stimulation along the mid-line, but there is very little crossover past that.

One important observation; human anatomy puts the interesting bits ("etc." from above) on the midline, so none of these technicalities really resolves that conundrum, unless there are details that their physiology write up omits. And even if that were the case there are still questions, as you can be half dressed, but not really that kind of half dressed, knowhatimean?

Of course we are overlooking another solution; they could just have a sexless relationship, and the issue of cross-stimulation never comes up. Not sure how being married would really change a close relationship like that, other than letting two of the participants share finances more easily, but there are people who do that out of convenience sake, and they don't even have the complexities of being cojoined with anyone. If that is their arrangement then they just have a close three way friendship where two of those friends mingled legalities and maybe engage in a little more touchy-feely than the other one.

So, knowing all that, I am betting on either of only two really viable options; something more akin to polygamy, or something more akin to roommates (with no benefits). But again, I have no idea what they worked out, and while it is curious I maintain that I do not actually want to know. It is their personal life and the fact that their physiology is public available to the extent that it is is honestly more than I would have ever expected. Good luck to them not matter how they think they have it sorted out.

Valentines day would be more interesting. The other holidays are easier to solve as you just share one large house with various personal demarcation lines.

I actually went and read the linked wiki article, specifically the part about their physiology. Above the navel they are basically two full people; two hearts, (nearly) two sets of lungs, two stomachs. They each get control of one arm and on leg, but below the navel they do share organs; one intestinal tract, one bladder, one liver etc. They share stimulation along the mid-line, but there is very little crossover past that.

One important observation; human anatomy puts the interesting bits ("etc." from above) on the midline, so none of these technicalities really resolves that conundrum, unless there are details that their physiology write up omits. And even if that were the case there are still questions, as you can be half dressed, but not really that kind of half dressed, knowhatimean?

Of course we are overlooking another solution; they could just have a sexless relationship, and the issue of cross-stimulation never comes up. Not sure how being married would really change a close relationship like that, other than letting two of the participants share finances more easily, but there are people who do that out of convenience sake, and they don't even have the complexities of being cojoined with anyone. If that is their arrangement then they just have a close three way friendship where two of those friends mingled legalities and maybe engage in a little more touchy-feely than the other one.

So, knowing all that, I am betting on either of only two really viable options; something more akin to polygamy, or something more akin to roommates (with no benefits). But again, I have no idea what they worked out, and while it is curious I maintain that I do not actually want to know. It is their personal life and the fact that their physiology is public available to the extent that it is is honestly more than I would have ever expected. Good luck to them not matter how they think they have it sorted out.
So Josh only gets half a hug…. How sad for him.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews