JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I remember the first time I got to use a CAR-15 and I actually absolutely HATED it (for a short while, LOL) because I was so acclimated to the M16A1.

The bare buffer tube made it feel like I couldn't get a decent cheek-weld when sighting my targets and it was terribly distracting to me at first.

Although I have a couple full-length rifle variants, nowadays "carbine" variants are pretty much the only way I roll.

Walken-Cowbell.jpg

Needs more John Wayne!
Vietnam_Tiger_Stripe_Pattern_2000x.jpg

I desperately want to do a clone of this!

The hard part is the stock.

If I could find a stock at a reasonable price, I'd be "all in" on this!

There are people making reproductions, but the lead times and cost are discouraging.

WMB

Hello all-

One company is called "Ordnance Research" $799

The other is called "DNA Guns". This one is on Facebook, and I am not certain they are still in business.

Sorry, I don't know how to embed a link in my posts.

The Ordnance Research product gets very high marks. Biggest complaint is (no surprise) the price.

In the interest of passing more information, I have heard of trying to adapt Airsoft stocks, but have never found a report from anyone that did it.

Another interesting part of building a clone is the markings applied to the receiver. I have seen one where the cloner used an 80% and had all of the correct markings/information engraved on it.

Not sure I would go that far! I am considering an H&R M16A1 receiver (semi of course).

Best regards.

WMB

I desperately want to do a clone of this!

The hard part is the stock.

If I could find a stock at a reasonable price, I'd be "all in" on this!

There are people making reproductions, but the lead times and cost are discouraging.

WMB
Not a Drop in Fit/Plug and Play, but a fairly easy conversion, and super close to the real deal!
Get on their notify me list, this is a super hot ticket item and they are pretty quick at getting them in, and are super quick at shipping!

Message me if you get one, I can walk you through the swap/conversion!

Not a Drop in Fit/Plug and Play, but a fairly easy conversion, and super close to the real deal!
Get on their notify me list, this is a super hot ticket item and they are pretty quick at getting them in, and are super quick at shipping!

Message me if you get one, I can walk you through the swap/conversion!
Those things seem like they are eternally out of stock. I've been the restock notify list for quite a while… ever since you pointed me toward 'em.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews