JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was just TV channel surfing and caught this little gem: Lightfoot on 'The Late Show with Stephen Colbert' answers the Chicago deep dish question
Colbert noted Chicago's strict anti-gun laws have not stopped shooting deaths, and Lightfoot lamented about the porous Indiana and Wisconsin borders.

"Well, part of the challenge for Chicago is we're right door to Indiana where you can literally drive on the border and get military-grade weapons in any quantity without a background check. And then they bring them back into the city of Chicago."

She's lying. No surprise, as a politician.
Background checks apply.
From NRA-ILA:
Exempt from the instant check are law enforcement officers; holders of an Indiana concealed carry license; and transactions between licensed firearms importers, collectors, firearms manufacturers or dealers. In some instances, a federal instant check is required.

Refuse to listen to uneducated Soros/Bloomberg puppets...

Is there really any state in the union where one can purchase "military grade weapons, in any quantity, without a background check?"

I mean criminals are going to be criminals and whenever the government makes it more difficult to get something there's always the black market. But for Joe or Jane Average, can one really go to Indiana and purchase "military grade weapons, in any quantity, without a background check?"

Me thinks not...

But Sh!tcargo has had Democrat rule for nearly a century, see how well that works out don't we...

I think that most of problem children with guns in and around Chicago , did not get their guns from Indiana...but bought stolen guns from another criminal or stole the guns themselves...
But what do I know..?
Andy

Nothing can "fix" the cultural or behavioral problems that the Democrats have carefully cultivated.

Chicago is exactly the way they want it to be.

Nothing will change. Why would an uneducated punk want a job for minimum wage when they can sell drugs, rob and steal.

One of the significant societal factors that contributes to destabilization and unrest is inequality. Most politicians focus their rhetoric on income and wealth inequality but the evidence, both scientific and anecdotal, indicates it's actually inequality of opportunity.

Chicago is a great example; there are major areas of stark poverty within blocks of notable wealth. The political class has structured the game so it's nearly impossible for those born in poor neighborhoods to improve their condition without dependence on government - and thus a permanent voting base.

But also a population looking for the means to break away from their effective cast. Violence is the means most readily at hand. Firearms are just the tool; a commodity.

The problem is real but the cause won't be addressed as long as it keeps the ruling class in power.

Refuse to listen to uneducated Soros/Bloomberg puppets...

Is there really any state in the union where one can purchase "military grade weapons, in any quantity, without a background check?"

I mean criminals are going to be criminals and whenever the government makes it more difficult to get something there's always the black market. But for Joe or Jane Average, can one really go to Indiana and purchase "military grade weapons, in any quantity, without a background check?"

Me thinks not...

But Sh!tcargo has had Democrat rule for nearly a century, see how well that works out don't we...

We know that but the GP watches this and believes it to be true, the truth needs to be steamrolling the airwaves.
Same old same old....
Lying is not illegal to any party.:mad:

Are the 'law abiding folk' leaving chit-cago to get away from the lawlessness?

I hope so...

Once the good people are gone, the criminals can have chit-cago.

Degenerate.
Build a wall around that place and keep them from moving out and ruining neighboring states/areas.

So she wants to prohibit people from exercising their 2A rights by "partnering with Federal partners" to look across state lines, but actively encourages illegal immigration and welfare graft/identity theft.

Demorats in a nutshell.

Lots of mayors and ruling elite from places where gun control is king and crime runs rampant use the same excuse.

My question to them is, if (your place) is a violent cesspool because (neighboring place) has lax gun laws... WHY is (neighboring place) not a violent cesspool like (your place)?

In this particular case I'd wager that Gary, IN is a violent cesspool because of its proximity to Chicago, not the other way around. We don't hear much about the insane murder count in Indiana.

Obviously there is no cogent answer to that, only talking points about socioeconomic and cultural differences, racism, and then the inevitable name calling.

Last Edited:
If it was so damn easy to get Military grade weapons of mass death just across the state lines, that state would be flooded with gun buyers from all over the nation waiting in lines miles long to get one of those Military Grade Weapons!
Sadly, at one time in this great nation, I could mail $29.99 to the Dept of the Army for a slightly used Browning BAR and have it delivered by the local friendly postman right to my front door! At the same time, I could mail off $11.99 to Hiram Maxum and have him ship me one of his nifty Silencers, again delivered by the local postal service!

That's the way this was supposed to work, I want it back Dammit

The problem is bad parenting, along with the economic issues.

These people, as well as, all the other major (Dem) cities is the mentality has forever shifted. Those people will NEVER live a law abiding, responsible life.
And they have kids they teach to be losers and criminals, they beat down mentally and teach them the only way in the is to hussle, lie, cheat, steal, and hurt your neighbor to help yourself.

They have the mentality that I'm all that matters. Watch out for number 1. When kids grow up with parents with that mentality they will be damaged goods for the rest of their life.

No society with that mentality will ever survive, or thrive.

This is the same mayor who was on the front page of the Chicago Tribune the week after her election saying "there is no question" that she would be raising taxes to cover the city budget gap. Later she tried to backpedal by promising to look for ways to cut spending, which is the solution she proposed during her campaign, but everyone knows that Democrats see taxes as the never-ending solution to any problem.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top