JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Since we spend so much time making sure we reload carefully, i would like my brass to be easier to polish. Ive got the tumbler deal. But from the shoulder up most cases have a heavy black coating on it. Why?

Are you looking at the factory annealing around the shoulder up to the case mouth? Commonly seen on 5.56 and 7.62 military but also consumer cases.
annealing.jpg
IF yes, this will come off in wet polishing with chips and look like this:

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 11.26.19 AM.png

^^^^ What he said.^^^^
I was using RCBS case lube years ago and had this happen with corncob media, I cannot explain why but ceased using it and went with the Lanolin/Heat concoction. My brass is so clean and my hands are so soft now...:D

Was watching a Jerry Miculek video the other day. He has so much brass to reload that he uses a concrete mixer [with water and dish soap]! Of note, when the dry media used for polishing gets dirty, he washes it in the concrete mixer and then air dries it. And then reuses the media.

^^^^ What he said.^^^^
I was using RCBS case lube years ago and had this happen with corncob media, I cannot explain why but ceased using it and went with the Lanolin/Heat concoction. My brass is so clean and my hands are so soft now...:D
Like the stuff next to your night stand? Haha
Where and what do I buy? This thread is getting dirty in a weird way

Was watching a Jerry Miculek video the other day. He has so much brass to reload that he uses a concrete mixer [with water and dish soap]! Of note, when the dry media used for polishing gets dirty, he washes it in the concrete mixer and then air dries it. And then reuses the media.

Wish I had those problems lol:D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads