JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$750
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
City
Hillsboro
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Bought new in November of 2022. No issues with glass or function, just downsizing my optics collection and focusing more on compact optics for travel.

$800 FTF in Hillsboro area.

My impressions:
  • The Canon has a very flat and sharp field, that is usable nearly to the edges. Very useful when picking apart a mountainside or drainage, whether panning slowly or fixed looking for movement.
  • It has their premium "ultra-low dispersion (UD) glass elements", but not the dual element of the flagship 10x42.
  • I compared to the latest 15x56 SLC, both on tripods, and the Swaro had better contrast to my eyes, and was brighter (56mm), but I could see the same level of detail with the Canon using makeshift optical targets for resolution. The Swaro has a beautiful image, but the Canon is stabilized so it can be used handheld more effectively. Even on a tripod, the image stabilization can be helpful in windy conditions.
  • I also owned the original SIG 16x42 (grey) and the Canon were noticeably better to my eyes. I compared to the new SIG 16x42 HDX (tan), and again the Canon was noticeably better to me. Both SIGs have great stabilization, but the image is blurry at the edges with off-axis aberration. The Canon also has the threaded hole in the bottom, like a spotting scope, so mounting to a tripod is straight forward if desired.
I did trim the eyecups, which is somewhat common with owners of the 50mm Canons. The rubber cups were huge, and didn't work with eyeglasses or without. Trimming the cups fixed that for both cases. I will include the bino bandit eye shield, which works great for shading the oculars. Replacement eyecups are available, and I believe some aftermarket options exist.

Questions? Shoot me a message. Thanks.

PXL_20240518_144551539 - Copy.jpg PXL_20240518_013405509 - Copy.jpg PXL_20240518_013455646 - Copy.jpg PXL_20240518_013425542 - Copy.jpg PXL_20240518_013439012 - Copy.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top