JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Canadian super-pigs are coming.
Sooo, what kind of Canadian pig are we talking about here...?

1700718238504.png

" fish breeders of Idaho " near Haegerman Idaho raised approximately 10,000 gators for meat harvesting. They no longer do this , but it's obviously doable. Hot springs are the key.
Holy cow. I had no idea.

As an ex-Floridian, this is going to require some alcohol and long conversation with my father and brother to process. Fortunately tomorrow is an excellent day to do that… ;)

(To clarify: we grew up around Louisville KY but moved to FL in the mid 80s). We all slowly moved to the PNW in the late 90s/early 00s).

That's why I'm terribly familiar with gators in my back yard, but did not know it was also an Idaho thing…

Oh, this is going to be a funny conversation at dinner tomorrow.

Last Edited:
Launching .308 from a 12" barrel would be interesting. To quote the immortal words of Jimi Hendrix, "let me stand next to your fire'a".
I've long been toying with the idea of a 10.3" fixed (ie, Mk 18) or 12.5" takedown (ie, GAU-5 ASDW) concept scaled up to an AR10, maybe something like the SFAR, but in .30-06 shooting Garand ammo. (Why Garand? AP Ball M2, the only civilian-legal armor-piercing rounds.)

You heard it here first. And it's not our southern border with the cartel state. It's the northern one with the communist Trudeau.

A population of hard-to-eradicate 'super pigs' in Canada is threatening to invade the US

That's right, Canadian super-pigs are coming.

"Best caliber for super-pigs" should let us take a welcome break from bear caliber food-fiights. Hopefully Texas will enter the chat.
Based on recent threats, I'd say a Nomex® fire suit is appropriate.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top