JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I went up to my propery today to post private property signs and trail cameras and guess who rolls up? Comes in flying on that same white quad and jumps off. We'll, slowly slids off. Yelling something but I can't understand him. I get closer and tell him I was hoping to run into him today. He looks puzzled that I know him...

He goes on to say that it is private property and that we're trespassing. lol. I then explain I'm the owner and that he is trespassing and that I know about the incident with my campers. He tells me overnight camping is not allowed. At this point I wasn't sure what he was trying to do but I wasn't there to make enemies with a local.

I explained in detail where my property boundaries were and how zoning laws work. He seemed to finally get it. I asked him to put himself in the shoes of my campers and he agreed that no one legally camping shouldn't have to deal with a random dude on a quad yelling at them and threatening their lives.

In the end I think he's just a guy who is fed up with homeless people trashing "his" playground. We ended up shaking hands and joking around with each other. He even said he'd continue to patrol the area (I know) but stay off my property and text me updates. He was nice enough to take my trashbag home so that I wouldn't have to haul it back to Portland. He will be picking up the trash from my trash bin once a week as well.

I was stressed about my nwxt campers coming this Friday, but now I feel good. The best possible outcome in a very unexpected way.

I went up to my propery today to post private property signs and trail cameras and guess who rolls up? Comes in flying on that same white quad and jumps off. We'll, slowly slids off. Yelling something but I can't understand him. I get closer and tell him I was hoping to run into him today. He looks puzzled that I know him...

He goes on to say that it is private property and that we're trespassing. lol. I then explain I'm the owner and that he is trespassing and that I know about the incident with my campers. He tells me overnight camping is not allowed. At this point I wasn't sure what he was trying to do but I wasn't there to make enemies with a local.

I explained in detail where my property boundaries were and how zoning laws work. He seemed to finally get it. I asked him to put himself in the shoes of my campers and he agreed that no one legally camping shouldn't have to deal with a random dude on a quad yelling at them and threatening their lives.

In the end I think he's just a guy who is fed up with homeless people trashing "his" playground. We ended up shaking hands and joking around with each other. He even said he'd continue to patrol the area (I know) but stay off my property and text me updates. He was nice enough to take my trashbag home so that I wouldn't have to haul it back to Portland. He will be picking up the trash from my trash bin once a week as well.

I was stressed about my nwxt campers coming this Friday, but now I feel good. The best possible outcome in a very unexpected way.
That is a very good outcome, best case for sure.

Sounds like a VERY good outcome. While it is great he seems to care about the scum trashing places he REALLY needs to learn to control himself better. If he keeps acting like he did he is going to get in a world of hurt one day.

I dislike trespassers. We trespassed a POS off our church campus Sunday. I would probably set something up to deflate those tires. Once his four wheeler can't go anywhere, we would have a chat. Here in TX force can be used to remove a trespasser, just not deadly force. Anyone can sue anyone. Good luck trying to win.
I worked an accident where a guy destroyed about 50ft of fencing. Land owner seized the vehicle.for damages. I notified my Sgt. About what to do. It became a civil matter.

Things are good for now. That's why I deleted his picture. Not sure if that deletes the pic from other posts that quoted mine.

I think he truly thinks he's doing a good thing. He thought there were "tweakers" on my site yesterday and said he saw my wheels reflecting light from across the river. So he ran (probably a brisk walk) over to his quad and drove over. He basically thinks anyone camping is homeless. lol.

Things are good for now. That's why I deleted his picture. Not sure if that deletes the pic from other posts that quoted mine.

I think he truly thinks he's doing a good thing. He thought there were "tweakers" on my site yesterday and said he saw my wheels reflecting light from across the river. So he ran (probably a brisk walk) over to his quad and drove over. He basically thinks anyone camping is homeless. lol.
It's only a matter of time before some campers become squatters. Maintaining a decent relationship with this guy is probably a great idea.

1. He's of a physical shape that renders him quite reluctant to walk.

2. The quad got him there.

3. Without a quad, he won't be back.

4. A modicum of nearby "recon" (as you put it), will almost certainly locate the quad.

5. Kill the quad.

Your advantage is anonymity and surprise. You've made no contact with him, no threats. (First rule in taking care of business is never tell the guy ahead of time.)

He's probably pissed off others (family members?) and won't know who put a bullet through the crankcase of his quad at 2am. Maybe his ex-wife?

I cannot attest to this working on a quad-riding trespasser.

...but there's a punk-azz teenager in Beaverton who won't tailgate, cut off and flip off other drivers in Mom's new Lexus anymore. :cool:

4. A modicum of nearby "recon" (as you put it), will almost certainly locate the quad.

5. Kill the quad.

Your advantage is anonymity and surprise. You've made no contact with him, no threats. (First rule in taking care of business is never tell the guy ahead of time.)

He's probably pissed off others (family members?) and won't know who put a bullet through the crankcase of his quad at 2am. Maybe his ex-wife?

...but there's a punk-azz teenager in Beaverton who won't tailgate, cut off and flip off other drivers in Mom's new Lexus anymore. :cool:
comment_PrrR69Jko8xSopkZkMFafWAxf0cyaNim.jpg

5. Kill the quad.

After killing the quad skin the graphics wrap off of it and hang it on the fence as a deterrent to the rest of the pack too.

I guess he can't quite grasp that many who have nice homes like to play homeless for fun. :D
Sounds like his heart is in the right place but, he really needs to learn that many of the real scum will shoot him if he threatens them,

Got this image from my game cam on the MT property. This guy could only end up in that location by one of 2 ways:

1. Went around the gate in the picture, with a "Private property, no trespassing" sign.
2. To the left of the picture, down another road where there is a similar gate, with the same sign.

WTF is with people and not respecting boundaries?

I believe he took option #2, given the tire tracks. That means he would have had to trespass on 2 other marked private properties to get to where he's at.

If he went around gate #1, he only had to trespass on one other private property.

View attachment 1876892
I would report it to the sheriff to start the paper trail on this guy. He may be back and the more evidence you have the better. Also increases chance of sheriffs patrols and possibility of catching him red handed. Make sure to note any damages how ever minor cUz again it helps to build the case. Also talking to neighbors will get more eyes watching for him and chance of identifying his truck he unloaded from or whatever. All imo not knowing anything about the situation or area.

I would report it to the sheriff to start the paper trail on this guy. He may be back and the more evidence you have the better. Also increases chance of sheriffs patrols and possibility of catching him red handed. Make sure to note any damages how ever minor cUz again it helps to build the case. Also talking to neighbors will get more eyes watching for him and chance of identifying his truck he unloaded from or whatever. All imo not knowing anything about the situation or area.
I did file a report. The officer didn't want to do anything at first. Saying there is no proof of the death threats. And that the DA won't do anything with just trespassing. They need vandalism or theft with it. I had to really push for the trespassing. I had narrowed his house down to 3 or 4 houses and his response was, "It could be any one of these 4 houses".

The quad guy told me yesterday that he only made those comments after the camper took out a knife. Yeah, because that's what typical campers do. Threaten random people on quads.

I did file a report. The officer didn't want to do anything at first. Saying there is no proof of the death threats. And that the DA won't do anything with just trespassing. They need vandalism or theft with it. I had to really push for the trespassing. I had narrowed his house down to 3 or 4 houses and his response was, "It could be any one of these 4 houses".

The quad guy told me yesterday that he only made those comments after the camper took out a knife. Yeah, because that's what typical campers do. Threaten random people on quads.
Oh sorry I was responding to the original post by the OP. I guess I'll have to read the rest of the thread as I assume you are talking about a different incident/location.

Oh sorry I was responding to the original post by the OP. I guess I'll have to read the rest of the thread as I assume you are talking about a different incident/location.
Oh no problem. I also had fat guy on a quad trespassing. Threatened to bash my guest campers' brains and also come back later with a gun (not sure that would be needed if their brains are bashed in).

Also increases chance of sheriffs patrols and possibility of catching him red handed.
That doesn't happen up in this area.

It's really hard to describe just how remote and away from everything this place is. You have to go up a mountainside and cross multiple private roads to get to where he was at. There are no patrols, there are not even maintained roads or street signs. Most of the properties don't have addresses. The post office, UPS and FedEx don't go up there.

The only time a cop would show up is if you called him there - and even then he probably wouldn't be able to find it, if they even tried.

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top