JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
two things come to mind. 1st is a land mine that sprays something nice like Coyote piss mixed with some horrid flea market cologne, The other is one that poofs up a huge cloud of Bright Orange Paint powder.

Wish I was home! We're only about 12 or 13 miles away from each other, as the crow flies. I'd take a drive over there and check it out for you. Maybe add some signage or chains between areas they're getting through. Unfortunately, I'm stuck in Oregone for another few days.
I appreciate it! The dude literally had to cross over downed trees, shrubbery and a mess of untouched forest land to get around either gate, which each have posted signs, as well as multiple signs posted throughout the property.

I had an easement dispute with the neighbor, who I have on camera trespassing several times. When I had a lawyer draft up a FOAD letter letting him know the easement was certainly deeded for me (while also learning I had a second easement though his property!). Since the neighbor was a pass-agressive bubblegum about the whole thing (He's from WA, big surprise!), I had him add a trespass warning in the letter as well. I also got to learn from the lawyer about how I should gate and sign it, so I'm quite certain I've done everything legally required - and then some.

45-6-201: definition of enter or remain unlawfully

45-6-202: Criminal trespass to vehicles

45-6-203: Criminal trespass to property

45-6-204: Burglary

Posted signage is key, and can change based on the legislators. The requirements are very specific about the size of the sign, where they are posted, and how frequently they need to be posted along the property line etc. If the landowner gets it wrong, it is not trespassing unless you verbally tell them.
Yeah, I went through it with a lawyer a couple years ago when I had him work on an easement dispute. He told me how to post it all up. I'm GTG there!

two things come to mind. 1st is a land mine that sprays something nice like Coyote piss mixed with some horrid flea market cologne, The other is one that poofs up a huge cloud of Bright Orange Paint powder.
As much fun as it can be to think about various ways to boobie-trap and such, I really don't want to do anything that keeps him there any longer than absolutely necessary or gives him reason to retaliate. I don't know how creative he can be in his retaliations and I keep some tools and expensive equipment out there at times. I'm not out there 24/7.

It does baffle me that people would do this. When I do get out there in a couple weeks and happen find anything missing, guess who is suspect #1, even if he had nothing to do with it? I will have the Sheriff crawling up his bubblegum first!

I'm remembering a trespasser I caught on my trail cam a few years ago.

I took a couple of screen shots from the video, and printed off some 8X10 pictures. Then put them up in the window of the local barbershop, along with a blunt message that basically said 'Stop Trespassing!'

Seems a bit of public shaming worked well in that particular case. I think putting the pictures in the local paper might've had a similar effect.

I don't know if that kind of thing would be a deterrence for your trespasser. Might just make him mad.

Anything like that would have a higher probability of shredding my own tires.

Plus if he gets launched off his bubbamobile and injured, I'm likely getting sued. Whether I'm in the right or not, there's no winners in civil cases like that. I don't need the drama.
Yeah - my uncle used huge nails (10P?) that he drove thru a couple of 2x10 boards, all painted green, placed on the lawn where anal orifices thought it was funny to cut across the lawn on the corner of our property and dig huge ruts in the lawn.

More than once, he had the satisfaction of noting people with flat tires down the road.

That was 50+ years ago. Today they would sue and win for damages.

Eventually he planted more trees along the road to prevented such vandalism.

Likely not the first time. Posting a printout of his photo at the gates with "Smile! You're on camera" will get his attention and keep it "good natured"(?)

Just be prepared to relocate your cameras or position another camera to cover the shooting position he's going to use to pot shot the existing one. Then you got him for destruction of property/criminal mischief charges.

I wouldn't do public shaming. Likely just pi** him off and any outbuildings or such you have there could become casualties. There is often value in keeping "man-to-man" business between "men". They may not like the point you're making, but at least there is a chance they will respect how you chose to handle it and will produce the desired result.

Last Edited:
Oddly, I also have a trespasser on a quad, who also threatened the lives of people camping on my property ("Bashing your brains out...Coming back with a gun"). He claimed it was his property.

Please let me know if you know this person. Sheriff's office doesn't seem to care much even though he told my guests what his name was and where he lived (can be narrowed down to 1 of 3 or 4 houses a couple minutes away.

Last Edited:
Oddly, I also have a trespasser on a quad, who also threatened the lives of people camping on my property ("Bashing your brains out...Coming back with a gun"). He claimed it was his property.

Please let me know if you know this person. Sheriff's office doesn't seem to care much even though he told my guests what his name was and where he lived (can be narrowed down to 1 of 3 or 4 houses a couple minutes away.

View attachment 1881320
Is this Multnomah County?

View attachment 1881320
Those camping should have a body Cam when out there. This kook may force someone's hand and if he lives you know his story will be totally different and in OR they will need all the help they can get if they have to shoot the kook.

View attachment 1881320
For that guy, I would ask the campers for affidavits, and then ask a judge for a restraining order. Then if he shows up again, or makes other threats, you have a record/etc. for further action and/or defense against him.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top