JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm working on that. Hoping to design a special program where target shooters are authorized to dispose of shooting trash at a specific location(s), yet, not accessible to the general public for household refuse. Not an easy one to figure out but we're hashing out some ideas.

I have an even better idea. How about those "target shooters" take their trash home, where it came from??????

These people aren't real gun nuts, they are morons who think they are bad bubblegum because they live in moms basement and will save the world with their Marlin mdl 60, Mossberg 500 pistol grip, and Moisin because that's all they can afford.

I agree - and don't forget the newbee AR, AK , SKS owners who feel the need to empty a 1000 rounds of cheap ammo at whatever they can drag out into the woods.

Back in 'the day' us FUDDS were completely content setting up with benches and paper targets and didn't leave ANYTHING behind when we left - but the FUDDS today get constantly criticized for not 'accepting' the 'modern sporting rifles' - well ya ever wonder why? US FUDDS DO - ? Because of EXACTLY what you say - the modern morons:
with their Marlin mdl 60, Mossberg 500 pistol grip, and Moisin because that's all they can afford.
I am sure there are many 'modern sporting rifle' owners who ARE responsible but the majority are just unsafe slobs who should not even be allowed to own a gun - Yea don't even get me started - the continual 'Browns Camp' trash debacle supports what I am saying.

I'm working on that. Hoping to design a special program where target shooters are authorized to dispose of shooting trash at a specific location(s), yet, not accessible to the general public for household refuse.
Well good luck with that but unfortunately the one ones leaving the trash aren't 'target shooters' - they are just ammo runners and while the trash can is a great idea you need to figure out how to get these slobs to even START by simply picking up what they have shot at - getting them to take it to the dumpster is another issue.

I'm working on that. Hoping to design a special program where target shooters are authorized to dispose of shooting trash at a specific location(s), yet, not accessible to the general public for household refuse. Not an easy one to figure out but we're hashing out some ideas.

That's a great idea. Few of us have the resources to haul large amounts of other peoples' trash to our own places for disposal. But if there were some place to dump it, I'd be more than willing to fill the back of my truck whenever I went out to shoot. Take up the slack for all those shjtheads who just don't get it.

Take up the slack for all those shjtheads who just don't get it.
I disagree as this would be ENABLING the ones who trash the place. Once they catch on someone is picking up for them they only trash it worse. Kind of like running to the store to buy an alky booze because they are too drunk to drive themselves.

I agree RVTECH, THESE scumbags need to be held accountable for their actions (leaving garbage behind/littering). I see signs along the highway that say littering is a $6250.00 (or some huge fine like that) fine. Make these azzhats pay a fine like this once and see if they want to leave trash laying around in our natural resources again. Guys, this is where I go to get away from the city: I hunt there, I fish there, I shoot my rifles there. I do not like going there and seeing a shot up mess, that other people left there. I don't want to say these guys/gals are sportsman like those of us here because they are just slobs and they really need to start paying a hefty fine. If something doesn't get done about this, I can see the state slowly start taking our freedoms away....: AKA, limiting our use in the National forests, gating areas off where we used to have the freedom to go, etc. etc....

I disagree as this would be ENABLING the ones who trash the place. Once they catch on someone is picking up for them they only trash it worse. Kind of like running to the store to buy an alky booze because they are too drunk to drive themselves.
Not really. Sshjtheads will always litter whether a few civic minded shooters with trash bags "enable" them or not. Where I used to live, I witnessed a number of really fine shooting areas get closed down and fenced off with barbed wire and signs because of rampant litter. That can happen here too. I don't believe for a second that turning a blind eye and leaving other peoples' crap strewn about is going to help in any context.

I agree RVTECH, THESE scumbags need to be held accountable for their actions (leaving garbage behind/littering). I see signs along the highway that say littering is a $6250.00 (or some huge fine like that) fine. Make these azzhats pay a fine like this once and see if they want to leave trash laying around in our natural resources again. Guys, this is where I go to get away from the city: I hunt there, I fish there, I shoot my rifles there. I do not like going there and seeing a shot up mess, that other people left there. I don't want to say these guys/gals are sportsman like those of us here because they are just slobs and they really need to start paying a hefty fine. If something doesn't get done about this, I can see the state slowly start taking our freedoms away....: AKA, limiting our use in the National forests, gating areas off where we used to have the freedom to go, etc. etc....
I agree with fining the crap out of convicted offenders (though how that would actually be done is another issue unto itself). Too few laws are actually enforced to the point that they serve as any sort of a deterrent. I just hate seeing the actions of a thoughtless few turn into austere consequences for the good guys too. Like shooting areas shut down.

Wow what slobs!! How hard is it to pick up your shells. I really wish you had to "check in" so bubblegum hats like that could be fined over and over.

It's pretty damn easy to pick up shotgun. I have one of these magnets that does the job perfectly. That combined with a 5 gallon bucket and I can pick up 3-400 of them easy. It is just a shame that I would have to pick up that many.

I'm going up there this afternoon. It's still legal up here to shoot correct? I've heard mixed information from my circle so thought to check in with you fine fellas over here.

Taking out my new XDS, lookin forward to puttin some rounds out there

The quarry will be open on weekends but closed through the week days TFN.

They'll be doing gravel operations each week but are accommodating to open it for the weekends.

I get the point you are trying to make there, but the other option - not cleaning up our shooting areas - is even less desirable to me. I too wish people would just clean up after themselves, but you know what they say: wish in one hand, sh*t in the other, see which one fills up first. My conscience dictates that I should do my part to help clean up our shooting areas and if that means cleaning up another person's mess, so be it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top