JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It wasn't catastrophic. Thankfully. It's the Gen 2. I guess 300ish rounds. Could be 600. Anyway, the firing pin retainer (it's not a cotter pin) came loose/backed off.

First 20rd mag was no problem. Inserted the next mag and the 1st round went off, then click. Checked and there was almost a triple feed in the chamber. It's been almost a year since I shot this one, so was thinking to drop a little lube on the bcg, but when I opened it the firing pin was sticking out a little too far.

When I when to inspect it, the firing pin fell to the ground right next to the retaining pin. Luckily, or I would never found it. But, when I put them back together, that pin was super loose.

Obviously, I've never replaced them. I don't shoot 308 a lot because of the cost so I'm confident the round count isn't too high Not sure if I should replace it or call PSA because their 308 stuff is a little different.

I'd send them the whole upper. If they're proud of their of product you should be seeing new parts.
Good to hear you aren't breathing through a bolt carrier. šŸ§

There are two different types of solid FP retaining pins for large frame BCGs (plus some less common ones). They are generally not interchangeable. It will help if you have the OAL and OD of the pin if you choose to find a replacement yourself.

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top