JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
you guys are gonna love this...

http://tribunist.com/news/dicks-emp...-letter-in-response-to-new-firearms-policies/

oppo1.jpg

It would take a lot of organizing but as the list grows and choices to shop diminish,
What if all 2ndA people could select a chain store to boycott for a week.
The next week another store. The next week another.
If it was united it would wake them up.

When it comes down to it, the stores have a right to set the age policy on firearms and ammo. Do I like it, not really but that alone won't stop me from patronizing them. Not much different from them determining what age they will offer senior discounts, if they do.
However, when a corporation enacts a policy just for the sole reason of demonizing the NRA it's a different story. The intent is different and deliberate and aimed at a specific group of people (us).

I couldn't have said it better myself Cigars. In a free market economy, any store can set any policy they want. I don't begrudge them that. I do begrudge the timing of the policy change to coincide with antigun propaganda against the NRA and law abiding gun owners. If the left is successful in bringing down the NRA (I doubt it, but lets roll with it for a minute), then total gun bans and confiscations are not far behind. All of this over made up policies to support a facade of an agenda to keep kids safe. Just below the facade however is the real agenda of total gun bans. The left is very good at whipping up and playing on peoples emotions ("If you dont support [insert latest sound bite here: banning the NRA, raising the age limit, etc.] then you are a cold hearted hater of children"). They manage to make this sound pretty convincing on the surface. There are far too many people who are either too lazy to look up facts on their own, or don't posess critical thinking skills and will buy into the media sound bites hook, line and sinker.

So.? What choices do we have? Starting with writing the companies (good on you who have done this), shopping elsewhere, changing credit cards... these are all good first strike tactics. But until and unless we legal gun owners can match the lefts ability to prey on peoples emotions to futher our agenda of the "right of the people to bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED", we are going to be stuck playing defence.

Simply put, no they can't. Banning the sale of ammunition and firearms legally accessible to persons under 21 violates Oregon State Law 659A.403

ORS 659A.403 - Discrimination in place of public accommodation prohibited - 2015 Oregon Revised Statutes

It would take a lot of organizing but as the list grows and choices to shop diminish,
What if all 2ndA people could select a chain store to boycott for a week.
The next week another store. The next week another.
If it was united it would wake them up.

this is actually a good idea, if every member of the NRA, SAF, GOA etc. sent just 1 email to these stores it would make a huge impact on their decision. It would take a lot of organizing to get this idea to go viral...

So, allow anyone under 21 that has successfully completed military basic training to buy guns (or drink) .......that levels the playing ground. The mere ascension to a particular numerical age only proves that someone fed you, not that you have obtained any wisdom or knowledge.

Well tell you what any 18 year old with a military ID walks in to but a firearm, you better damn well sell him one........ thats my point.

just went to Cabelas,,, while on the surface they support the 2nd but,
funny how the AK the AR the SKS are all on lock down with a cable and you need an employee
to unlock it to look at one, the Mini 14 is out on public display for any one to pick up and take a look at...

funny how the AK the AR the SKS are all on lock down with a cable and you need an employee
to unlock it to look at one, the Mini 14 is out on public display for any one to pick up and take a look at...

it seems like Mini 14s have always been off the radar of anti-gunners for some reason, it must be the traditional wood rifle stock sans pistol grip. :rolleyes:

I went to sportsmans this morning and it was packed, was there some kind of sale going on? , they had a special line for gun sales and it was like ten people deep

Would you expect the current progressive Oregon government to hold any of their feet to the fire on that?

Your statement was incorrect as proven by the law I referenced. It's a red herring to steer the argument away from that fact, and I won't fall for the distraction.

I went to sportsmans this morning and it was packed, was there some kind of sale going on? , they had a special line for gun sales and it was like ten people deep
Annual balloon pop event. First Saturday of March every year. First 300 customers get a ticket for a balloon that gives them 5-100% discount at the register. (Which counts for guns as well)

Simply put, no they can't. Banning the sale of ammunition and firearms legally accessible to persons under 21 violates Oregon State Law 659A.403

ORS 659A.403 - Discrimination in place of public accommodation prohibited - 2015 Oregon Revised Statutes

Would you expect the current progressive Oregon government to hold any of their feet to the fire on that?

Your statement was incorrect as proven by the law I referenced. It's a red herring to steer the argument away from that fact, and I won't fall for the distraction.

A store is not a public place.

It certainly is a place of "public accommodation." You should read the law instead of arguing platitudes.
not arguing platitudes, none of us are lawyers here and asking questions or making rebuttals is not arguing its learning. I would love to see how this law will apply in this case. What about a business owners choice to refuse service to anyone? But then if the cake shop cant refuse to bake a cake for a gay couple then Bi-Mart cant refuse to discriminate against someone based on their [legal] age.

Is anyone here an 18-20 year old who has actually been turned away from buying a rifle at bi-mart, walmart, dick's, or fred meyer at an Oregon location? If so, I'd like to speak with you. I'm an attorney in Grants Pass, but I represent clients throughout the state of Oregon. Please message me.
The one about nobody here is a lawyer?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads