JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just in case it hasn't been mentioned....War movies with actual footage of real War have always had a special place in my heart. I think it's out of this world incredible that people were in the middle of the mess filming that stuff. That men would volunteer to do those things and go through that. How soft people have become. :( .

Just in case it hasn't been mentioned....War movies with actual footage of real War have always had a special place in my heart. I think it's out of this world incredible that people were in the middle of the mess filming that stuff. That men would volunteer to do those things and go through that. How soft people have become. :( .
Especially as there is so little of it. I think I have seen the same seaquence of fighters shooting down other fighters/bombers in maybe 5-6 classic wwii movies (maybe more?). Funny they seem to all dub the sound of a diving Stuka onto any airplane fight. Most kids that grew up watching those movies made that "WAAAAAA" sound because of that. ;)

Not quite as good as Mars Attacks, though!
Mars Attacks was more realistic. :s0140:

Here's an oldie but a goodie, probably not the best ever but maybe the best up to it's time. Really well done and very touching on a human level. I really enjoyed it. If you haven't seen it it's worth a watch.

Edit:: Found the complete movie on YouTube:

Last Edited:
Mars Attacks was more realistic. :s0140:

Here's an oldie but a goodie, probably not the best ever but maybe the best up to it's time. Really well done and very touching on a human level. I really enjoyed it. If you haven't seen it it's worth a watch.

Edit:: Found the complete movie on YouTube:

I watched that thing on Audie Murphy. He downplayed his medals saying that they all won medals, they just didn't live to receive them. There was some serious darkness in his life. Still, they don't call it the "Greatest Generation" for nothing.

John Huston's version of The Red Badge of Courage ( Mentioned earlier )
Has both Audie Murphy (also mentioned earlier ) and Bill Mauldin in it.
Both of those fellas served in WWII .

While most folks remember Audie Murphy....
Bill Mauldin served in the 45th Infantry Division ...and was the creator of Wille and Joe , cartoons of Stars and Stripes fame.
Charles Schulz , also a veteran of WWII and the creator of Peanuts was friends with Mauldin...which is why Snoopy goes to Bill's house for root beer on Veteran's Day.
Andy

While not the best war movie ever.....

Hamburger Hill is well worth a watch.
Not so much for the battle scenes....and it does come with some 1980's cheese...:D
But more for the interplay between certain characters and the scripting there.

Some excellent lines / dialogue about :
Going home on leave...
The anti-war movement...
Just what soldiers fight and die for...
Racial issues...

Also the epilouge is very moving.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR