Baikal IZ 61

Discussion in 'Air Rifles & Pistols' started by trainsktg, Jun 21, 2011.

1. trainsktg

trainsktg Well-Known Member

59   0   0
    Hi All,,

My old Daisy from about 35 years ago has been keeping my Mom entertained in her backyard for a while now. Recently, she has reported that the thing has finally stopped holding air and she wants a new rifle.

At 73 and a diminutive 5' 3", I feel that some of the standard and magnum pumps are really too much for her to handle. Based on the light force to cock (spec'ed at a tad over 10 pounds) and an OK 500fps, I recommended the Russian-made IZ-61. I do not have one myself, but the very few that have been reviewed by owners on the internet lead me to believe that this would be a good rifle for her to plink with.

Are there any actual owners here that have had experience with this particular rifle, good or bad that I can tell her about before she plunks her money down?

Keith
  2. TOMBECK

TOMBECK New Member

0   0   0
    I have the IZH 46 target pistol and it is a quality piece. The 61 should be of similar quality. An alternative might be a PCP approach where no cocking is required - periodic refilling with a scuba tank and several have variable power settings. They come in several calibers with .177 and .22 the standards.
  3. trainsktg

trainsktg Well-Known Member

59   0   0
    Thanks, I'll pass the recommendation on to her.

Keith