JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went into Cabela's today to get a new Ruger Mark for target pistol and of course they had to do the background check and they said it was going to be 3 to 5 days I was like number 1000 in the queue. I gave them my Concealed Handgun license along with my drivers license and filled out the paperwork of course I thought at this time it shouldn't take 3 to 5 days for a background check I was figuring on walking out the door with it today but apparently not I'm on the waiting list.
Has anybody experienced this recently like in the last week this doesn't seem like there's been anything big in the news that would cause a back up. Plus I went in early not too long after they opened

Went into Cabela's today to get a new Ruger Mark for target pistol and of course they had to do the background check and they said it was going to be 3 to 5 days I was like number 1000 in the queue. I gave them my Concealed Handgun license along with my drivers license and filled out the paperwork of course I thought at this time it shouldn't take 3 to 5 days for a background check I was figuring on walking out the door with it today but apparently not I'm on the waiting list.
Has anybody experienced this recently like in the last week this doesn't seem like there's been anything big in the news that would cause a back up. Plus I went in early not too long after they opened
Your first mistake was going to Cabelas..........

Bought a pistol advertised on the forum, yesterday.
I drove 180 miles to meet the seller.
INSTANT approval! Yea! :)
Isn't she pretty!

Resized_20240426_150951_3267.jpeg

Told yesterday it can be up to 5 days ( que at 15,000) for firearms, But was also told NFA transfers 1-10 days. 🤯
NFA transfers aren't supposed to go through NICS if that's what your FFL is insinuating. I can't tell if that's a funny comparison or confusion on the FFL part. This obviously only applies to cans, not SBR or auto transfers.

NFA transfers aren't supposed to go through NICS if that's what your FFL is insinuating. I can't tell if that's a funny comparison or confusion on the FFL part. This obviously only applies to cans, not SBR or auto transfers.
You are correct sir They are separate my FFL is not insinuating that they would…It's a funny comparison as in years past the extremely long wait periods for Class 3

Sigh ... Here's hoping I continue my trend of instants, then. There's a nice pistol I want to whisper sweet nothings to I'm hoping to do paperwork on this weekend

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top