JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All in the interpretation.... and that's exactly why there's a 2A in the first place (thank you George Mason & James Madison) though "shall not be infringed " seems to be completely ignored without even a modicum of interpretation. If it were then the NFA would never have been.

Never heard of him before this, but the FOP is anti-gun IIRC, as are the police chiefs of most urban areas. They are politicians first, and police second.

I suspect that this guy is sucking up to Trump and appearing as pro-gun now in order to please Trump's core constituency. Trump's core should know by now (but most still don't get it) that the GOP and Trump are not pro-gun, they just are not anti-gun - at the moment. When it is to their advantage they will turn against us.

Trump's core should know by now (but most still don't get it) that the GOP and Trump are not pro-gun, they just are not anti-gun - at the moment. When it is to their advantage they will turn against us.

Right. That's how politics work. You elect individuals that will promote YOUR ideals, not necessarily theirs. It is our job to ensure that it is in their best interests politically to support the 2A.

Right. That's how politics work. You elect individuals that will promote YOUR ideals, not necessarily theirs. It is our job to ensure that it is in their best interests politically to support the 2A.

Or, you can elect individuals who have the same ideals - like libertarians. But I guess that is just me; I don't pretend that someone who doesn't agree with me, agrees with me (or has my interests at heart) - especially when it comes to politicians, more so with politicians belonging to the two major parties. Doubly so given their history of saying one thing and doing another. I am just weird that way.:rolleyes:

Last Edited:
You have to remember that politicians are worse than used car salesmen. They will lie to you to get into office, and then stab you in the back. At least with a used car salesman you have a halfway decent chance of getting a car that won't break down, but the salesman doesn't care once they get their money - they won't come around and sabotage your car, whereas the politician can and often will actively work against your best interests after he/she is in office.

You have to remember that politicians are worse than used car salesmen. They will lie to you to get into office, and then stab you in the back. At least with a used car salesman you have a halfway decent chance of getting a car that won't break down, but the salesman doesn't care once they get their money - they won't come around and sabotage your car, whereas the politician can and often will actively work against your best interests after he/she is in office.

So you dont think that if the Libertarian party ever grows enough to be viable, it won't also be susceptible to the same problem?

So you dont think that if the Libertarian party ever grows enough to be viable, it won't also be susceptible to the same problem?

Of course it will. It probably is now - all orgs, even school boards and HOAs are vulnerable - it is just human nature.

I kind of doubt Bill Weld is really as pro-gun (if at all) as he professes to be. Johnson on the other hand has shown he can back up his words with his actions. Trump? A con man from day one, and now a petty tyrant. Anybody who aligns themselves with him in DC is just trying to get into a position of power. Smart and principled people would not touch him with a ten foot pole.

But with the Libertarian party, they are starting from a philosophical premise that increases the likelihood that their views match mine.

Truth
That would be akin to saying you will work in the sewer, but never get poop on yourself . The job and its environment today is too toxic. Too corrupting
I don't think anyone could go to Washington D.C. or.any state house for anybody, no matter how decent a person they are, to not become corrupted in some way..

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top