JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I closed my Paypal a while back because of their reporting policies. I'd like to sell a few things but Postal money orders are a PITA for both buyer and seller, not to mention time consuming. Face to face can be tough to arrange and it's hard for me to travel now. So, are there any good alternatives out there?

Well, I have been saying for a while that if there is a market, someone will want to fill it. I had never heard of this place until just now. I will be VERY interested to hear how it goes as people start to use it. From looking over their site it sure sounds like a winner all the way around.

I closed my Paypal a while back because of their reporting policies. I'd like to sell a few things but Postal money orders are a PITA for both buyer and seller, not to mention time consuming. Face to face can be tough to arrange and it's hard for me to travel now. So, are there any good alternatives out there?
I've used zelle with no issues. Might be worth looking into.

I've used zelle with no issues. Might be worth looking into.
Is that like Venmo? The big problem so far with the "alternatives" is there was no protection for buyer. If the seller took your money and just told you to pound sand there was nothing you could do as there was no way to use the protections the credit cards offer. Does zelle let you use a credit card to send the money or is it strait out of a bank account?

I think you don't need to be signed up to send money on Zelle but must be to receive payment. I could be wrong, I just started looking into this.

I'm not sure of the details anymore, but that was exactly why I closed my Paypal account maybe a year ago. But the convenience for trading was pretty good so if something is out there that's similar without the Big Brother aspect.

Taking a VERY quick look at Zelle asking what if, this pops up

Peer-to-peer payment systems like Zelle (along with Cash App and Venmo) treat transactions like cash — meaning there's no way to cancel a Zelle payment once it's been sent.

Even worse, unlike other payment apps such as Venmo, Zelle doesn't offer any form of payment protection. This means that even if you send money for a product which never arrives, you have no official recourse.
So "looks" like its basically the same as sending a Postal Money Order only much faster. It does look like its very fast and simple to send money. If the person you send it to screws you? Looks like you are just SOL.

There's always a kicker.
Sadly it seems that way. This is why I have ALWAY's used a credit card to order stuff. Even when I had a PayPal account I would not let them use my bank account to take the money from for just this reason. If you paid someone and they tried to shaft you, PP would do a little dance and "maybe" get your money back. If they could not they would just tell you sorry. If you used a CC to fund the purchase you could now just have the bank take the money back from PP. I had always "heard" that if you did this PP "may" close your account. Always figured if I had to use this option to get my money back who cares. Its why when I have bought guns online I would only buy from a dealer who would take plastic. Some of them would of course add the cost of using the plastic to the sale which was fine with me. I was happy to pay a few points for the safety. Many proudly say they use Postal M/O's for years. That's great until the one time someone shafts them. It is a risk I was never willing to take to save a few bucks.

Peer-to-peer payment systems like Zelle (along with Cash App and Venmo) treat transactions like cash — meaning there's no way to cancel a Zelle payment once it's been sent.

Even worse, unlike other payment apps such as Venmo, Zelle doesn't offer any form of payment protection.

That's why I regard those three payments apps as something to be used between friends and family, somebody you trust. The iconic example is four friends having lunch together at a restaurant spIitting the check, with only one person paying the server.

I do see some stores' checkouts indicating they will take Venmo or Cash App, but if I had those apps I would not use them that way. However, I would still trust a big store like Home Depot to not cheat me.

There are a few google hits suggesting that Amazon will take Venmo and Cash App. I would trust them also. Doesn't mean you should, just mean I would.

Just today I used PayPal for a truck part I sold to someone in CA. I've been with PayPal since 2002. It was always super straightforward and easy.
I was unaware that they are snitches now.
I haven't used them in a while, and I was shocked at how much of a PITA it is to get my funds transferred to my bank account via my registered debit cards. It used to be an easy process, but now they wanted me to perform further registrations, or, I could just leave the funds in PayPal.
Then, CNN just had a story reminding Americans not to leave funds in these apps because they are not FIDC insured, and some people leave significant sums in these apps. I suppose because the apps are now geared towards compelling the user to just leave the funds in them, but supposedly these apps could fail financially if their were to be a run on them with people suddenly removing their funds.

I guess the free ride is over. I won't be using PayPal anymore either, I'm going back to old-school ways of doing everything in person, with cash.

PayPal is much worse than that. Last November they announced that they would fine users $2500, right out of their linked bank accounts!, for spreading "misinformation." Supposedly PayPal immediately retracted this, but then I also saw where they didn't really take it back, so I don't know where it stands.

I just know this is a company I want nothing to do with.

PayPal to fine you $2500 for spreading "misinformation"

So, in answer to your original question, they're all a good alternative to PayPal.

Last Edited:
PayPal is much worse than that. Last November they announced that they would fine users $2500, right out of their linked bank accounts!, for spreading "misinformation." Supposedly PayPal immediately retracted this, but then I also saw where they didn't really take it back, so I don't know where it stands.

I just know this is a company I want nothing to do with.

PayPal to fine you $2500 for spreading "misinformation"

So, in answer to your original question, they're all a good alternative to PayPal.
Maybe that's why PayPal compels you to leave funds with them, so they could arbitrarily pop you.

I wonder how that misinformation mechanism would actually work? What's the connection between where you spread misinformation and PayPal's relationship to it?

Yeah, at this point shiny rocks seems a better alternative

I wonder how that misinformation mechanism would actually work?
That's a good question, I was wondering also.

Maybe there is an implication there that they know us and can track us much more invasively than we think. Maybe they match IP addresses or something, and can search for those on the Internet. I'm glad I use a VPN.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top