JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Two reasons that I am not buying currently;

There is not much that I need...
I live in Washington State and I prefer semi-auto pistols. I am not buying any gun that was designed for a capacity of more then ten rounds and I can only get 10 round magazines. I will only buy a firearm that accepts the 10+ magazines I currently own or I will buy nothing until the magazine capacity law in Washington is eliminated...

I also agree with items being overpriced on the classifieds. Many of the items related to reloading are priced higher than what I can just purchase online and have shipped to my house.

I have been fortunate enough to sell a few firearms lately at a small but expected loss. Unfortunately I had to drive about 45 minutes away both times to sell them (to the same dealer).

I understand it when someone doesn't want to drive a long distance to buy something because they will most likely going to be put in a queue and wait. One of my buyers got stuck in a queue but the dealer was going to release it in three days. The other buyer got instant approval (something I have never seen in person or experienced ever).

I see a couple firearms I would like to buy and the deals are good, but the nonsense with HB 2005 is keeping me from the purchase. As I mentioned above I have never had an instant approval and I feel HB 2005 will go into effect and screw me.

I keep telling myself I have enough stuff and don't need anything else. Realistically I have everything I need and then some. I'm mostly buying ammo and repair parts to keep what I have going.

They've never fully recovered post SB 941 in 2015. And now, most people went and bought as much as they could before 114. There's some I'd love to pick up, but after what I spent last winter and fall, I've got guns in the safe I've only shot once and a few lowers that need to be built up.

Companies are discounting stuff heavily right now as well.

I just bought a 16" AR 9mm barrel for $66. The TTech AR Diamond that used to be $300 on TT's website is now a Brownells exclusive for 180.
Where can I buy this mythical $66 barrel? It it also at Brownells? Would like to buy one if so

Last Edited:
I'm no doubt going to get some condescending remarks for this, but some of you have unrealistic expectations of sale prices and what constitutes "over retail". I admit some people put WAY too much value on what they are selling, but not all of us. And if you think that I should be selling a package consisting of a Glock, a matching ASP red gun, 4 mags (possibly 8), 350 rounds of ammo (JHP and FMJ), two holsters (leather holster and a Safariland duty holster), and two aftermarket barrels for the price of a Hi-Point and a bag of chips, AND I'm supposed to drive 35 miles to the nearest FedEx office and pay to ship it to you, then YOU are the one who is being unreasonable here, not me.

But by all means, if you think you can get all of that at a retail gun store for less than the $650 I'm asking for, then you go right ahead and go buy it lol.

I'm no doubt going to get some condescending remarks for this, but some of you have unrealistic expectations of sale prices and what constitutes "over retail". I admit some people put WAY too much value on what they are selling, but not all of us. And if you think that I should be selling a package consisting of a Glock, a matching ASP red gun, 4 mags (possibly 8), 350 rounds of ammo (JHP and FMJ), two holsters (leather holster and a Safariland duty holster), and two aftermarket barrels for the price of a Hi-Point and a bag of chips, AND I'm supposed to drive 35 miles to the nearest FedEx office and pay to ship it to you, then YOU are the one who is being unreasonable here, not me.

But by all means, if you think you can get all of that at a retail gun store for less than the $650 I'm asking for, then you go right ahead and go buy it lol.
Nobody wants your accessories.

Accessories are almost a topic unto themselves. It is rare for a buyer to be searching for the same accessories the seller includes and both sides place a different value on them, almost better to sell them separately.

I don't buy that. I've never bought a gun and thought "gee, I don't want the box and mags". People are just CHEAP.
no really, its true nobody wants the accessories. Accessories are highly personal choices. People buying a gun only care about the gun.

There are some fair deals sure. But I would say about 90% of ads are overpriced (I'm talking about bare guns, not guns with accessories). Some are way overpriced, like this. Just because he foolishly paid $850 for a $460 gun, that doesn't mean other people will.

A9C6D4C5-ABF6-472A-94A1-95A921F40A51.png
8FE293F2-9634-4451-8428-C7A719A1A223.png

Some ads that use an approach like @rayrunspdx in post #47 are very fair but those are very few and far between from what I have seen.

Pricing is a factor for me.

Currently there's an ad in the classifieds, guy wants $1700 for a SIG 1911 with one mag. When I bought mine, the pistol went for $999.00 (SA&A Tacoma). Now Sportsman's Warehouse lists it new for $1129.00.(with 2 mags). Even with our 9.8% sales tax in my county, that's $1239.64 OTD. For a brandnew pistol.

With BCs now required, why would anyone want to pay extra? With the old days of private sales, FTF transfers in the parking lot of Cabelas or wherever, with zero paperwork long gone, guys better be realistic about pricing, because private sales are now more inconvenient than buying a new gun retail.

And I have always driven to meet the seller at the seller's choice of FFL for transfer. And paid the transfer fee as the buyer.

Anyway, in Washington, Ferguson (our next governor), the state legislature (and lame-duck Jay) clearly have the goal of prohibiting private sales for good as well as reducing our options to six shot revolvers and, if we're lucky, lever-action rifles (the bolt actions will be banned as "sniper rifles"), so private sales are going to be dying totally as far as guns go, it'll just be archery, airguns and accessories in the future ('cause ammo will be heavily taxed and restricted too, just like in CA).

Pricing is a factor for me.

Currently there's an ad in the classifieds, guy wants $1700 for a SIG 1911 with one mag. When I bought mine, the pistol went for $999.00 (SA&A Tacoma). Now Sportsman's Warehouse lists it new for $1129.00.(with 2 mags). Even with our 9.8% sales tax in my county, that's $1239.64 OTD. For a brandnew pistol.

With BCs now required, why would anyone want to pay extra? With the old days of private sales, FTF transfers in the parking lot of Cabelas or wherever, with zero paperwork long gone, guys better be realistic about pricing, because private sales are now more inconvenient than buying a new gun retail.

And I have always driven to meet the seller at the seller's choice of FFL for transfer. And paid the transfer fee as the buyer.

Anyway, in Washington, Ferguson (our next governor), the state legislature (and lame-duck Jay) clearly have the goal of prohibiting private sales for good as well as reducing our options to six shot revolvers and, if we're lucky, lever-action rifles (the bolt actions will be banned as "sniper rifles"), so private sales are going to be dying totally as far as guns go, it'll just be archery, airguns and accessories in the future ('cause ammo will be heavily taxed and restricted too, just like in CA).
Yea or another example is the k11 with really crappy finish, some weird butt pad, chopped off stock forearm, poor condition, sporterized, the guy was trying to sell for $800.

I wouldn't pay $100 for that gun but someone might pay $200.

A nice k11 all original with matching numbers costs $450 all day long. A good one sold here recently for $415 (all original) which is a very fair deal Imo.

no really, its true nobody wants the accessories. Accessories are highly personal choices. People buying a gun only care about the gun.
I understand, not every accessory is best for everyone. I get that. Personalized grips, sure....specific sights, you bet.....but holsters and a training gun, AND ammunition that were made specifically for it? Come on now.

Yeah, I don't want to sell it separately. It's a PITA....just taking the photos was an exercise of my patience, lol. And inevitably, if I do, then someone is going to demand I ship it....don't wanna do that either. Like I said: it's 35 miles to the nearest FedEx office from my house. It's not worth it for a holster.
There are some fair deals sure. But I would say about 90% of ads are overpriced (I'm talking about bare guns, not guns with accessories). Some are way overpriced, like this. Just because he foolishly paid $850 for a $460 gun, that doesn't mean other people will.

View attachment 1417155
View attachment 1417156
Yeah, that's absolutely outrageous. Like I said: I get it, some people sell their guns for unrealistic prices. No argument here. I however see no downside to buying a package, selling what you don't want (money in your pocket), nor a downside to me selling at the price I'm asking for.

Oh, so you don't want to sell off what you don't want? Well, now you see my dilemma, lol.

I hear ya, I've seen it go both ways depending on the setup. I've had guns listed w/o say the optic and weapon light but because the picture showed it as a complete build the guy paid more to buy it as is. I usually prefer to part it out unless I get a good offer.

I will not buy another gun.

….unless it's a Ruger P90…

Or a shotgun. Or a rifle…..

Seems to me there are lots of reasons sales have slowed down. Hopefully, things will return to "normal" soon.

Meanwhile,

IMG_0638.png

I often see stuff I would buy if it wasn't so far away. Don't want to drive 100 miles and don't want to waste time waiting on something being shipped. Won't buy a gun because it's a hassle even from an ffl.

Kinda sucks because I want to sell my hoarded gear too.

I understand, not every accessory is best for everyone. I get that. Personalized grips, sure....specific sights, you bet.....but holsters and a training gun, AND ammunition that were made specifically for it? Come on now.

Yeah, I don't want to sell it separately. It's a PITA....just taking the photos was an exercise of my patience, lol. And inevitably, if I do, then someone is going to demand I ship it....don't wanna do that either. Like I said: it's 35 miles to the nearest FedEx office from my house. It's not worth it for a holster.

Yeah, that's absolutely outrageous. Like I said: I get it, some people sell their guns for unrealistic prices. No argument here. I however see no downside to buying a package, selling what you don't want (money in your pocket), nor a downside to me selling at the price I'm asking for.

Oh, so you don't want to sell off what you don't want? Well, now you see my dilemma, lol.
Nobody wants your mags .
Unless they're free .

Lol

For the buyer, I can agree that Buying package deals can sometimes be worth it to some specific buyers. Some buyers are out there looking for those kinds of deals. As long as it's priced right. For example, extra magazines, sights, electronics, upgrades, cases, ammo, etc. can sometimes sweeten the deal.

For the seller, you have to take a loss no matter what. Everything is used. Some things can be parted out and can be easier to sell.

Kinda sucks because I want to sell my hoarded gear too.
I have a lot of guns I need to start selling off; getting older and no kids, just one nephew who's a gun nut but is into all the stuff I don't care about. (I did give him one of his grandpa's guns already, and he'll probably wind up with some of mine.)

Anyway, there's a way to sell off guns with a minimum of hassle, but most guys don't think of it (or scoff at it): Cabelas (and AFAIK Scheel's) will buy your guns for 2/3 of the current Blue Book value, depending on agreed-upon condition. That's fair, a win/win deal unless you're prepared to take on the hassle of listing (where?), selling, obtaining the proceeds (iffy), boxing, and shipping (ugh) to some FFL of unknown integrity. Cabelas of course are entitled to their margin. Even if you have to drive a few hours to the nearest store, it might still be worth it if you have several guns.

I would dismount any scopes, since those are easy to sell online (forums or Ebay) and ship.
-

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA

New Classified Ads

Back Top