JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, whats the difference in AR pistol tubes?

Looking at a 5.56 w/10.5 carbine length system....

I see some super short buffer assemblies that are hundreds of dollars and use proprietary designs... not interested in that.

Unfortunately, there doesnt seem to be ANYTHING online showing differences between models... are they all just the same and only *look* different in pics?

Comparing the standard PSA tube and something like a Phase 5.... the PSA looks longer, carbine tube length while the Phase 5 looks a few inches shorter.

Again, no retailers put length in descriptions, nor do mfrs......

Anyone have first hand knowledge or own a pistol and can measure the tube?

Im looking to go as short as possible without spending a ton of money (<$100) and I do not plan on using a brace...

I am no expert on this but I built my pistol from pretty much buying everything off of eBay but my tube is 6.3/4 inch from back of lower I don't remember where I got it but I was not a hundred bucks I'll put some pictures whole gun is 26 inch

IMAG0586.jpg IMAG0583.jpg IMAG0585.jpg

I built it just because I wanted to see if I could it's a polymer 80% lower I had to drill and mill it myself the barrel I got from midway U.S.A every thing else from eBay lol it was my first build sense then I have built another AR15 cal 300 black out and in the middle of another that I am building with my sister for her but those I bought good stuff for bout 750 to 850 bucks the AR pistol I built for like 350 bucks but I had some spare parts lying around

I am no expert on this but I built my pistol from pretty much buying everything off of eBay but my tube is 6.3/4 inch from back of lower I don't remember where I got it but I was not a hundred bucks I'll put some pictures whole gun is 26 inch

View attachment 326493 View attachment 326494 View attachment 326495
If the OAL is 26" you can legally put a firward grip on it because the ATF would classify it as a "firearm" and not a pistol.

Sorry to go off topic.

YEP but why take the chance with that someone might disagree and then there is problem 's I never shoot it anyway it is just in the back of the safe lol

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top