JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'd like to buy some flip up back up sights for my AR15. My eyesight isn't great and I normally use a red dot, so I'd like back up sights with fiber optic rods to help out. Can anyone recommend good fiber optic sights like I'm describing? I can spend $150 or more if I have to. Thanks!

Blitzkrieg Components makes a variety of quality front sight posts that fit Mil-Spec front sights that might work for you.

Blitzkrieg-Components-Front-Sight-1-670x447.jpg

I'd like to buy some flip up back up sights for my AR15. My eyesight isn't great and I normally use a red dot, so I'd like back up sights with fiber optic rods to help out. Can anyone recommend good fiber optic sights like I'm describing? I can spend $150 or more if I have to. Thanks!
If you're just looking for backup irons, I've also had very good luck with the feyachi S27's. I do prefer the S37's though and run those on 3 or 4 rifles. Mainly the ease of front post adjustments without having to use a tool is nice and the newer S37's have fiber on both rear apertures. Previously, they were only on the large aperture.

Very durable and hold zero just fine.

Feyachi S37

Moving up in quality... it's not easy finding fiber optic. Most of the real good quality sights (like Troy) are going with tritium... and more in the $250-$350 range.

I would look for a front sight post with a fiber optic insert to put in a real front sight rather than buy 30 dollar airsoft junk.

I dont know of any fiber optic options but Bravo Company makes a trijicon front post that will go in most any milspec front sight I think for only 70 bucks.

I dont know of any fiber optic options but Bravo Company makes a trijicon front post that will go in most any milspec front sight I think for only 70 bucks.

That is a tritium night sight. He is looking for fiber optic daytime.

I know but I cant find any fiber optic options, but your right I forgot thats not the same as daylight operation (though FO does a good job picking up flashlight light...)
Yup. That's the kicker. There really aren't any fiber optic offerings in the higher end flip ups.

[Not in direct reply]
And... we're talking flip ups... since that is what the OP asked for.

Post front sights have their place, but not everyone is real hot about shticking a post to obscure part of their sight picture through a red dot.. and they only play nice with certain handguard setups. There is also the issue that even though your front sight can be converted to fiber optic, you're back to square one finding a rear fiber optic to go along with it, hu.

* Novel concept: Help the guy find what he's looking for instead of telling him how he "should" be configuring his rifle. 🤔:D

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews