JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looking good! You do know that the magpul trigger guard also comes in aluminum, goes for about $20.00? I got mine locally at Curt's, but have even seen them at Sportsmans Warehouse. I definitely agree on going metal here.

More parts in today! got the charging handle and tactical latch for the charging handle.

The rest of the parts to finish the gun should be in next week and hopefully have the gun finished by next weekend!

parts coming next week: Syrac adjustable gas block, spikes carbine gas tube, geissele SSA-E trigger, oversized aluminum trigger guard, crush washer for the flash hider, and some pin punches and holders to help with the assembly.

Other than optics: completed!

20141015_124928_zpsad9e7b79.jpg

20141015_125001_zps9f0fa580.jpg

20141015_125116_zps53ea378a.jpg

I did have to shave the screws slightly on the gas block, and a tiny bit of the rear of the hand guard to get the gas block to clear the hand guard, but once that was done it snugly slid past the tight rear area. fits through the front and center without modification, but the rear that snugs up-to the barrel nut they didn't give enough clearance for a clamp on style gas block.

Haven't shot it yet as it has been pouring down rain all day long, but hopefully put a few rounds through it soon.

Shot about 15 rounds through it. Very first two failed to load. Even before the first shot it didn't want to run up the feed ramp into the barrel, but after shot # two: it cycled and fired every time :)

On a brand new barrel, I like to take a chamber brush, and attach it to a drill, let it run for a couple minutes. Kind of cleans out all of the NEW ness, and they work much better. Just my opinion.

On a brand new barrel, I like to take a chamber brush, and attach it to a drill, let it run for a couple minutes. Kind of cleans out all of the NEW ness, and they work much better. Just my opinion.
I wrap 3-4 ought steel wool around a brush, dip it in some oily solvent and ream it for a few secs. works on carbon build-up when shooting steel cased ammo too

put quite a few more rounds through it, and it was just those very first two rounds that didn't want to feed. Since those very first two: every round has fed, fired, and ejected properly. Thing is operating like clockwork. Buddy and I did a little target shooting this weekend and set up a 1/2" steel plate, some water filled beer cans, etc for targets. Iron sights I slapped on there from the 15-22 are dead on accurate :D

nailed every target first try with zero adjustments, and could easily tell my shots vs buddies shots on the steel plate target.

he was firing a PLR16 (5.56 pistol) and his rounds made dents, but no penetration. Every shot from mine using standard 62gr FMJ (not the M855 rounds) punched clean through; jacket, lead, and all.

so for kicks I handed him one of my mags that was loaded with M855 (steel penetrator core) rounds and got interesting results. the copper and lead didn't make it through the target, but the core did lol.

Just shows the power/velocity difference between a pistol and rifle using the same caliber and same ammo.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top