JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was armed before, and I am still armed.

Me too. No change.

I know many people practice drawing and firing inside of 7 yards for personal protection, due to the FBI statistics, or whatever. Someone with a long gun in a large space requires a different type of practice, IMO. I'm not sure what that looks like exactly, but it's something to think about.

I am very confident in my EDC with 12 rounds and 2) 16 round magazines. If I have to expelled 44 rounds then the S(Has Defiantly)HTF.
I'm with Caveman on this, I carry up to 47 rounds, if more than that is needed, I'm in a situation I should have never allowed myself to be put into, means I wasn't paying attention or missed a signal.

I carry for self protection and protection of loved ones. In a mass shooting situation, getting the loved ones to safety is a top priority. I see no reason to engage a shooter, unless it's to allow those loved ones or myself to exit a situation. I'm not LEO, nor do I pretend to be. And as horrible as this may sound, would not feel obligated to engage. And I've struggled with this question, many moral and legal implications...

My family depends upon me, breadwinner, protector and overall leader. I cannot afford to jeopardize them for the sake of another. They are and always will be my priority.

I'm with Caveman on this, I carry up to 47 rounds, if more than that is needed, I'm in a situation I should have never allowed myself to be put into, means I wasn't paying attention or missed a signal.

I carry for self protection and protection of loved ones. In a mass shooting situation, getting the loved ones to safety is a top priority. I see no reason to engage a shooter, unless it's to allow those loved ones or myself to exit a situation. I'm not LEO, nor do I pretend to be. And as horrible as this may sound, would not feel obligated to engage. And I've struggled with this question, many moral and legal implications...

My family depends upon me, breadwinner, protector and overall leader. I cannot afford to jeopardize them for the sake of another. They are and always will be my priority.

Exactly what I have always planned to do, family first then GTFO, I'm not a super hero so there's that.

When threatened, I am planning on yelling, "I am unarmed!" and putting my hands up.

According to DiFi, when I do so, the perp will proceed to lay their own weapon down, as that is just human nature.

Agreed, I always thought the NRA line of "the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun" was a load of horse hucky. The cop that got killed in Colorado had a gun and training and he still got dusted. We like to imagine we're John Wick, but most of us are going to have the accuracy of a Stormtrooper in a life or death situation.
Not me. I'm BOBA FETT! Lol.

Agreed, I always thought the NRA line of "the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun" was a load of horse hucky. The cop that got killed in Colorado had a gun and training and he still got dusted. We like to imagine we're John Wick, but most of us are going to have the accuracy of a Stormtrooper in a life or death situation.
So... What did stop him? :s0124:

Portland isn't nearly as scary as some make it out to be. I've had several appointments there over the last month or so and I'll walk around in downtown by myself comfortably.

Unless you're a woman and don't like being harassed by homeless POS everywhere.

I do agree the threat of violence in downtown Portland is a little bit oversold. FWIW I'm not scared to go there I just think its a disgusting place.

nightspots, schools, retail - high density spots where people have their guard down - that's what scares me.

I put the sig P290rs back in the safe and carry the Ruger American 45 compact.
Luckily I'm fat and can conceal the extra bulk.

Last Edited:
"I change up my pistol according to mood and day of the week"
Yesterday I had to go to the doc in Edmonds. Usual out and about sidearm is my Steyr S9, but yesterday I chose to carry a compact .45 with extra mags * 2 (time for it to get some love too). You might be surprised what you can CC in the front pocket of Carhartt cargo pants.

I used to demonstrate how easily a slung weapon can be taken away from someone not paying attention to get my soldiers to maintain positive control of their weapons and awareness of their surroundings. A seat belt cutter or small knife can put either of those weapons in my hands with the muzzle in the back of the person I took it from in less than a second. In public places without someone covering your rear, either of these weapons is a liability if it isn't in your hands. I understand the intended message of carrying publicly like this, but tactically, it's incredibly stupid.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top