JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

IMG_0862.jpeg

Had a buddy I used to golf with, every time he didn't hit the ball as he thought he should, his bag would get kicked or a club got tossed, sometimes thrown.
Isn't that how you're supposed to do it? I tried golf for awhile shortly after high school. Gave it up after awhile, couldn't bring myself to throw/bend clubs and shout obscenities. It was Utah so..

Last Edited:
Had a buddy I used to golf with, every time he didn't hit the ball as he thought he should, his bag would get kicked or a club got tossed, sometimes thrown.

After a few months of this I'd had enough and told him this..."You can tell the size of a Man by the size of the problem that makes you lose your cool". Then I threw him a golf ball.

Oddly he stopped inviting me...LOL.
Maybe he should have played his divots rather than the balls? lol

Ive noticed an increase in negativity. A lot of cryptic or hidden sarcastic comments I think, I've been caught up in myself so trying to not do that anymore. Just comment with clarity no clever hyperbole.

I'm not sure why some folks get so heated with your posts or other posts.

Despite not replying to "every" post, I can appreciate that your post contribution keeps the forum from going stale
(as seen with Saiga 12, AK forum..etc) those forums slow drastically from time to time (saiga 12 just stopped with the import ban).

I guess those fuming at your posts might want the same AK versus AR, CC-EDC and various other rehashed threads again and again. Or the Rah-Rah political type threads that inevitably get locked..
And those AK-V-AR and EDC/Conceal carry threads (though times and opinions can change and mine shift as well).. get fairly old. I realize new members may want to engage in those topics and that's what keeps them going.. but for the long time members I can certainly see how they'd get old after a while as one particular member about a month ago expressed claiming "not another XYZ post".

To those getting legitimately irritated with content creating posts on the forum:

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"
This entire site depends on engagment and I like to engage:) Thanks for putting up with me.

Ive noticed an increase in negativity. A lot of cryptic or hidden sarcastic comments I think, I've been caught up in myself so trying to not do that anymore. Just comment with clarity no clever hyperbole.
Your commentary has mostly been delightfully succinct; give yourself some credit.
:s0155:

Want something to uplift you guys? Spring arrival means... summer season.. means potentially bikinis/light clothing season!

Then again... people got so mad about some women's choices in fashion/outfits that they called the cops on the women :rolleyes:

There's a LOT of anger and hate out there. I don't get out much, as far as mingling with crowds, shopping etc, but I do frequently walk my dog. In just the past month there's been three instances where a passing car has either screamed something at me, blared a loud siren, or..like last night, rolled coal from a d-bag bro dozer.

Think about that..I'm just walking down the road. A middle age white guy, wearing a flannel, with a small dog on a leash..and strangers have done that. I don't look odd, don't stare people down, just doing my thing walking down the sidewalk.

WTF is going on? What's the passive-aggressiveness all about? Why are so many people angry, and not to mention cowardly? Not like I can chase them down and confront them.

I've never seen this level of anger 'out there' in my life.

Why are so many people angry, and not to mention cowardly?
POliticians being awful, news being 24-7 awful and fear mongering, economy being awful, everything being politicized to the point of absurdness (IMO), and then there's this persistent awfulness coming from all aspects of social media such as bad pranks, promoting immorality, revenge, "do to them before they do to us" and so on.

In other words.. everything seems awful

WTF is going on? What's the passive-aggressiveness all about? Why are so many people angry, and not to mention cowardly? Not like I can chase them down and confront them.

Society is now catering to peoples problems rather than calling it out to fix.

There's a LOT of anger and hate out there. I don't get out much, as far as mingling with crowds, shopping etc, but I do frequently walk my dog. In just the past month there's been three instances where a passing car has either screamed something at me, blared a loud siren, or..like last night, rolled coal from a d-bag bro dozer.

Think about that..I'm just walking down the road. A middle age white guy, wearing a flannel, with a small dog on a leash..and strangers have done that. I don't look odd, don't stare people down, just doing my thing walking down the sidewalk.

A LOT of it is fear. Anyone with half a brain can clearly see things are not going real well. Many are getting scared and humans are capable of some amazing 💩 when fear sets in.

POliticians being awful, news being 24-7 awful and fear mongering, economy being awful, everything being politicized to the point of absurdness (IMO), and then there's this persistent awfulness coming from all aspects of social media such as bad pranks, promoting immorality, revenge, "do to them before they do to us" and so on.

In other words.. everything seems awful
Agree with everything you said.

So what needs to happen for things to change?

How do we re-gain sanity?

I've said it a few times on this forum, and I've thought deeply about this..the only solution I can think of is to throw the switch. Grid-down. Turn it all off. If that were to happen, people would be forced to socialize with each other face-to-face. People would be forced to re-learn what it means to be community.

But the chances of that happening are slim. I don't think we all have it in us to reset.

So here we are..on the internet.

my favorite squirrel savant
:s0140:
I'm stealing that!
I have observed a lot more angry customers slamming the door open on the way out because we didn't want their stuff. Lots more honking on the highway out front of the shop. More rant threads here on the forum. College kids anger level with the Jews is out of sight high. People tailgating at 80 plus is common. Parents murdering kids in fits of rage, etc etc, etc. Some lady came walking by my primary job, cussing up a storm again the other night. She is a frequent flyer,. A guy went on a hammer attack at Wilsonville Safeway the other day. ATF is mad at us, we are mad at them..
Not your fault they cannot manage their money. Fak'em.
Then again... people got so mad about some women's choices in fashion/outfits that they called the cops on the women :rolleyes:
I dunno - Lizzo in bikini butt floss might be a horror show.

I wouldn't go walking after dark where I live. It doesn't really seem more dangerous, that I know of. Thought....(Why Tempt Fate).
Criminals of all crimes get released to roam the streets EVERY DAY. FOR THREE YEARS! Good enough to keep me in.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top