JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First off the idea of a "starter" firearm makes me wonder. Why waste time and money trying to find the best inferior firearm?
Buy something decent.

Now here's my 2 cents, I had a Maadi MISR a few years ago, nice gun. I just couldn't get past the sheet metal reciever, so I sold it. If I were to get another I would build one up from a milled reciever. Century has them for $100 bucks, Green Mountain has barrels for the milled reciever for around a hundred last I checked. Sure you are going to spend a few bucks for the shipping and transfer, but what the heck, you'll have a cool gun when you are done.

I paid $500 for a Yugo m70 underfolder. What you loose in "robustness" of the full wood stock you gain in the ability to maneuver your weapon in tight areas, vehicles, homes ect, it's almost a cross between a rifle and a pistol as far as I can tell. I agree with not over doing it on the doodads n stuff, only "mod" my ak has is a heavy drum magazine, you know, for when saying "f*** you" just isn't enough

Npap and M70 underfolders are GREAT! I owned one and have since traded it.. But i was a terrific rifle.
..& If compact is your game, Keep checking local FFLs
(Frontline armory, I think thats the name)
and online (J&G sales)

Scored my M92 for 400ish same with my M85..

With the M92..I haven't yet added an arm brace.. Think I may keep it short and sexy.

My M85 on the other hand..

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
May 26, 2024 Oregon Arms Collectors
Portland, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR

New Resource Reviews