adj rear sight for ruger mark ii fix sight?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by equin68, Jan 1, 2010.

1. equin68

equin68 Member

8   0   0
    I am a proud new owner of a ruger mark ii 4" tappered barrel with fixed sights. Has anyone setup this with adj rear sights?

brownells shows a few options, where some have comments associated with them that indicate that there was a gap at the bottom of the rear sight and the top of the dovetail. I realize that this may be a bit more involved since the front sight has to be matched to the rear sight.

Any helpful hints are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
  2. jhc5

jhc5 Member

1   0   0
    I don't have an answer, just a suggestion. I'm not sure if its good etiquette to point to another forum ,:paranoid: but I'd try your luck over on the rimfirecentral boards. (www.rimfirecentral.com) There is a ruger mark ii subforum you can search or post a question in. Hope this helps. :)
  3. actionflies

actionflies Member

5   0   0
    If you were using ruger adjustable sights, I think you have to machine a slot for the sights and possible changing out the front sights too. Probably better off buying another ruger with an adjustable rear sights.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. equin68

equin68 Member

8   0   0
  5. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Well-Known Member

22   0   0
    Are you having accuracy problems? I've not seen a Ruger with fixed sights that wasn't dead on unless the front sight ring got bumped and turned. That can happen (rarely) because it's a press fit on a tapered barrel.

What is the issue with the sights?