JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Exasperated Obama: Inability to get tougher gun laws shameful
http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/10/politics/obama-guns/index.html?iid=article_sidebar"The United States does not have a monopoly on crazy people. It's not the only country that has psychosis," he said. "And yet we kill each other in these mass shootings at rates that are exponentially higher than any place else. Well, what's the difference? The difference is that these guys can stack up a bunch of ammunition in their houses and that's sort of par for the course."

We might kill each other with GUNS at a higher rate perhaps, but I don't think we kill each other at a higher rate overall. Killing is killing why does the method matter so much to these guys?

How about we be responsible gun owners and stop letting our depressed, socially inept teens (thanks Facebook/Twitter, etc) get their hands on our guns. Cough, locks/safe, cough, arse-whooping for being a dumb kid. It all went downhill when spanking kids became wrong. I have kids myself. My dad used to beat my butt for doing something dumb and I thank him all the time for it. Made me a responsible hard working adult. Of course, I wouldn't have even thought about touching a gun in my house when I was a kid for fear of a good old fashioned country bubblegum whipping. Go figure.

Social networking is the be all/end all of humans. We are no longer people of flesh and blood, but merely words on a screen. Kids can't even fathom a real life person. Its much easier to take a life when you have no idea what that life really consists of. That's why Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and the like are banned from my house. I don't use them neither will my kids until they are at least 18 and buy their own cell phones/service. Its a sickness. It makes human interaction numb and irrelevant. Come on parents, get involved in your kids "social networking".

At the local high school here, there is a full-time police officer stationed at all times. I wonder if that is not common procedure everywhere. If not, it ought to be if only as a deterrent to those who would perpetrate such heinous acts.

Indeed, it should be, Spray! The problem is that the progressives have this Utopian mind set that most certainly does not include guns or armed officers in the schools! Note to Libs. This is not Utopia, it's the real, mean old world! Awww, it's for the children! Unfortunately it doesn't help those poor murdered children. :( Bless all those kids and their loved ones!

Exasperated Obama: Inability to get tougher gun laws shameful
http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/10/politics/obama-guns/index.html?iid=article_sidebar"The United States does not have a monopoly on crazy people. It's not the only country that has psychosis," he said. "And yet we kill each other in these mass shootings at rates that are exponentially higher than any place else. Well, what's the difference? The difference is that these guys can stack up a bunch of ammunition in their houses and that's sort of par for the course."

We might kill each other with GUNS at a higher rate perhaps, but I don't think we kill each other at a higher rate overall. Killing is killing why does the method matter so much to these guys?

Typcial Obama - look to all the other 'civilized' countries for a solution, since we clearly can't solve the problem here. Does this guy have any concept of what the United States is, what it stands for, what principles it was founded on? There are so many holes in what he had to say, it's just ridiculous. For one thing, this wasn't a mass shooting, it was stopped before it became a mass shooting. Heck, we had 3 people shot and killed over the weekend in Portland, where is the outcry about that? They cherry-pick the incidents that work for their anti-gun B.S. and ignore the rest. They ignore the stabbings. They ignore the rape, burglary, drunk driving, assault, kidnapping, child trafficking, child abuse, drug abuse, etc, etc. Honestly, how much time and effort have people like Bloomber, Pelosie, Feinstein and Obama put into saving lives from cancer cause by smoking? Heroin overdoses? Where are the cameras with Obama parading the families of the overdose victims? More people die in this country every day in car accidents then are ever killed by guns. Heck, on the day Sandy Hook happened, 3 times more people died in car accidents in this country - not a single politician shed a single tear for those 89 lost. No cry for tighter automobile restrictions or background checks for drivers. No, this has never been about saving lives, it's all about control. If they really cared about lives, there are far greater threats on a day to day basis than guns. Nope, this is just another attempt to take a tragedy and turn it in to politics - politics aimed at taking away our constitutionally guaranteed rights.

Funny, some comments I saw in the last few days about the shooting in Vegas stated that these two were influenced by 'right wing nutjobs' like Rush Limbaugh, Fox News, the Tea Party, etc. Okay, so if they are the ones causing these problems (chuckle), should we be looking to limit the 1st amendment? I mean, wouldn't that make sense, if by doing so, we could save just one life? Of course, if we limited the 1st amendment, we may run the risk of limiting the same folks trying to limit our gun rights, so of course that's unlikely to happen. Not to mention it would be considered absolutely ridiculous to try and limit that constitutional right.

These politicians are so out of touch with reality it's sickening. Starting right up with the POS POTUS and his little sidekick Joey B...

I am hoping the Police Chief will release further information at the next press conference, which I under stand is at 11am today. Should be live on all the PDX news stations - for those out of area they have live streaming on their webs sites.

Strange, there is never any outrage by the press when the shooting victims or the shooter is black (unless the victim is black and the shooter appears to be white). Must just be a coincidence...

Obama got it all wrong yet again - "we're the only nation where this happens" - ummmm no. Norway, Britain, Germany and Austrailia and Russia have had similar rampage shootings, and I believe until Sandy Hook - Germany held the honor of having the worst such incident in history.

And his numbers were wrong too - the BS he spouted how this happens every week - it does not. 78 recorded "school shootings" since Dec 2012 - which include any incident where a firearm was discharged on a school property ranging from elementary schools to universities - and not limited to aggressive acts where someone was actively trying to (or accomplished in) harm someone. If you weed out the non hostile incidents - that number gets a lot smaller.

But skewed numbers and outright lies are just another part of the agenda with Obama and his minions - they won't stop until they're either booted from their thrones or we're disarmed and subjugated like proper slaves and serfs. His kids and his money get protected by armed men. Our kids are not worthy of the same protection in his eyes. Teachers and security at schools should all have the option at least of being legally armed.

Well crap. Shooter ID'd as a freshman from Reynolds, used his parents AR-15, had a "semi automatic handgun" with him but didn't use it. Had 9 loaded mags with him. Tac vest and camo'd sports helmet. This kid was on a mission - and it sounds like the SRO's (armed cops) quickly engaged him in a gunfight, he retreated to a bathroom and offed himself.

The guns were locked up - the kid "defeated the security measures" and got the guns anyway.

I wonder if it will come out that this kid was bullied or on antipsychotic drugs.

I wonder how many of these kids have actually seen something die they cared about - how awful the actual suffering can be and the pain caused and inflicted on something. I had the benefit of growing up on a farm ( not a ranch ) and seeing animals die that I killed or died to many different reasons. I saw a couple of farmers die in accidents, one guy was half processed by a hay conditioner and was like that for several hours before he died when we found him. I had a few fights in school but the actual act of shooting someone was far from a solution to me then. I wonder if they knew what death actually meant before they decided to pull the trigger, if they would grab that gun as quickly. I think many of our kids see so much death on TV but are so removed from it that they have no idea what it means.

Can you imagine if that PE teacher had been armed. Hard to say at this point if it would have made a difference with the first victim, but it sure beats a sprint to the office soaking up lead as you go.

I wonder if these kids would do this if they understood the indignity of dying by your own hand, laying next to a crapper in the school bathroom. This kid will be hated for as long as people remember the event, even if they don't know his name. He accomplished NOTHING. The authorities should just pitch his sick worthless hide into a septic tank for disposal.

Just read he had an ar too. Great. It's f'ed up when innocent people die. Especially children. I agree with all of you. My parents beat my bubblegum if I did something wrong. No way in hell would I shoot someone or stab someone. Parents are not being parents. Giving kids drugs instead of discipline.

The mayor said too many children are dying. How many kids have died in Chiraq? Oh that's right, it's because it's mostly African American kids who are dying.

It says he rode the bus to school, with the guns and ammo in a guitar case and duffle bag. Seems the obvious knee-jerk response by an anti-gunner here would be to immediately ban all guitar cases and duffle bags, just to be 'safe'. Oh, and we need to add metal detectors on the buses too.

Where's the outrage Obummer ? Frickin" HYPOCRITE !!!!!

June 9, 2014
There were at least 29 shot in Chicago over the weekend, and some of those were fatal gun shots. Chicago had another weekend of violence. The first fatal shooting of the weekend was back on Friday afternoon. An 18-year-old was found by police in the Rogers Park neighborhood of Chicago. He was pronounced dead at the hospital. He was one of four that died of gun shot wounds during the weekend. NBC Chicago reported on the violent weekend on June 8.

The 18-year-old man was not the only person shot during that Friday afternoon incident. A 20-year-old man drove himself to the hospital after shooting himself in the foot. He was in good condition. The incident on Friday was just the start of the violent weekend for Chicago residents. Several more shootings happened during the weekend.

Another fatal shooting happened on Friday night. A woman was taken to the hospital after a shooting during a possible domestic incident. She was pronounced dead at the hospital. Two fatal shootings happened on Saturday, and there were several incidents in the overnight hours of Saturday and into Sunday morning. At least 29 were shot in incidents over the weekend.

The shootings did not only involve civilians though. Two officers were also shot over the weekend, according to NBC Chicago. Malik Shabazz has been charged with five counts of first degree murder after shooting two officers during a routine traffic stop on Friday night. The officers pulled over Shabazz around 11:30 p.m. on Friday night. When the officers stepped out of their vehicle to approach, the man opened fire on the officers. The officers returned fire, and the man and woman inside the vehicle were wounded.

One officer was wounded during the incident. A 38-year-old officer was shot in the knee, and he was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center. He will recover from his injury. The second officer at the scene took the bullet in his bullet proof vest, and he was released from the hospital after treatment. Shabazz was still in the hospital for his injuries on Sunday. The woman that was with him in the car was shot in the shoulder. She was taken to Little Company of Mary Hospital for treatment.

This is not the first violent weekend for Chicago in 2014. In fact, Chicago is a city known for violence. According to NPR, there were 157 homicides in Chicago in 2013. Cheryl Corley from the site said the following about violence in the city: "In 2013, at least 412 Chicagoans lost their lives violently — about 100 fewer than a year ago. That's more than those murdered in New York, and more than Los Angeles. But a Yale University analysis says that despite Chicago's grim numbers, the city's crime rate is not exceptional when compared with other large cities."

Corley also revealed that Chicago ranks 19th in the nation in "violent crime levels." This has it on par with the cities of Houston or Minneapolis. The gun violence in the city has pushed the mayor to propose new gun laws. What do you think? Do you live in Chicago? Did your city have a similar weekend? Share your thoughts below

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top