JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I haven't seen any for sale on here recently, and was wondering if it's currently legal to sell or buy 80% lowers. My understanding is that come sometime in October they all need seriaized here in Oregon. Any inside would be appreciated.

Crickets. I would bet that nobody who has them is gonna say so and nobody who wants them is willing to purchase online. Get caught with one after the deadline and you've pretty much lost your gun rights in Oregon. Get caught with two and you're a felon. High risk, low reward in my opinion...

200.gif

HB 2005, went into effect July 2023 , but has a provision for those Oregonians who wants to maintain possession of their 80%s to serialize them by FFLs by Sept 2024
I thought there was a separate bill passed this year that banned only possession of serialized frames but maybe Im mistaken.

which law prohibits buying after July 2024?
HB2005 and after July 13, 2023. The only things exempted until Sept 1, 2024 are possession of an unfinished frame/receiver or a firearm without a serial number.

ETA: Well... and some of the section 8 amendments aren't enacted until Sept 1 too, but that's mainly striking/adding a word here and there, putting in a provision that any violation requires you to surrender the offending object and adjustments to the penalty structure, etc. IE., If you have a previous conviction of a provision under HB2005... any subsequent charge get's upped in severity.

Just piddly stuff, but for any practical purpose related to acquiring, transferring and possession... none of those affect anything.

Last Edited:
I thought there was a separate bill passed this year that banned only possession of serialized frames but maybe Im mistaken.

Didn't see anything even after clicking "previous 50 bills" all the way to the Senate bills. Not that it says anything, for example, couldnt find any info on the task force to do suicide stats/investigations or some such?

Thank you both, I must have mixed this up with another discussion somewhere or probably just transposed the 3 and the 4 in my head. So the HB2005 law went into effect July 2023 prohibiting buying/importing, and with the serialization/possesion exemption until Sept1st 2024. Got it now.

My question is.... if you're making a grocery store run and you happen to spot a $50 bill laying on the ground 2 parking space over... and in your excitement to go pick it up you didn't notice that one of your 80% frames happened to fall out of the car... isn't that covered under the "finder's keepers, loser's weepers" clause(??)

🤔 :D

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top