JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's what I always say to myself. Bullet holes would pretty much be definitive? But poisoning not so much. I wonder how ranchers like seeing their newborn calves taken, more every year, as the wolf numbers increase?

We outdoorsmen should be glad that sabre tooth tigers didn't once roam Oregon. I'm sure these "Bring the wolves back to historic number" people would think it's okay for humans to be taken from time to time. For the good of the Earth, of course.
Release a pack in PDX

Back in the early 2000's when I lived in Juneau, the greenies whined and moaned until they shut down wolf hunting/trapping on Douglas Island. Didn't take long for the wolves to pretty much wipe out every the deer on the island.
I lived in Juneau from 89-2004. Hunted black bear and deer on Douglas every year. My buddy just told me that he sees more wolves than deer on Douglas now :(

I lived in Juneau from 89-2004. Hunted black bear and deer on Douglas every year. My buddy just told me that he sees more wolves than deer on Douglas now :(
Sad isn't it? I was there with you from 2000 to 2005 in the CG. That was the beginning of the end of Douglas deer me thinks. Juneau, being the center of Alaskan politics, is full of greenie lobbyists that immediately rise up and squawk the minute something is going to happen to one of these poor cuddly animals and because they are right in the politician's ear, that's all they hear. The lobbyists don't seem to understand that letting one species run rampant can wipe out the population of another. If they watched a pack of wolves tear a deer to pieces, they'd probably squawk about having them all killed for being so mean to the deer. Or if they watched wolves starve to death because all the prey on the island has been depleted, they'd blame ADFW for not managing them correctly. I certainly don't want all the wolves killed, but some sort of wolf population control is good for the whole ecosystem.

It saddens me that a story on dead wolves turned political. :rolleyes:
Tell me a story about wolves that hits the main stream that doesn't deal with politics.

Political introduction, political protection, politics to subsidize ranchers for loss, politics to prevent hunting...

Tell me a story about wolves that hits the main stream that doesn't deal with politics.

Political introduction, political protection, politics to subsidize ranchers for loss, politics to prevent hunting...

Yep, lots of politics for sure. And unless they are directly related to the 2A, they are not allowed per forum rules.

Yep, lots of politics for sure. And unless they are directly related to the 2A, they are not allowed per forum rules.
Considering any elimination of them aside from cyanide traps would require the use of a firearm..

Sure links them to the 2nd Amendment and the right to self preservation which involves keeping and bearing arms.

This is the Northwest Hunting forum. Hunting, 2A and politics will always be in the same conversation as wolves. If you don't like the conversation you can go somewhere else.

This is the Northwest Hunting forum. Hunting, 2A and politics will always be in the same conversation as wolves. If you don't like the conversation you can go somewhere else.

Maybe take a look at who you are quoting before posting. Besides that, I left this alone after my comment and moved on. Do the same.

We're all equal here.

Never said we weren't. But I'm not going to be told to move along if I don't like the conversation. I've put my time in here, I think I've earned the right to post my opinions.

And I'm out, I moved past this 10 minutes after my original post. I only replied again because I was quoted by you.

Maybe take a look at who you are quoting before posting. Besides that, I left this alone after my comment and moved on. Do the same.
Are you referring to you being a staff member? Are we going to get banned for mentioning politics? There wasn't even any arguing or ranting, just some guys joking around. When the hell did Mark Zuckerberg buy out Northwest Firearms?

Are you referring to you being a staff member? Are we going to get banned for mentioning politics? There wasn't even any arguing or ranting, just some guys joking around. When the hell did Mark Zuckerberg buy out Northwest Firearms?

No mention of banning, moderation or otherwise to be found in any of my posts. I was referring to my long-standing membership and the fact that I CAN and WILL post my opinions here at NWFA. That's all.

This thread could have been a good discussion about wolves and the ridiculous policies regarding the various species but instead we got jokes about Epstein, the Clinton's, Putin, Biden and Asian racism. All in the first 20 or so posts. Oh well.

Last Edited:
No mention of banning, moderation or otherwise to be found in any of my posts. I was referring to my long-standing membership and the fact that I CAN and WILL post my opinions here at NWFA. That's all.
Perfect that works with me! Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. I hate politic talk as much as anybody else but unfortunately it goes hand in hand with wolves and most folks were just making jokes anyway.

Perfect that works with me! Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. I hate politic talk as much as anybody else but unfortunately it goes hand in hand with wolves and most folks were just making jokes anyway.

Agreed and understood.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads